UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Mind Blast- Solution!

krazybone

Wanderer
Mind Blast- Solution!

As many of you now know MB has been implemented almost as it was back in renaisance in osi. However i believe the way this was implemented was a mistake. It not only is going to be overused now just like on osi where it was mb mb mb mb dead, but it is destroying two main character templates and forcing us to conform to hybrid type characters. Now those of you who have a stun mage, or a dexer mage werent affected by MB but greatly helped. However mages such as scribe mages or pure dexers are completely fucked. No point for them to throw stat points into dex so they have to waste some much needed points on dex instead of in a stat that they can actually use. HOWEVER THERE IS A SOLUTION FOR US ALL.

The way to achieve this and not to make MB useless again and keep everyone happy is simple. MB at the moment with a curse or two can do up to or MORE then a flame strike can. Being able to caste this in less then the time it takes to e bolt and using a shitload less mana can fuck someone over wihtout the use of ANY other spell. However to make it still affected and still give people with so called "unbalanced stats" an advantage I sudgest that we limit the max damage that MB can do. Have its max damage be something in the range of an E bolt, maybe a lil more. Therefor it will still do massive damage on the scale of an e bolt with less mana to caste it and less casting time, without being so overpowering that its almost rediculouse.

Just a sudgestion and I happen to think it could fix the problem absolutely. I dont think we want to repeat the mistakes that osi had done in the past.

As i believe zippy said when he was implementing it. " we dont want to make it like back on osi where someone could just MB MB MB MB MB and kill someone. But i believe that you guys have.

Who

Wanderer
This is kind of a touchy issue. This does affect the play field quite and bit and in a negative way more or less. Dont think ive actually seen mindblast in action a whole lot, but with mages having unbalanced stats im guessing it hurts quite a bit. In a way people should adapt to the changes that are made, but if its doing the damage you say its doing then it may need to be tweaked damage or mana wise. People should not be forced to change their whole templete around though especially when their playstyle fits it.

Roman how about you be a bit more contructive next time. When someone propses an idea they usually want some people to contribute to what they are doing wether it be constructive or criticism, not just being a 10yr old little kid and flaming them.

teh ownager

Wanderer
everybody is missing the main point. the mindblast patch was originally implemented in osi because of the stat cap increases. now even though the stat cap is still 225, somebody can still have 125 str, or 125 dex, or 125 mana. now, without the mindblast patch, who has the unfair advantage? those said people with 125 stat. ever been killed by axer or macer in 2 hits? or with a tribal spear hit so fast you couldnt even heal? or somebody cast exp ebolt ebolt ebolt ebolt ebolt? THAT is why mb fix was implemented. nobody is MAKING anybody become a hybrid. my thief has 124 dex and 0 resist! 2 mb = dead. but you know what! i have HIDING. there are ways around everything. it just takes a little bit of thought and ingenuity. and i know mages seem to be unbalanced as it is, but there ARE ways around it. i.e. FIX UR STATS for one. OR anybody remember those special fishies? those CAN be used in pvp. there are tons of things you can do. fuck use a bola for all ic are.

your not forced to change your temp or balance your stats. you just will die if you dont get balanced stats or dont know how to heal right

fonis

Knight
"omg my 125 mana nox mage with Harm dont pwn nemore, wtf"

"omg my 125 dex whore with a tribal dont get to whiff as much nemore.. wtf"

krazybone

Wanderer
Very ignorant sir

teh ownager said:
everybody is missing the main point. the mindblast patch was originally implemented in osi because of the stat cap increases. now even though the stat cap is still 225, somebody can still have 125 str, or 125 dex, or 125 mana. now, without the mindblast patch, who has the unfair advantage? those said people with 125 stat. ever been killed by axer or macer in 2 hits? or with a tribal spear hit so fast you couldnt even heal? or somebody cast exp ebolt ebolt ebolt ebolt ebolt? THAT is why mb fix was implemented. nobody is MAKING anybody become a hybrid. my thief has 124 dex and 0 resist! 2 mb = dead. but you know what! i have HIDING. there are ways around everything. it just takes a little bit of thought and ingenuity. and i know mages seem to be unbalanced as it is, but there ARE ways around it. i.e. FIX UR STATS for one. OR anybody remember those special fishies? those CAN be used in pvp. there are tons of things you can do. fuck use a bola for all ic are.

I dont wana be rude but your entire post is entirely wrong and has no factual base. First of all the mindblast patch was not implemented because ofincrease in stats sir. That shit happened OOOO lets say 2 maybe 3 years perhaps after the first mindblast patch to make it super powerful. Sir because the patch was made in renaisance somewhere and umm they didnt change the stats to go over a hundred until i was definately long gone from UO. You definately must be a player that started during trammel and or aos. As for your justification of mb being reasonable, you have yet to say anything incitefull or intelligent about it. I know you are giving your opinion but your "FIX UR STATS" arguement is retarded you are missing the whole issue and have no real in depth knowlege of the pvp system. Sorry its just how i feel.

krazybone

Wanderer
? ? ?

