UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise - What's missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundoom

Sorceror
wouldnt fixing casting be the first thing up? its very messed up and it affects every caster on the shard. it would be nice if magery took a little timing instead of just spamming with macros. i vote aos bugs first then se then ml. when things are done out of order you end up with greater dragons killing everything. then a gm doesnt like them so they make them invisable themselves. now we have retarded greater dragons that invis themselves in a middle of a fight like i have never seen on osi.

Pzs already explained this one multiple times in the past.

The casting will stay as it is, that simple.
(i've raged about it before, won't get you anywhere either)

Xavier

Account Terminated
i think it was something about demise working faster overall

it is. Im not keen on addressing this right now. However, as part of a larger overhaul to PVP in general, sure. The dexer have and historically have had some pretty outrageous things they take advanate of too. This is one of those all or none issues, as far as I am concerned.

SelectThis

Sorceror
I think the important thing is to look at why Demise exists at all, ie what makes Demise different to all the other shards out there? From the website:

UOGamers: Demise is a free Ultima Online server produced by The RunUO Team designed to be the flagship development environment for The RunUO Team to keep up with the latest updates by EA Games.

In other words, Demise is here to help develop RunUO and as a result of that help the many other shards that use RunUO. So while it would be nice to have a nice stable environment to play in, we should expect and embrace change, as that is how RunUO will grow in the future. Bring on ML and SA!

The casting is really a non issue, anyone who's competant enough with spellplay can beat 100% of LEGITIMATE macros.

The only time it becomes an issue is when ILLEGITIMATE third party software comes into play, but as of late it's been quite moderated and pretty seemingly non existant, at least to me.

Well we have a good list here getting compiles. I agree with the casting aspect. Familiars as well. Personally on OSI I loved Wisp. Familiars are pretty much useless considering they just charge head first into the fray instead of standing there with you doing their thing.
Wolves have the stamina regen effect and control over other wolves.
Death Adders have Poison but then there's the snake charming ability.
Horde Minions are just for carrying junk but they're good little companions for truly newer players to help kill things. Same with the wolves.
Vampire bats are a good idea in theory but ultimately weak.
Wisp are what I'd like to see if the familiar thing was fixed. That extra mana boost every now and then is great.
Paragon movement speed needs to be tweaked as well. Go jump on OSI and try and have a foot race with one. It's do or die with the 'high end' ones. Ancient Wyrms, Greater Dragons etc. That's just another little difference when it comes to mobs.
Maybe tweak the spawners a bit in Tokuno.
The shared spawners there between animals and monsters just come off to me as a hasty quick fix.
I like Tokuno. Outside of ToTs there's no reason people go there it seems besides Hiryus and Beetles. I think Oni's are pretty fun to tangle with playing classes besides tamers.

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Just about any good fighter can run up and smack you for a 1/3 your hp. So bitching about a spell doing 1/4 or equal is a moot point. It is balanced as is.

Lucifall

Knight
it is. Im not keen on addressing this right now. However, as part of a larger overhaul to PVP in general, sure. The dexer have and historically have had some pretty outrageous things they take advanate of too. This is one of those all or none issues, as far as I am concerned.
It's just crying over crying, really. People try to blame their deaths on game mechanics they can use themselves.

Sundoom

Sorceror
Combatants who play more than 5 minutes.

Just an "if" and i doubt it'd ever happen, but if mages could not use timed spells (energy bolt + flamestrike) at the same time, i am sure that combatants would play longer than 5 mins, considering they just cannot kill other players as fast...

(i think i said it wrong, but im not sure how to correct the sentence)

not to mention most of the crying about mages would end as well.

Sundoom

Sorceror
You can't really stack those two spells; even with 2/6 casting, they're at 1.75 and 2.0 seconds, and the delay on them is only 1.0 seconds.

Not really sure how it works exactly, but a mage that casts one of the two, (lets say energy bolt first - then flamestrike) can start up a second cast without losing the first. Before the second spell flamestrike is ready and cancels out the energy bolt, the player can still cast energy bolt and then click again half a seconds later if that once flamestrike is ready... and also hit the opponent with flamestrike.

i dunno how spell casting is supposed to work, i only know what i have seen opponents do, how many times i've been hit like this, and deals well over half my hp. (78-84 damage.)

i doubt this is anything to fix, it's just an annoyance and what frustrates anyone not playing a mage.

Not really sure how it works exactly, but a mage that casts one of the two, (lets say energy bolt first - then flamestrike) can start up a second cast without losing the first. Before the second spell flamestrike is ready and cancels out the energy bolt, the player can still cast energy bolt and then click again half a seconds later if that once flamestrike is ready... and also hit the opponent with flamestrike.
Um... This should not be happening. It might be possible that use of a third-party program MIGHT be able to over-ride this, or it could just be a coincidental result of really bad lag.

But you should never be able to cast any two spells, regardless of what field they come from, etc. at the same time. You should always be stopped with the message, "You are already casting a spell."

Lucifall

Knight

i dunno how spell casting is supposed to work, i only know what i have seen opponents do, how many times i've been hit like this, and deals well over half my hp. (78-84 damage.)

i doubt this is anything to fix, it's just an annoyance and what frustrates anyone not playing a mage.
It's either a pre-cast or they cast an FS followed by an EB while you are still on screen, or an Explo + FS / EB / Meteor / whatever. You are just making shit up unfortunately.

EvilChild

Knight

Why would anyone do this when they can just explo -> flamestrike you? Same cast time, same damage, same everything. In fact, I am guessing that they are doing explo - fs and you are simply confusing ebolt with explo.

*ninjad*

Sundoom

Sorceror
I dunno anything else other than what i have said minus having explo + FS used on me as well.

Let's just get back on topic for what should be fixed

el pepino

Sorceror
I know there are a lot of you who want things done on Demise (code wise) to make the shard more 'authentic' to the OSI experience and as such I want to give you a chance to voice your opinion!

What are the top three features/items/systems (etc..) you see missing on Demise that you'd like to have?

This is your chance, have at it!

[#1] Fix/complete all AOS-SE-ML content: Items, mobiles, quests, crafting, etc.

[#2] Add the High Seas content.

[#3] Begin Adding Stygian Abyss content.

Try to keep the implementation linear following in the order (as closely as possible) to the updates that took place on OSI.
This would be helpful in passing out the correct types of heritage tokens for the proper eras, and give a since that we are indeed following in the foot steps of OSI.
I wish you and the other developers the best of luck with all of this and thank you for your time and efforts to keep these servers going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.