UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Should the veteran reward system be overhauled and rebuilt?

• Yes

Votes: 286 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elf

Sorceror
Re: A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

I think it should be how it is on Demise, 90 days per year, 270 days = 3 years(9 months). It actually almost means something to have an ethereal there.

Jax

Wanderer

i sugested this about a year ago after i sat there and farmed over 500 rewards.... its been needed to be done for years and yes its a dan good idea

Apoc Arad said:
I agree Darkarna. You begin to really play only when you get ethies. Make em available sooner than 6 month, 3 is enough I think.

Note : my accounts are older than 6 months.
i played most time of my uo life without ethereals cuz they came out just a year before i quit playing and it didnt bother me before to get tamed animals as ride..
, its just some lil toy i got and thats helps me sometimes... anyway... older people need some help to move*lol*

: only thing they are really helpful: taming... u dont need to block some of this new shit with pet space omg...

Apoc Arad

Wanderer

I join faction less than 2 weeks after joining the shard, with my 2x fencer, and no ethies.

Your mounts are flagged oranges to ennemy factionner....It's such a pain to run to stables each 5 mins......

My account are eligible to 6-months ethies, BUT I SUPORT SOONER ETHIES FOR NEW PLAYERS DAMMIT

Str0ngold

Wanderer

I dont like ethies when i play, since there is always 1 bola mage or tamer per good guild so gg to war horse.

Kakarott

Wanderer

Seems like the 'real' reason for this suggestion is to make donation mounts more-appealing, and thus, increase donations.

Not that I'm opposed to such a thing; but let's tell it like it is, there's no reason for the smokescreen.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Kakarott said:
Seems like the 'real' reason for this suggestion is to make donation mounts more-appealing, and thus, increase donations.

Not that I'm opposed to such a thing; but let's tell it like it is, there's no reason for the smokescreen.

wrong.

Phooey

Knight

Justin Kicks Ass said:
so when is this being implemented?
Good question, although I'd first like to just know details on the system like how it's going to work and what will be available. ;)

I can't believe no one has commented on Ministry's post either positively or negatively. I think he has the perfect solution to all parties.

Add 90 days onto the age of all the accounts that currently exist at the time of the reward switch. Those already waiting in anticipation would get their Ethy without waiting any longer, those who are already over the six months still get everything that has previously been explained in the post, and new accounts start from scratch.

Of course, I can see the owners not wanting to do this if it has to be done individually by account. I know I wouldn't want to copy and paste the same line of code into 9407269088927983475089236 accounts. Then again, I'm no longer in the programming game and don't remember how these things work.

Throw some feedback to this solution. I think Ministry has a good thing going here.

Code Blue

Knight

i totally agree with you ryan..
Not with yer sig though..
We need to revamp the vet system

I have not used hardly any at all.
cuz there pretty much all worthless.

S

Snot Goblin

this idea has my support

wkstrm

Lord

papasmurf said:
you should have for donations to buy 300 stats to ur character that would be worth donating to.. :p 225 u can get anytime its not worth 10$ but if u have it where the only way u can get 300 stats is by donating :) .. what u think?

worst fucking idea I've ever heard.
that would unbalance the game.

wkstrm

Lord

I bort hate and love this idea.
I hate it because I got trammelized after having played OSI for 8 years.
But still I think it is a good idea because then the veteran awards becomes worth something again.
btw, my accounts are soon 2 months old (so I won't get any benefits from this actually).

I guess the idea was to delete all rewards? a question then, what will happen to the stuff I bought from other players? dyetubs/statues and such.. oh never mind. it's just money.

i like six month idea, but also allow those grandfathered in to get theres at 3month though, and if you spread types of ethys over longer time periods, for instance, 3month get lama, 6 get horse, 12 get ostard, 18 get unicorn, 2years get one and so on, it will make all players feel special for long time. not just six months. order doesnt matter.

wkstrm

Lord

actually. the worst ethys are the horse or chimera, after that comes the ki-rin. there are only two cool ethys, the llama and polar bear.

Sam-hybrid

Knight

Ajax has a good point ive been here along time and i something like 30+ items still to chose.. i think it should be around 6moths to a year till first reward and ethys should be maby 2 years.