I looked at the post a lil more and the only intelligent answer that wasnt a rude remark born of ignorance is Vlanes. The rest of you are for lack of better words most likely children that dont grasp the concept yet or are too hard headed to want to since you only play perhaps a balanced stat char. Ok Yes you can go to 120 in a stat, but it is a choice and is not that great of an advantage anyhow. WOW i have what one more e bolt possible then you other guys cause i have that stat. But a person who has a stun mage or a dexer mage NEEDS dex. Therefor he has no problem putting dex points into his character. This character will most likely not be affected by mb. NOT cause he made him for that, BUT BECAUSE HIS SKILLS REQUIRE IT. However people that use skills htat dont require dex, SUCH as a regular mage are for lack of better words getting the fuckign shaft. Think about it, why would i make a template of a regulare mage if mb will fuck me if i dont waste preciouse stat points on dex too. Therefore everyone will make either hybrid dexer mages that use dex, or stun mages that use dex. The same goes for dexers. ALL you will see are dexers with magery running around now, which are basically hybrid dexers. Its forcing two of the basic and most well known templates since the beginning of uo out of existance. That is unless you wana get fucked and have a dissadvantage to everyone with those hybrid skillls or stun skills out there.

Now I know my words are kinda jumbled together and it may not make full sense. But sit back go over the first arguement in your head. Put together a scenario of what would happen if you made each template and understand the damage ratio that is involved and come to a sensible intelligent fucking response rather then some bs that you just threw out cause your some faggot with a hybrid mage that loves the new mb shit and doesnt even give it intelligent thought before he puts down that its fine.

Obe[IC]

Wanderer
The mindblast patch was brought in for exactly the reason ownager stated. In UO:R you had the ability to go beyond the 100 Cap in a statistic.
This was also meant to be a counter balance for 10 Dex "Power dumpers" and 10 Int "dex monkies".
Carry Stat based pots to fill the void if you're still trying to be a "power player". There is a damage cap for the equation. Besides which on top of that, Mindblast casts slower than GHeal.

If you're trying to petition for Mindblast to be removed. Why don't we all go and petition for Stun to be removed? Alchemy to be removed? Perhaps a damage cap on weapons (108hp Crushing Blows are a much higher problem than mindblast). The mindblast patch was part of UO:R, just like the rest of these things. If you're that against it. Theres always the Pre:UO-R shards to play.

Monoxide

Sorceror
If I'm able to swing fast enough to increase my average damage per second and apply bandages faster, or I'm able to cast more spells to have greater flexibility why shouldn't I have a weakness? With greater offensive power comes greater defensive weakness.

krazybone

Wanderer
Obe[IC] said:
The mindblast patch was brought in for exactly the reason ownager stated. In UO:R you had the ability to go beyond the 100 Cap in a statistic.
This was also meant to be a counter balance for 10 Dex "Power dumpers" and 10 Int "dex monkies".
Carry Stat based pots to fill the void if you're still trying to be a "power player". There is a damage cap for the equation. Besides which on top of that, Mindblast casts slower than GHeal.

If you're trying to petition for Mindblast to be removed. Why don't we all go and petition for Stun to be removed? Alchemy to be removed? Perhaps a damage cap on weapons (108hp Crushing Blows are a much higher problem than mindblast). The mindblast patch was part of UO:R, just like the rest of these things. If you're that against it. Theres always the Pre:UO-R shards to play.

ANOTHER ignorant fuck is all i can say. Dude if it did happen during REN then it was WAYYYYYYYYYYYY THE FUCKING HELL after i left ren. That would mean it was way at the fucking end of renaisance. I dont konw exactly cause umm i stopped playing when they started to ruin UO. You my friend are one dumb mother fucker though. MB does TOOOOO MUCH DAMAGE throw in a curse and wala U CAN DO FS DAMAGE WITH IT. and moron it caste slower then greater heal by about a second or less. good luck healing through it moron when it does umm more damage then a greater fucking heal can heal and u are being poisoned while they are casting it. GO out and fucking pvp to get an actual view on the subject before you say anything agian please. EVEN WITH fucking capped skills at a hundred MB DOES EXTREEM DAMAGE to a pure mage or pure dexer, especially when you are feeble minded if your a dexer or get clumbsy casted on you if your a mage.

no, it casts slower than gheal. balance your fuckin stats. i have 84 101 40 and i do fine vs mb BUT OMG I DONT HAVE 120 INT HOW AM I GONNA WIN?!?!?

and i dont get how you couldnt heal from MB...mb is slower than gheal and if its being dumped on you then your opponent has the delay in between spells....if your poisoned use a pot if not then die

krazybone

Wanderer
Monoxide said:
If I'm able to swing fast enough to increase my average damage per second and apply bandages faster, or I'm able to cast more spells to have greater flexibility why shouldn't I have a weakness? With greater offensive power comes greater defensive weakness.

