UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Should the veteran reward system be overhauled and rebuilt?

• Yes

Votes: 286 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Lunarpancake said:
so....would a 1 year old account get 1 year worth of pts after the wipe? or would all accounts be starting from 0 months?
I think he means like. Wipe all points. Restart with new rewards. If you have 1 year in you recieve 2 points. 1.5 years 3 and so forth. Every 6 months you recieve one point.

Ryan said:
The proposal is to wipe all veteran rewards on the shard, and repopulate your accounts with points to claim veteran rewards.

Elf

Sorceror

Any plans to add the +5 points to the skill cap per year?

/flame on

Lheann

Wanderer

I like the idea but what I have not seen is this.

36 month old account will get how many points back?
36 or 6?

since a new account started post wipe that reaches 36 months will only have 6 points I am for this only if points get returned based on the NEW reward period. Otherwise Ryan will have created a super class of veterans that will never be possible again.

otherwise i think it is a good idea. One other thing. items that are veterans rewards should be removed from the donation store. except for the etheral horse. otherwise veteran rewards are not as special as they should be.

as for a shorter period for etheral mounts. well tough. donate. support the shard and accept that UOG while "free" to play on is not "free" if you want the cool stuff that makes you stand out or gives you an advantage. in the end it cost time or money to have the really nice stuff.

Again I vote yes only if the points returned are based on the NEW reward period not the old.

Elf

Sorceror

Lheann said:
in the end it cost time or money to have the really nice stuff.

That brings up an interesting idea. What if vet rewards were something that you were eligible for but had to buy with gold? Say after 6 months you could get an ethereal horse but it cost like 500k? Wonder how many people would be interested in that. :)

masterty

Wanderer

i have been on this shard for 2 years now and i agree and disagree with some things.

i agree with the fact of deleting all vet rewards because they are useless now. changing the rewards and making people wait longer for the rewards is also a very good idea.

although on the other hand, i disagree with the fact of making new comers wait 6 months for an ethy. Yes they are veteran rewards made for veterans but pvp just isnt the same without an ethys. yes you can bond a horse and create a char with vet but thats also a hassel.

i think the best solution for this would be to wipe out all vet rewards currently existing and start all the vet rewards new. but keep the 3 month horse or llama ethy (nothing big) and then as you get older and older, u get better ethys and vet rewards.

either way has very little effect on me. im just putting in my thoughts but ryan and staff, i give u kudos for an excellant idea and this will just make hybrid an even better shard :)

A Walrus

Wanderer

im not gonna read the entire thing, but i recently bought a polar bear ethy for a large sum... is there any chance they would become available via vet rewards?

Arkainen

Sorceror

I agree with keeping the basic ethies (Horse, Llama, Ostard) at the 3 month mark if this gets done..

Elf

Sorceror

A Walrus said:
im not gonna read the entire thing, but i recently bought a polar bear ethy for a large sum... is there any chance they would become available via vet rewards?

I doubt they would make that available to everyone since they were just added to the donation list. It would a pretty big slap in the face to whomever just bought one of those for $50. Can't really see it happening unless it's like, something for 1000 day old accounts or something.

i think converting the already giuven vets would be a good thing.,.. there woulkd be something new semi rare, even if the entire shard had it then... something like an unblessed shirt with onklick "i owned a wiped vet reward and all i got was this lousy shirt" loL :p
or u make a box if someone inserts a vet reward (it should stand at every bank) he will be given a varios thing thats rare or maybe just nothing, so it wouldnt be that much new stuff... like playing one handed bandit, u insert vet and get somethiong or not on 1:10 that would be great!!

As a relative newbie to Hybrid, but an old UO player (my original account was opened on day 1 of going live) the one thing that UO always did right was balance. Having said that, any reward which would make one group of players impossibly powerful would damage the game. Right now, you may be good at PvP or skilled, but anyone, with patience, practice and time, can become your equal. Anything which unbalances that would be unacceptable.

Bob said:
1 year ethereal mounts would be a good change, vet rewards should actually be for vetrans.
yeah hybrid needs a minimum of 6 months up to one year for ethereal riding cuz i see like every second using ethereal steeds and that sucks, u cant even see if someones newb cuz 3 months of playing isnt a long tie and a half year is a some time to know the game... if you think about it... as releasing ethereal on OSI the longest playing ppl had a 3 year or 4 year acc too so its equal to hybrid now... but anybody would scream then so set a mark to 6, 12 or 18/24 months... that would be good

ImDaMan

Wanderer

hessen no offense dude but most players that come this shard are no newbies... i started here 2 weeks ago but i been playing OSI for over 5 years and i know exactly what im doing and i came mostly for pvp and old school ownage .. now ya telling me you want me to wait one year for me to ride an ethy .. that everytie i die with my red im have to go get a tamer to find me a horse ... i believe that ya maybe its good idea to be 6 months 1 rewards, but that means if you can afford an ethie .. might as well be able to ride it cuz ya know if that happens the prices are goin way up high ..

its only an ethy, there are plenty more vet rewards you veterans can show off, what if you make horse ethy 3month, beetle + swamp ethy 6 month.. ki-rin 1 year or something?

but its incredibly annoying having to buy a new horse every time or you die or in my case, having to get someone to res my pet while i am red...

greenhell

Wanderer

I'm a year vet but been playing Ultima since Ultima 6 before online and was playing online when it first came out. I have a bunch of vet rewards some i've brought, some stolen, some for free and of course some i've claimed. I would like to see more gifts that help player stats (skill ball) or improve game play (weapons, uniqe spells ect.) I don't know if this can be done but would make game play fun. also don't make it impossible for a new 7x player to beat a vet but harder.