UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

IDEA: Duel pit is to PvP as Clans are to RP (read)

After reading this idea, would this be a valuable RP option for the UOG society?

• Yes

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 37 44.0%
  • Maybe... a good start. Make this change:

Votes: 13 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icey

Sorceror
so you're talking about completely fucking over all current rp guilds with your system, and instead of doing what they do now with tryouts and such, you are going to allow any player to join their guild? note: their guild. not yours. did you even talk with the gms of the guilds to even see if they would like this system? as it is now, your poll is leaning towards no.

in all honesty, this would change the shard whether you think it would or not. if you want a system like this so bad, why don't you talk to ryan about putting a seperate shard up for roleplayers? duel pit doesn't effect gameplay, this system does. they are not equal.

Icey

Sorceror
Talus said:
Icey stfu already jesus christ wtf are you bitching about anyway. Do you even know? If youre not protecting "1337 PvPers" then who ARE you protecting?

No. It wouldnt change anything, god damn it. The bloodrock clan on OSI were roleplaying a PVP guild for YEARS and no one ever had a problem with them beside the fact that they could hardly understand a full sentance.

Just Stfu. If you reply any further youre just looking for attention and Ill report this as a bad post.
fuck off, piss ant. you are not involved in this conversation.

Icey said:
and to further show your ignorance, you keep falling back on some made up notion that i am trying to protect the LEET PVPERs. forget that, because it isn't true. this is supposed to be a replica of all of the good things that were in uo mixed, thus the name hybrid. i don't recall there ever being a faction like guild system in uo in my 5 years of playing.. do you?

Oh goodness, Icey. Im sorry. I dont think yoo should've said that. Here... ill give you a few seconds to delete it.

*waits*

Ugh... I tried to help you man. Here goes.

A replica of all of the "good things" that were in uo mixed? I played UO on OSI for 5+ years... and I never saw a Duel Pit system and Poker, if thats what your implying. Ive actually never seen a duel system as nice as this one anywhere... and never heard of poker on UO, which leads me to believe that it was created by the master-minds here, on UOG.

Now, Icey. Lets work on our math skills, shall we? Here we go:

3 PvP systems (Factions, O/C and Duel Pit) [IS/IS NOT] = (this means equal to) 0 RP systems

Ok Icey. Erase the circle you drew around IS... that is the incorrect answer.

Mission: Further proving my ignorance. Accomplishment: Affirmative.

Icey said:
fuck off, piss ant. you are not involved in this conversation.

He's not involved in this conversation!? This is the forums. We arent talking in private messaging... he can state his mind if he'd like.

Notice you havent said that to those that agree with you (the few).

And... I may comment to those qho disagree with me... but I use examples and facts... I dont just say fuck off.

Icey

Sorceror
he fucking blatantly insults me without bringing up any informational points. i don't know about you, mr. hypocrite, but i don't call that "involved in the conversation".

so what? if there is poker and duel pits, they don't actively affect combat in real time like your system would. USE WHAT YOU HAVE, and stop begging for this fucking system.

Icey said:
so you're talking about completely fucking over all current rp guilds with your system, and instead of doing what they do now with tryouts and such, you are going to allow any player to join their guild? note: their guild. not yours. did you even talk with the gms of the guilds to even see if they would like this system? as it is now, your poll is leaning towards no.

in all honesty, this would change the shard whether you think it would or not. if you want a system like this so bad, why don't you talk to ryan about putting a seperate shard up for roleplayers? duel pit doesn't effect gameplay, this system does. they are not equal.

Hah... that was a great attempt. Honestly... very good. Now, my response:

These current gould would probably love if this system were established. It adds one look, languages (if possible), names and a RANK structure. I bet they wouldnt mind it. Ill ask them, though. Then again... did they care if O/C liked Factions? Nope.

You mention tryouts. Interesting. These arent PvP guild, as we both know, so I would love to know how extensive the tryouts are. Wearing one of the masks for a full week of playing time with the title of recruit, and open to attacks from the higher ranked clan members seems like tryouts to me. I dont know what else would be required of the player. "Ok... let me hear your best growl. Ah... nope. Next please". Keep in mind, the system is balanced. If a recruit gets attacked by a Initiate for no reason, and I was a warrior or above, i'd just go kill the initate. Its that easy.

