UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Advice for new player

ramax99

Knight
Best first template is tamer necro mage. Training taming isnt hard. I can tell you 2 ways to do it fast up to 90. 1st - create a new account, go to a desert with scorpions while you have young status, and tame scorpions/snakes (will train up to 90 from 50). Another way is same place, and if you have enough money for a house (smallest cheapest house plot), build a house in desert, lure scorpions/snakes near the house, and just tame them standing safely inside (this way you can train without having young player status). When your young status ends, get some taming jewelry and just tame unicorns/ki-rins up to 105. When you are at 105, raise animal lore to 115 and buy a greater dragon. Bond it, raise veterinary while its bonding, and start farming monsters. I would advice blood elementals probably, they might drop good loot.

PS.: keep animal lore locked while you are training taming, this way you will gain taming skill faster.

that sounds like a plan! one thing i hate about taming is going around that bloody ice island a millions times. which dessert? one in malas or one east of brit? how much taming wud i need on jewls at 90 to tame unic/kirin? already looted a +10 yesterday

ramax99

Knight
take taming and vet. Pses are cheap, 110 taming should be like 5-10k, and lore around 50-100k. + 10 taming jewel will be enough. Here is the desert.
I would probably better place a house in it, lure monsters, start taming macro and just watch movie or smth while taming. But keep an eye on uo so you don't do that afk (i dont know if its illegal to raise taming afk)

Barnicoat

Knight
It is illegal to raise taming afk.

Also, about the differing opinions. Everyone has a different idea of what is "hard". I guess I have a bit more patience than Cerxis?

Cerxis

Traveler
I guess I have a bit more patience than Cerxis?

Definitly! :D training taming with full skills takes ages in comparison to a char with just a few skills. If i hadnt known this, i would train it even on a full char, than its still faster then on OSI ;)

And i doubt u can easily skill taming up to 90 on scrops :eek:
They just require 47.1 . That would be 40+ points ...
Snakes would be a bit better (59.1). I guess the gain will go insanly slow at around 70/80
But i dont know :D

@ips
necro is for animate dead. Helps alot if u can attack mobs with 3 additional mobs :D

ramax99

Knight
Definitly! :D training taming with full skills takes ages in comparison to a char with just a few skills. If i hadnt known this, i would train it even on a full char, than its still faster then on OSI ;)

And i doubt u can easily skill taming up to 90 on scrops :eek:
They just require 47.1 . That would be 40+ points ...
Snakes would be a bit better (59.1). I guess the gain will go insanly slow at around 70/80
But i dont know :D

@ips
necro is for animate dead. Helps alot if u can attack mobs with 3 additional mobs :D

I trained 3 tamers there, and many friends of mine did the same. Necro is good for animate deed, whither (let all monsters attack your pet, stand behind it and just wither them all), and corpse skin.

dnt wither and corpse counter act eachother? with does cold dmg, corpse increases cold resist. Y are spellweave books so bloody expensive 50k! my template is as follows for mage/necro,weaver.
100 Magery
100 Eval
100 Med
100 Necro
100 spirit
100 spellWeav
100 Spell Resist
Once i get some ps do i lower resist?

Cerxis

Traveler
u dont need 100 weaving
if u want to use a lot of those skills u should skill it up to 80 (for arcane circle)
if u just want to use feys and nature furies 50 should be enough (not sure if its 100% successchance)

for PSs drop resi if u dont want to pvp with this char
if u wanna pvp with this drop medi .. but u need a good suit to get the manareg u lose from medi

na not really interested in pvp at mo. just wanna kill lots of tough stuff so i can make dosh and items and house etc

Cerxis

Traveler
they dont get dispelled
they are not magical

killing paras ... mh , dunno

why u want to kill paras that hard? the drop of them is as bad as the normal ones and most of those minors are worth nothing
i never found an invulshield or that dci plate which are worth atleast some cash :(

not too sure on what else to farm, paras where what i used to kill day in day out. only toher thing i used to kill was ancient wryms, balrons. are toko minor arties dropping?

Cerxis

Traveler
toko minors?
Lesser Treasure of Tokuno? (ltot)
nope , they dont drop anymore
only way to get them is to buy them or to get lucky on an event

just kill normal stuff like bloodies ... for my opinion its the best mob for effort by loot