SWEET god do you morons really read the post or just skim and talk about ur bullshit to make you look cool. I think MB should be implemented to some degree, BUT NOT as massive damage as its doing in so short a time for soo little an ammount of mana. Plus dumbass having greater int doesnt mean your gettin more power, it means you chose skills that complement your stats. Such as a fucking stun mage would choose dex to complement his stun skill. It just soo happens that after this patch, Guess which template just got fucked. It was EVEN BEFORE. the inscript mage got another e bolt to throw, and the stun mage was able to stun the inscript mage and take down his reflect or kill him wihtout him being able to move. Now you just made it so everyone will go hybrid dexer or stun mage so they arent fucked in the field.

krazybone

Wanderer
Larson said:
no, it casts slower than gheal. balance your fuckin stats. i have 84 101 40 and i do fine vs mb BUT OMG I DONT HAVE 120 INT HOW AM I GONNA WIN?!?!?

and i dont get how you couldnt heal from MB...mb is slower than gheal and if its being dumped on you then your opponent has the delay in between spells....if your poisoned use a pot if not then die

If this is the same larson from REBIRTH i should kick your fucking ass bro.
You apparantly have NO incite into pvp what so ever. What are your skills larson! IM SURE you have something that uses that dex DONT YOU. Tell me your skills larson.

hi,
no im not from rebirth.
your a fuckin moron and its people like who get others banned from this forum. your so fucking stupid and you just run your mouth cause you cant fuckin live so OMFG NERF IT. im a healer / stun mage, and i used to be stun / poison
my stats right now are 101 int 40 dex 84 str but i used to be 88 str 111 int and the rest tossed into dex

sure i had to change my stats cause of the patch and now i take about 10-20 damage from Mb and i can heal it just fine.

and hey dipshit - i wasnt saying that more mana = mroe damage. i was saying that more mana = more mana to dump means more spells to cast on your opponent so newbies like you can ebolt poison and chain that and stun in the middle. since you cant have high int anymore and low dex or you take MB damage, you cant do this.

oh and how are you gonna kick my ass? verbally assault me over the internet? btw who are you in game?

Obe[IC]

Wanderer
SiN, try reading the forum rules. Quit aggravating everyone with your "non-chalaunt" flame attempts.

You were given facts. MB was put in for a counter balance. End of story.

Balance your stats.

krazybone

Wanderer
Obe[IC] said:
SiN, try reading the forum rules. Quit aggravating everyone with your You were given facts. MB was put in for a counter balance. End of story.

Balance your stats.

I dont need some retard like you trying to be a hard ass through posts. It apparantly has a problem. "non-chalaunt" flame attempts" wow i bet that took you a whole hour to think up sir. Ok im done with trying to explain this. I guess its just too complicated of a topic for you guys.

your an idiot. end of story. your not "giving up on trying to explain this to us because its too complicated", your just giving up because you know all the poitns we made are valid and the reason that mind blast was put in. all in all, mind blast was put in to keep morons with 120 int from power dumping and chain ebolt / poison. if you cant deal with having 100 int and higher dex, then have your stats how you want them, challenge people to duels and have the rules make it so mindblast cant be used. otherwise learn to live better cause you apparently suck at it

krazybone

Wanderer
Larson said:
your an idiot. end of story. your not "giving up on trying to explain this to us because its too complicated", your just giving up because you know all the poitns we made are valid and the reason that mind blast was put in. all in all, mind blast was put in to keep morons with 120 int from power dumping and chain ebolt / poison. if you cant deal with having 100 int and higher dex, then have your stats how you want them, challenge people to duels and have the rules make it so mindblast cant be used. otherwise learn to live better cause you apparently suck at it

Cry me a river fa*&^. If you actually red the post at the beginning rather then trying to be a f*%)ing hard ass over the internet, then maybe you would understand it is not my goal to make mind blast obsolete again. I said it is overpowering and it needs to have a max damage. Right now it completely kills the templates involving no dex or no int. And dumbass, i would have to make a hybrid dexer or a stun mage to really get the most outa puting dex into a mage character or puting int into a warrior. Im done explaining it because dumbasses like you apparantly cant grasp the concept OR read the damn post in the first place. Learn how the template system works then get back to me.

Remember!........ EVERYONE starts with the same amount of stat points. IT is the skills you CHOOSE to have that decides where you need to place those stat points relative to which ones you pick. All mb did was make it so no one will want to pick a template thta doesnt involve a dex skill and an int skill. This makes the amount of templates decrease. Mb does not need to be put the way it was before, But yes a max damage should be put in place. Therefore it is still super effective against people who choose to pick the non mixed stats but doesnt make it redicuously overpowering.