(When I think about this, I think about the Marine Corps. If I, being a LCpl, were to punch a Cpl, he and 3 of the other Cpl's I work with would kick the shit out of me and write charge sheets on me. Thats why I dont. You respect the rank.)

Icey

Sorceror
and what is stopping the current guilds from establishing these systems by themselves? seems like you are patronizing them by doubting their roleplaying ability and pushing to have this put into the game. i don't know how they feel but i'd be offended if someone doubted my ability to do something that players throughout the history of this game have done with little or no problems.

Icey said:
he fucking blatantly insults me without bringing up any informational points. i don't know about you, mr. hypocrite, but i don't call that "involved in the conversation".

so what? if there is poker and duel pits, they don't actively affect combat in real time like your system would. USE WHAT YOU HAVE, and stop begging for this fucking system.

HE DIDNT BRING UP ANY INFORMATIONAL POINTS?! WTF! Ok... ok. Let me assist you in the reading portion of todays activity:

Talus said:
No. It wouldnt change anything, god damn it. The bloodrock clan on OSI were roleplaying a PVP guild for YEARS and no one ever had a problem with them beside the fact that they could hardly understand a full sentance.

Not only did he state his opinion about this, which is the point of this thread, but he used a past situation to explain how it would mesh with the UO society.

Thats more information than 15 of your 21 posts.

And... how the fuck does my system affect combat? There are only 2 forms of combat added because of this, and both are situational.

1.) If you are an Orc and you go into the Undead territory. Thats simply by choice for both groups. If your an Orc going into their territory, your looking for a fight. If your an Undead sitting in your territory, you know you may be attacked.

2.) If a higher ranked clan member attacks a lower ranked clan member. This could happen in any guild, including the current RP guilds that you decided to bring into the conversation.

Exactly. Goooodness.

Icey said:
and what is stopping the current guilds from establishing these systems by themselves? seems like you are patronizing them by doubting their roleplaying ability and pushing to have this put into the game. i don't know how they feel but i'd be offended if someone doubted my ability to do something that players throughout the history of this game have done with little or no problems.

Ok... Ok... everyone... Icey is right. Im an idiot I forgot about the GM Mask-Crafters! The masks they craft do all of this... ugh! Im such an idiot! Keep in mind, Icey, you did just say:
Icey said:
and what is stopping the current guilds from establishing these systems by themselves?

This CANNOT be done without a system put into place. Wow.

Icey

Sorceror
you fucking dolt, way to miss the point. THEY DON'T NEED YOUR FUCKING SYSTEM AS I HAVE WITNESSED MYSELF. THEY DO JUST FINE WITH THE CURRENT GUILD SYSTEM AND THEIR OWN WAY OF DOING THINGS. THEY ADVANCE IN RANKS WITH THEIR OWN STYLE. FOR EXAMPLE, AFTER AN ORC HAS COMPLETED THE CRITERIA, THE OTHER HIGHER RANKING ORCS SACRIFICE HIM TO THE BLOODGOD AND RESSURECT HIM HOPING THAT THEY ARE ACCEPTED. YOUR SYSTEM PLACES THESE RITUALS OUT OF THE PICTURE WITH A SYSTEM THAT PLACES RANK SLAVE TO A TIME BASED STRUCTURE. I AM DONE WITH THIS THREAD. FUCK OFF AND GOOD DAY SIR.

Icey said:
you fucking dolt, way to miss the point. THEY DON'T NEED YOUR FUCKING SYSTEM AS I HAVE WITNESSED MYSELF. THEY DO JUST FINE WITH THE CURRENT GUILD SYSTEM AND THEIR OWN WAY OF DOING THINGS. THEY ADVANCE IN RANKS WITH THEIR OWN STYLE. FOR EXAMPLE, AFTER AN ORC HAS COMPLETED THE CRITERIA, THE OTHER HIGHER RANKING ORCS SACRIFICE HIM TO THE BLOODGOD AND RESSURECT HIM HOPING THAT THEY ARE ACCEPTED. YOUR SYSTEM PLACES THESE RITUALS OUT OF THE PICTURE WITH A SYSTEM THAT PLACES RANK SLAVE TO A TIME BASED STRUCTURE. I AM DONE WITH THIS THREAD. FUCK OFF AND GOOD DAY SIR.

