UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 75 - 5/13/07

Gaiden

Wanderer
Re: Publish 75 - 5/13/07

Clandest;1422262 said:
what a matter with my English btw instead of crying here go go clean up your accounts house :p Muhahahahahahaha

Hey nooble go read a comic book or something.

Gaiden

Wanderer

CapLoD;1422270 said:
anyway now that the pinata has broken and Clandest is occupied.

don't sweat it so much guys. the admins are after house farmers... people with 10+ houses on an IP

Gaid, I always will have your back. if you need someone to refresh your accts and houses I'll do it daily. BEFORE i get into my nightly drunk.
LOL I know bro I'm just playing forum wars atm while the server is down. "I Must Consider My Sins" that's 4 murder counts in less than 10 min.

shader

Sorceror

Two weeks isn't excessively low, on OSI servers in the late 90s it was even shorter. I was once selling a large tower on Ebay for $700 and it decayed before my 7 day auction even ended because the server had a timewarp after I refreshed my house, therefore it didn't get refreshed....and you guys think you have something to complain about?!?!?!

14 days and a slight crackdown on house farming will help alleviate the severe hyper-inflation that plagues the shard at this time. It isn't a fix-all, but it will definately help.

As for reds not being able to shop or bank, I was infuriated for about ten seconds since I only play reds, but then I stopped to think about it for a second; it isn't such a bad idea. Reds didn't used to be allowed in guarded towns at all period, couldn't even chase blues inside that were grey to you for attacking you. Rather than revert back to this, a compromise was made. Also, this will help create more traffic in towns such as Buc's Den and Occlo, which is altogether a good thing.

shader;1422286 said:
Two weeks isn't excessively low, on OSI servers in the late 90s it was even shorter. I was once selling a large tower on Ebay for $700 and it decayed before my 7 day auction even ended because the server had a timewarp after I refreshed my house, therefore it didn't get refreshed....and you guys think you have something to complain about?!?!?!

14 days and a slight crackdown on house farming will help alleviate the severe hyper-inflation that plagues the shard at this time. It isn't a fix-all, but it will definately help.

As for reds not being able to shop or bank, I was infuriated for about ten seconds since I only play reds, but then I stopped to think about it for a second; it isn't such a bad idea. Reds didn't used to be allowed in guarded towns at all period, couldn't even chase blues inside that were grey to you for attacking you. Rather than revert back to this, a compromise was made. Also, this will help create more traffic in towns such as Buc's Den and Occlo, which is altogether a good thing.

True that. Nice post.

Clandest

Wanderer

Gaiden;1422273 said:
Hey nooble go read a comic book or something.

Ok i need friends around here ill refresh your houses, np if you sell me one not to expensive :)
and i dont like comics so tell me what else i can read thx

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

You're actually very lucky... I wanted to make it 10 days for decay. The MAJORITY of players dont go on vacations over 7 days and frankly when I played UO house decay was 7 days. I lost a lot of houses in those days and it made them MORE important. As for the refreshing matter... it's simple.... find someone you trust. Don't give them your account info but let them refresh the house.

Flipper

Knight

Ryan;1422335 said:
You're actually very lucky... I wanted to make it 10 days for decay. The MAJORITY of players dont go on vacations over 7 days and frankly when I played UO house decay was 7 days. I lost a lot of houses in those days and it made them MORE important. As for the refreshing matter... it's simple.... find someone you trust. Don't give them your account info but let them refresh the house.

Agreed. The less time there is for a house to decay, the better. It's not hard to friend someone. Offer to let them use some stuff while you're away (make them a friends only container) if you can't find someone to do it for free.

In fact, if anyone is seriously concerned that their vacation will cause their house to fall and they don't have anyone to refresh it, I'll gladly do it myself...

jakeup840

Wanderer

Nice changes but how would the idocs timers from some what to fairly fairly to great and great to idoc change?

