UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Should the veteran reward system be overhauled and rebuilt?

• Yes

Votes: 286 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Str0ngold

Wanderer
Re: A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Liscious said:
from a pvp standpoint I disagree, some newer players to the shard play to pvp and having to buy horses for 6 months sucks when you can train to 7x in a week. otoh this would improve donations. keep the 3 month ethy rewards and change the rest imo.

join faction, win town, get bonded warhorse.

Mara

Knight

I say no, since my biggest concern is the ethereal mounts. Right now, with the way that stealth works and the changes made to bolas, some of the characters I've tried to use are just at an extreme disadvantage. Having to wait 6 months to get an ethereal (outside of buying one through a donation) seems way too long. Essentially people that try to fight on foot on this shard are screwed already, and this would make it even worse.

El Shaggy

Wanderer

God damn, you would think it was impossible to play UO without an ethereal. Its not a big deal people. get over it and go PVP.

Van-hybrid

Sorceror

Great idea, why delay the inevitable? Increase vet reward status pronto.

Fain

Sorceror

El Shaggy said:
God damn, you would think it was impossible to play UO without an ethereal. Its not a big deal people. get over it and go PVP.

Finally, someone who understands.

Mara

Knight

Ah its not impossible, just very difficult or expensive to play certain characters types due to the way some of the other things are set up. The only way for a foot soldier to put someone on the same playing field as them is to use a bola, and they just aren't cost effective due to what it takes to get and/or use them. Yes, some people have all the money in the world to burn so it doesn't matter, but most likely it comes from two places - donation money, or tamer recalling into dungeons, etc. Both are pretty lame.

There is no other way to dismount a person like you have in post-AOS shards. There is no terrain penalty for mounts no matter where they go, so all the benefit lies in using a mount no matter where you are or what you do. Some people have suggested some workarounds, but it still doesn't fix the fact that stealthers have been put at a real disadvantage.

Mara

Knight

Thats enough bitchin from me about stealthing though. It is what it is, and I trust the gms to do what's best anyway. I'll adapt regardless, but since it seemed like Ryan was asking for people to put in their two cents, I figured I'd do it.

viper155

Sorceror

I say yes!

I think some people on this thread need to understand that the people voting no prob didnt play osi so they dont understand what it was like to wait 3 years for a ethreal mount or whatever it was.

6 months =no big deal.

Yes
yes
yes

Sunrefni

Wanderer

I personally see the ethereals and veteran rewards as a reason to keep playing; it gives you a goal, something to strive for. Without that, the population would probably start to decrease because they grow tired of the repetition.

Just a suggestion to go along with the new vet rewards. But how about making colored ethy's. Some people like the look of riding a nightmare without the hassles of actually having one or having animal taming. This would give the ability to put in some of the newer looking mounts without effecting pvp. Personally I would like to see Fire Steed ethy's. Even if they aren't on vet rewards how about on the donation page?