From what I remember... Icey isnt with these RP Guilds. Therefore... how would he know how satisfied they are with current systems? But... he did give me another idea. Considering how long it may take to gain ranks in my system, there could be ceremonies within the clans for the progression of rank. Thats something ill think about and post here.

Thank you, Icey.

About rank gaining though time. I know there are situations where players may argue and complain... should that result in a guild master or leader of a clan not promoting that person? No. Regardless if they feel the same or not, he still deserves the rank through his dedication to the clan. Quite similar to your comment about donations, Icey. You claimed that you were a meneber that has donated, and, therefore, you thought you deserved some kind of special treatment. I would think that also suggests you deserve more treatment over someone who hasn't donated. Well... putting that much tine into a clan... I would think... means that player would rate to have a higher status.

As a side note: Notice how your the only one of us thats actually getting mad and calling names? I mean, if I was getting shut down on each response, I would be also. Its ok, man. It will all be ok.

And... please. Be a man of your word and dont respond. If you do... ill probably just continue to hurt your feelings.

And a note about the poll.

The point of a poll is to get a general feeling about a topic. In this case, about my idea. You claimed the poll was in your favor, correct Icey? Well... lets look.

Considering "Yes" and "Maybe" are both options that imply an idea like this or similar to this should be added, it would seem as 16 of 31 voters would like to see this system. This is 1/2 of all votes. If 1/2 of the shard wanted this idea, than shouldnt it be implemented?

Not everyone likes every idea at first... same with factions. But... after seeing the system put into place, I would imagine many more would join.

Icey

Sorceror
getting shut down? you are shutting me down with open ended responses and complete misunderstandings? now you're just talking shit.

who are you to regulate how one gains rank in a guild? exactly. no one.

Icey said:
getting shut down? you are shutting me down with open ended responses and complete misunderstandings? now you're just talking shit.

who are you to regulate how one gains rank in a guild? exactly. no one.

Bah. Im sorry, everyone. I had my hopes up also. Icey decided to respond. Ok. Here we go.

Open ended responses and misunderstandings? Notice how you just make crazy accusations without refrences? Whenever I decide to accuse you of something, i'll throw a quote or two up to explain my position. Very well.

And... no. Me talking shit would be me saying "YOU DOLT! IDIOT!" Sound familiar? I'm just referring to what was previously posted.

And... who am I to decide how one gains rank? Im not. Is anyone? Not really. Not in this game with this setting. As you said, "No one". Exactly. That helps enforce my time rank gain system. No one chooses besides the clan member himself. Its done automatically through the clan members dedication, shown through how much he plays his clan character.

Thanks again, Icey.

Alexzx3

Wanderer
PvP rankings were implemented into this shard because there was never a way to really see how good someone was. There were all kinds of scams that could be pulled (point mules, etc) which rarely showcased the true skill of any and all pvp'ers. That is something that was needed and the only people it affects are those who wish to participate in the dueling rankings.

As for this RP system...

No.

That's my vote, and here's why:

I spent years roleplaying in OSI (Chesapeake and GL) and aside from the dark elves getting the Yew Catacombs to themselves and a few similar situations, no shard-altering system was ever needed for roleplaying guilds to have an effecting "ranking" system. Any and all succesful RP guilds had a mastermind(s) behind it who were actively enforcing their ranking. You wanted to work your way up the ranks of the guild? Fine...go hunting a lot, kill your first dragon single handedly while your superiors watch, roleplay it out instead of "omfg this sucks" and in time, you will be given a new title to showcase your ranking. Each guild had their own way of doing it without the GM's making some "rp mask of ranking" catered to X-guild or Y-military. Make do with what you have and you will the RP guilds that are serious about this will get it done right. All you need is one or two GOOD and ACTIVE guildmasters.

And before anyone says I'm biased...I have no clue who EvilGenius or Icey are...I'm just voicing my own opinion on it.

-S

Icey

Sorceror
no, fucker, again, you misunderstand. i said who are YOU to regulate how people gain rank. YOU are no one. but the gms of the guilds ARE.