P.S. Change the fact that loot blocks placement of a house...its weak.

aeSentinel

Wanderer

Ryan;1422335 said:
You should have made it 10 days. Less time = more IDOCs = more houses for people who actually use them.

+1 for the new publish, guys. Now I feel like I actually have a chance at getting a house without having to pay four times what its worth. :D

saul

Wanderer

as i am a travelling nurse it's not always possible to refresh my houses every week... or even every two or three weeks. finding someone you trust on UOG is hardly "simple" as you say. i already have a hard time finding people to refresh my houses for me during my downtimes.

also, what do my roommates and i need to provide to ensure all our houses aren't deleted since we share the same cable modem? are our accounts on the same IP or is it per computer or what? i'm not internet savy.

i really like the changes for reds though

Jayooo

Wanderer

Ryan;1422335 said:

RYAN, am i special enough for a pm?

i just wanna know who you were on pk-hq back in the days, even tho i hear you didnt post to often, never know, just curious

MarcusO

Sorceror

Here's a new (and probably unpopular idea) idea for easily sorting out house ownership in light of hard-to-track IP addys. Again, this is only an idea to nail the abusers...and it does screw folks who ask friends to refresh so maybe Ryan will see it as a non-starter. I don't see any other way around tying IPs to houses with friends refreshing.

Make the following changes:

1) Only the house Owners shall be able to refresh the house. Don't allow friends of the house to refresh it. This forces the owner (or co-owner) to log into that char on the account that owns the house and click on the sign using his *current* IP addy.

2) Log the IP and Account and House ID each time a house is refreshed.

Wait a month to allow two full refresh cycles, then do the following:

A) Sort by IP, and flag the IPs (as owners) refreshing more than four houses. Now it's fool-proof that one IP has more than 4 accounts and more than 4 houses. Hybrid can enforce account limits and housing at the same time.

B) Sort by House ID, and flag the Accounts/Owners who are changing IPs to get around the system (Dial-ups and DHCP Modems). Typically part of the IP address will be constant, making these folks easily identifiable. In addition, over time they will use the same IP to refresh more than one house and the logs will nail them.

Just to be fair, before simply decaying a house or removing an account, an email should be sent to the account addy informing them that their house is marked for demolition (or the account marked for deletion) so as to give them time to save their stuff or appeal. For abusers, and I'm sure there's a few, more stringent action can be taken. It would also be great to have a House Admin who's the single POC for coordinating this.

Okay...folks with more than 4 accounts and 4 houses can flame me now. Hopefully folks without a house will give me props.

MarcusO

Sorceror

Zippy;1422096 said:
You're 22 and you manage a home for foster kids in PA?

ROFLMAO! Busted!

I was about to reply that the foster kids shouldn't mind sharing ONE house on UOG :)

creap

Sorceror

MarcusO;1422459 said:
ROFLMAO! Busted!

I was about to reply that the foster kids shouldn't mind sharing ONE house on UOG :)

OOOOooo....got em...thats so mean and yet so funny.

Ryan;1421993 said:
We will be applying Publish 75 to the server this morning at approximately 1:00 AM EST (GMT -5).
  • Various server side optimizations for performance.
  • Various patches for the improvement of the new PlayUO client.
  • Murderers will no longer be able to purchase items from vendors in guarded towns.
  • Murderers will no longer be able to use banks in guarded towns.
  • Starting Sunday May 13th, we will begin speeding up house decay to 14 days from the current decay period of 24 days. This process will run over time and complete on June 1st.
  • Additionally beginning on June 1st we will be enforcing 4 houses per IP address. Anyone found owning more than 4 houses will have them randomly deleted down to the limit. If you currently own more than 4 houses you would be wise to dispose of them or give them to a new player during this grace period to avoid losing them.
As we do with any publish we will be watching this publish very closely to ensure there are no adverse effects. In the event you find any issues with this publish please feel free to page in game and let us know.

We appreciate your continued support of UO Gamers.

Thanks,
Ryan

Tits, I think summer activity is going to pick WAY up from these, awesome!