UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Just a heads up KUOC users...

Perkis

Wanderer
Re: Just a heads up KUOC users...

This whole post and it's replies gave me a sense of respect for Ryan; funny man.

Lament

Knight

Ryan said:
lol whatever.

I'd ban krrios client if 90% of the pvpers wouldnt quit.
More PvPers have already left because of KUOC rather than if it was banned.

It's been the best move for UOG since KUOC was released.

Please think this over, KUOC has no place here... it never did..

:yarly:

double dime

Wanderer

A future release of KUOC/PlayUO without a plug-in's feature would be great, however, Razor would then be the everyone's scapegoat.

double dime said:
A future release of KUOC/PlayUO without a plug-in's feature would be great, however, Razor would then be the everyone's scapegoat.

Ryan adressed that in another thread.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

double dime said:

We would simply require "Negotiate Features with Server" on Razor.

Auto Ban you if you dont.

Who

Wanderer

glad something is being done about plugins, including staff as well. hopefully this will help level out the playing field minus the ganksquads, maybe this will be the last we see of the alias duo?

and as for KUOC, i wouldnt quit if it was banned. granted i like the client but eh, i made through UO 4 years without it.

Patheasy

Sorceror

lol, kuoc makes uo look like a retarded jap game when your running around. Razor is a million times better in every way if your good at hitting buttons and not watching buttons being hit :x

Ryan said:
Big brother is watching.

All I will say is that you might want to:

stop using the god
damned hacked out
gay ass plugins.

I'm a poet.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh burrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnn burrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnn

Zigo-U-

Wanderer

Ryan said:
lol whatever.

I'd ban krrios client if 90% of the pvpers wouldnt quit.

*shrug* i don't run the show so maybe im wrong but I think most the people that would quit because they can't cheat aren't the kind of players willing to give you money anyway. I think that even the guilds who use krrios client to supliment for poor form and skill would adapt and become better players rather then just giving up.

salty

Wanderer

Woot some initive being taking up with this lameness. I mean I have used KUOC and it is a great client, especially for the "Jap running" as quoted earlier. But the plugins = lame. Thank God for Ryan. Long Live Chessy!

Zagar230

Sorceror

Ryan. Couldn't you just put krioss and razor into one? without plug ins. It could be easy as 1,2,3 a,b,c . I mean if people happen to so like krioss for its mecros and smooth play put it with razor. All i gots to say...Thanks. Maybe i can actully faction :(.

Van Dam

Sorceror

i kno that I wouldnt quit and i know about 7 or 8 of my old guildmates that quit because of gay shti would come back.... but anyways woot way 2g0ryan

Hyru-hybrid

Wanderer

Cheating is unavoidable. I don't care what skilled Programmers/Hackers/IT Pros/etc a team has, a workaround for anticheat measures will always be found. Even with the implementation of "punkbuster" or "warden" type solutions, you will always find Soandso cracking away with rootkits and other tools. As each day passes more and more people are learning how to exploit games.

From a business standpoint, one needs to realize the advantages and disadvantages of having cheaters present in your game. If you ban a portion of your customer base, will you gain or lose revenue? Will it cost more money to hire programmers to write anticheat measures than to continue without change? Reading Ryan's original post, we can see that he has considered this. We can also see that Ryan is specifically targeting PlayUO. What Ryan fails to mention is how Razor interfaces directly with the client allowing for people to cheat just as easily, if not easier than PlayUO.

What I am concerned about is when Sallos is released with the new PlayUO (if at all), people will think cheating has been eliminated. In reality, anyone clever enough with the right experience will be able to watch what is going on when the client runs and interacts with the server. Other methods to observe the "behind the scenes" operations are also available, which I will not discuss.

Not that many people know how to write cheats anyways. It is the people who mass distribute them and those who use them that cause problems. Active monitoring by ALL players is encouraged to combat wide spread cheating. If you think something is fishy, page a staff member so they can observe the accused. Excessive, ongoing cheating does hurt the community and can potentially have adverse effects on the shard's player base.

Yours,
Hyru

Zigo-U-

Wanderer

Hyru-hybrid said:
Cheating is unavoidable. I don't care what skilled Programmers/Hackers/IT Pros/etc a team has, a workaround for anticheat measures will always be found. Even with the implementation of "punkbuster" or "warden" type solutions, you will always find Soandso cracking away with rootkits and other tools. As each day passes more and more people are learning how to exploit games.

From a business standpoint, one needs to realize the advantages and disadvantages of having cheaters present in your game. If you ban a portion of your customer base, will you gain or lose revenue? Will it cost more money to hire programmers to write anticheat measures than to continue without change? Reading Ryan's original post, we can see that he has considered this. We can also see that Ryan is specifically targeting PlayUO. What Ryan fails to mention is how Razor interfaces directly with the client allowing for people to cheat just as easily, if not easier than PlayUO.

What I am concerned about is when Sallos is released with the new PlayUO (if at all), people will think cheating has been eliminated. In reality, anyone clever enough with the right experience will be able to watch what is going on when the client runs and interacts with the server. Other methods to observe the "behind the scenes" operations are also available, which I will not discuss.

Not that many people know how to write cheats anyways. It is the people who mass distribute them and those who use them that cause problems. Active monitoring by ALL players is encouraged to combat wide spread cheating. If you think something is fishy, page a staff member so they can observe the accused. Excessive, ongoing cheating does hurt the community and can potentially have adverse effects on the shard's player base.

Yours,
Hyru

*clap clap clap clap* He is right, but banning KUOC is the first step to a long journey and should be done.

defcab

Wanderer

^Naw, KUOC by itself (without the external plugins) is as just as reasonable and legitimate as Razor. So I think it would be pointless and unreasonable to ban the whole client!

But yeah, I think this is a good move. Props to Ryan.

Just curious, has RunUO ever had any code it in that was specifically developed for detecting cheats and artifical/automated packets and stuff like that?

Proprietor

Wanderer

Zigo-U- said:
*clap clap clap clap* He is right, but banning KUOC is the first step to a long journey and should be done.
Banning KUOC will not do any good, you can fake packets, as well as write your own client. If you can modify the core of KUOC you can make some very cool modifications. Plus, Razor plays for you, let's all go back to UO Gateway or stfu.