Seodun said:
PvP rankings were implemented into this shard because there was never a way to really see how good someone was. There were all kinds of scams that could be pulled (point mules, etc) which rarely showcased the true skill of any and all pvp'ers. That is something that was needed and the only people it affects are those who wish to participate in the dueling rankings.

As for this RP system...

No.

That's my vote, and here's why:

I spent years roleplaying in OSI (Chesapeake and GL) and aside from the dark elves getting the Yew Catacombs to themselves and a few similar situations, no shard-altering system was ever needed for roleplaying guilds to have an effecting "ranking" system. Any and all succesful RP guilds had a mastermind(s) behind it who were actively enforcing their ranking. You wanted to work your way up the ranks of the guild? Fine...go hunting a lot, kill your first dragon single handedly while your superiors watch, roleplay it out instead of "omfg this sucks" and in time, you will be given a new title to showcase your ranking. Each guild had their own way of doing it without the GM's making some "rp mask of ranking" catered to X-guild or Y-military. Make do with what you have and you will the RP guilds that are serious about this will get it done right. All you need is one or two GOOD and ACTIVE guildmasters.

And before anyone says I'm biased...I have no clue who EvilGenius or Icey are...I'm just voicing my own opinion on it.

-S

Interesting response. Thank you for the input.

My response... this system does not *need* to be added, as Factions did not need to be added. I think a lot of players would enjoy this system. Its something additional. One this this system has on anything that a player can do is that it allows any current players to join without making a new character, and it changes all names to be generic clan-based names and all apperances to be similar.

If you also notice the amount of time it would take to become a Elite or Legendary member... what would happen if a RP guild's GM left or decided to stop playing? Things happen in life and players leave... this system would allow one standard to grade everyone else. The guildmaster's opinion was used to evaluate the clan ranks... and now someone else would be able to revamp the system for that guild. This isnt necessarily fair. Also... there is no "GM" or leader of the clans... just players who have been a part of it longer. There experience should be reflected in the decisions and suggestions they make. I think its better to have a 100% consistent system, rather than a system that could be altered in a way that could hurt one of the members.

Also, Seodun, you mentioned a flaw with the point system for the Duel Pits... a flaw like this isnt possible with this system.

Once again... thank you Icey for another complement and more valuable input... a post as equally helpful as Seodun's. *noted*.

An example of a recruit from each clan are currently sitting around Brit Bank. If you have any suggestions, please post.

Also... as rank increases, items should be added to a characters appearance. Another working idea.

To answer an in-game question:

This idea could be made simply with guilds... but much of what makes it as good as it is would be lost. A list of reasons are as follows:

First of all, if a player were interested in joining, and the gm wasnt on, he wouldnt be able to.
If the gm didnt play for a while, players wouldnt be added, they would become uninterested, and the idea could be lost.
Rank would not be able to be calculated through hours/weeks accurately.
Languages (if added) would not be changed.
Not just any player could join... you would need to start a brand new one and coordiate outfits (which means some could just refuse and ruin the concept).
You'd have a gm that decides to add his best buddy, who refused to make a new char. Therefore, youll have "Sir Fucksalot" the Orc.
The radius around the stone couldn't be added... therefore it would take out all possible fighting, excluding war declarations.
The list goes on...

The point is anyone could be involved. If you wanted to war another group, you would force players not interested in warring to war the enemy clans.

Ok... do we get the picture? It shouldnt be too hard to make, and it would be awesome.

crazymanjoe

Wanderer
Icey said:
and to further show your ignorance, you keep falling back on some made up notion that i am trying to protect the LEET PVPERs. forget that, because it isn't true. this is supposed to be a replica of all of the good things that were in uo mixed, thus the name hybrid. i don't recall there ever being a faction like guild system in uo in my 5 years of playing.. do you?

and i dont recall there ever being instant magic arrow damage in my 5 years of playing.. do you? energy bolt had about twice the damage delay on osi as there is on hybrid. the casting system is a major feature in uo. when you think about it, you couldnt spam mini heals to heaven and couldnt disturb your own spells by arming a candle.

i have a suggestion for the shard, get the spell timing/recovery/delays fixed before adding anything else or quit saying this is a hybrid between all the good things in uo. idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.