UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Duel Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaznox

Wanderer
Re: New Duel Rules.

Ehh... yea the problem is that only blues would be able to watch which leaves out the 100's of factioners that duel 24/7. Blah, just trying to come up with ideas.

Advent

Wanderer

gaznox;1562610 said:
I believe the reasoning was what Zippy stated in 2.

I just think it might really hurt dueling. He did say it was only a test, so we will find out soon enough.

The only way this change could hurt dueling is if you guys don't come up with a new spot to send/accept duel requests. That doesn't take that much effort. If anything, this change is helping duelers because now reds and factioners can enter duel pits without fear of getting jumped the second they get out. All of the pits have 0 risk of dueling in for fear of getting attacked post duel, so you don't need to mess with the arena preferences to be safe... the only downside of this is that you can't just hang out in the duel pits and ask for duels, but in reality, you could do that anywhere.

gaznox

Wanderer

Advent;1562618 said:
The only way this change could hurt dueling is if you guys don't come up with a new spot to send/accept duel requests. That doesn't take that much effort. If anything, this change is helping duelers because now reds and factioners can enter duel pits without fear of getting jumped the second they get out. All of the pits have 0 risk of dueling in for fear of getting attacked post duel, so you don't need to mess with the arena preferences to be safe... the only downside of this is that you can't just hang out in the duel pits and ask for duels, but in reality, you could do that anywhere.

Thats true, however, what I see that will hurt dueling is the fact that there is no longer an area where factioners arn't at war with each other. Its true that when we have a location to look for duels things will get better, but that doesn't change the fact that people at war will always be checking that location to jump enemies rather than duel.

Advent

Wanderer

gaznox;1562620 said:
Thats true, however, what I see that will hurt dueling is the fact that there is no longer an area where factioners arn't at war with each other. Its true that when we have a location to look for duels things will get better, but that doesn't change the fact that people at war will always be checking that location to jump enemies rather than duel.

Factioners are supposed to be field fighters anyways, if they really want to be duelers that badly, they can make a character to duel with. You don't join factions thinking "Man, I can't wait to find some good duels in the pits!" do you?

gaznox

Wanderer

I guess your right, its just that a lot of the people in factions use there faction characters to duel with. I just don't know how many people are going to be inclined to create a dueling specific character. I understand all the points people are making and gotta love the shard for the stance on trammie shit. I just don't think it is improving dueling rather is making it more of a hassle.

Zippy

Razor Creator

So people joined the 24/7 PvP portion of the game and now they are sad because they have to be ready to PvP 24/7? Shouldn't it be obvious? The whole point of factions is that the only way to "escape" PvP is to log out. Duel Safezones were hurting that idea by making little trammels for factioners to go to insted of facing up to the fact of faction life. Its a "put up or shut up" situation... Either be in factions and take the PvP like a man--always ready to fight--to be a little girl and don't be in factions at all. There is no middle anymore.

Are you in, or are you out?

Advent

Wanderer

gaznox;1562638 said:
I guess your right, its just that a lot of the people in factions use there faction characters to duel with. I just don't know how many people are going to be inclined to create a dueling specific character. I understand all the points people are making and gotta love the shard for the stance on trammie shit. I just don't think it is improving dueling rather is making it more of a hassle.

They can only have 1 faction character per account. I think that if they are inclined to make more than 1 pvp character on a given account, they don't have much of a choice but to make a character that will be fully capable of going to an area sitting around for duels without getting attacked. That is, of course unless they put them in order/chaos guilds, but even still - the objective of those guilds is not to duel.

I think the scenario where factioners and reds and O/C players will be using the pits is an episode following a lot of trash talk, but at least this keeps it clean as opposed to one of them calling in a bunch of buddies to take a cheap shot at an un-mounted dueler just ejected from the pits.

Tribal

Lord

if your a red factions are you a uber man?

edit...

and is it me or did zippy just call wkd girls

I'm just glad safezones and trammel got fixed/adjusted before all the other things we could use a "test" on.

And for people who are seriously pissed? Why doesn't someone get an 18x18 and make their own 3 level dueling arena. You can hang out and duel inside with a select few people moderating making sure no fights happen outside the place or they get booted.

And to the argument "Oh the griefers!?" Ban them, and since there'll already be 3,w4354863,86,553486389597,0930 pvpers there, omg, new hotspot.

Bring back the field duel.

awbs

Knight

Sweet! This is what I was hoping for, at least, close enough.

Now, lets all go out on the field and fight.

gaznox

Wanderer

You know what would solve the problem but be a major pain in the ass to program. A system where you can post a duel and anyone from anywhere could accept. You wouldn't need to meet somewhere to fight, you could basically message a duel to someone.

That would promote field (no safezone) and dueling.

Duel Pits should be a place people can come chill and spectate duels especially for the new players wanting to learn to duel, now none of that can happen without them having to worry about dying. I think we should have made a poll first to mold it to how the players would enjoy it mostly.

Like stated before, I think there should be a timer that would kick you out of the pits if you are idle for a certain amount of time, this will prevent people from going AFK in the pits without taking away everyone elses fun.

Tribal

Lord

Heavy Smoker;1562664 said:
Duel Pits should be a place people can come chill and spectate duels especially for the new players wanting to learn to duel, now none of that can happen without them having to worry about dying. I think we should have made a poll first to mold it to how the players would enjoy it mostly.

yea good point

u should just make a uo school

Status
Not open for further replies.