UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Should the veteran reward system be overhauled and rebuilt?

• Yes

Votes: 286 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

ImDaMan said:
hessen no offense dude but most players that come this shard are no newbies... i started here 2 weeks ago but i been playing OSI for over 5 years and i know exactly what im doing and i came mostly for pvp and old school ownage .. now ya telling me you want me to wait one year for me to ride an ethy .. that everytie i die with my red im have to go get a tamer to find me a horse ... i believe that ya maybe its good idea to be 6 months 1 rewards, but that means if you can afford an ethie .. might as well be able to ride it cuz ya know if that happens the prices are goin way up high ..
i know what you mean dude, ive been pklaying uo for 4 years too and i didnt play thze last 4 years so im lucky i created an account over 1 1/2 years ago... ;) i can understand that but i think 3 months is not enough so i said a min. of 6 months thats fair and no newbie who doesnt know uo can ride it... after a half year of constant playing u know uo well enough i hope... and if theres only a 3 months mark a real newbie who starts now can ride ethereal soon so its nothing special you know??!?! and ethereal mounts as vet is nothing special again cuz u have a vet mark at 3 months already... same thing as we have now... so best would be 6 months or one year ;)
btw. if you need a 3 months acc pm me i maybe got one for you

greenhell said:
also don't make it impossible for a new 7x player to beat a vet but harder.

its all bout skills ^^

only thing about being a vet is, you get more respect and you get free gifts....
if your a new person who is 7x7, it should be equally possible to kill each other assuming you both have the same equipment.

greenhell

Wanderer

I realize that just meant through rewards a year vet could have a better weapon or such or like osi a raised skill cap for each year

Loess

Wanderer

Long John Silver said:
Would all my vets i already have be gone? because i wanna be able to keep the ones i got now? {:-(

Dude, for god sake, read the fuking thread.

And why in hell people keep asking about DONATION (THEY RE NOT VETERAN, they are DONATION) ETHYS??????????

(yeah, I know, ryan already said this, but people keep asking, WTF)

Kid Chaos

Wanderer

I definately think messing with the vet rewards is a bad idea. I believe that it should be redone but with the stability of the shard as of late there really isn't room for more changes that could possibly cause more crashes and shit

steaknife56

Wanderer

There should be a re-stocking stone reward, wich you'd have to drag/drop supplies and armor into and then set with items to restore and the quantity. This way, when PvPing, you'd only have to doubleclick the stone and hit some restock button and your set.

Perkis

Wanderer

I've been waiting for a proposal like this. Go for it! Start now :)

MarcusO

Sorceror

I'm okay with the change (and I voted yes) as long as we get credit for time served, which I think you aluded to in your post. My three accounts each have 20+ unclaimed vet rewards because after a few ethy's and a couple +2 robes, I saw no point in claiming any more. I say good riddence to zillions of statues.

Darkarna

Sorceror

I voted no for the simple reason of being a stealth thief.. My account is slowly ticking up those days but having to wait to use a an etheral mount for another couple of months will seriously destroy my template. I can see the advantages this would have, especially when it would increase the prices on the other vet rewards, but for some classes this would definately ruin them.

Its fine saying, "But you waited that long on the OSI shards to gain your rewards", but I will say "Exactly, I waited that long to get that bloody reward and I dont fancy waiting that long again to get the same reward."

I can see that 98% of the vets here are jumping up and down about this and believe it to be a great way forward. Granted, it is a great way forward, but only if your account is six months or older. What I would love to see, is the account age wiped and see how many people would vote no then. Its fine voting yes when you are already passed that barrier and have no fear of your template to be disabled pretty drastically. I remeber when I first made my thief and was riding around on a rideable llama known as Fluffy, that poor llama spent the majority of its time in Ghost Form and trying to get it rezzed was an absolute pain in the arse. When I was able to ride an ethy, I wiped the anguish lines from my face and become a new and happy player once more..

After reading this, those lines are beginning to show again.....

Apart from that, yeah im all for it..: P

Apoc Arad

Wanderer

I agree Darkarna. You begin to really play only when you get ethies. Make em available sooner than 6 month, 3 is enough I think.

Note : my accounts are older than 6 months.

Caz

Knight

I want ethies >: All my accounts are less than 2 months, dammit.