UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos: The UNBIASED Poll

Should those who can run sallos be allowed to use it on Hybrid?

• Yes

Votes: 100 50.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 33.2%
  • With some removed features

Votes: 33 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sallos: The UNBIASED Poll

Suil Ban;2028040 said:
the banksitters abstained

lol

suil can we get a more technical update on this i.e. whether you guys have isolated the problem and what's being done? i'm just curious

the horse men.[tHm];2028038 said:
147-84= spread of 63

37-21= spread of 16

I think you've got some catching up to do.

if you're going to look at it that way, then how about this: 1.76x the number of people who voted no voted yes in this thread vs. 1.75x the people who voted yes voted no in heavy's thread. give it more time, and if the trend continues, you've got completely opposite results, and at the very least nullifying any indication from the previous poll.

Mara

Knight

The question isn't all that straight forward, because it's not really relevant to whether Sallos should be removed or adjusted. A similar question like, "Should those who cannot run sallos be forced to run sallos to compete?", could also be asked. The way I figure it, options b and c in Heavy's poll are the same answer, No and Hell No. It still has a margin of about 40 people or so that want Sallos removed.

I am inclined to think that if the shard admins made a mandatory poll for everyone on the shard, the results would be in favor of 'razor only' by a factor of at least 3 to 1. Most likely because PlayUO is not a good stand-alone client that everyone and every template can use to play the game. Even something as simple as a memory leak makes the client unfit to be an exclusive client. I would like all PVP differences addressed so that there is absolutely no PVP benefit to either client over the other, or get rid of one ASAP.

Mara;2028100 said:
The question isn't all that straight forward, because it's not really relevant to whether Sallos should be removed or adjusted. A similar question like, "Should those who cannot run sallos be forced to run sallos to compete?", could also be asked. The way I figure it, options b and c in Heavy's poll are the same answer, No and Hell No. It still has a margin of about 40 people or so that want Sallos removed.

I am inclined to think that if the shard admins made a mandatory poll for everyone on the shard, the results would be in favor of 'razor only' by a factor of at least 3 to 1. Most likely because PlayUO is not a good stand-alone client that everyone and every template can use to play the game. Even something as simple as a memory leak makes the client unfit to be an exclusive client. I would like all PVP differences addressed so that there is absolutely no PVP benefit to either client over the other, or get rid of one ASAP.

i am willing to bet that you are 100% wrong about this. i know plenty of people that aren't even logging on until sallos is coming back up.

the question is straight forward and unbiased.

Doctor Jones;2028105 said:
i am willing to bet that you are 100% wrong about this. i know plenty of people that aren't even logging on until sallos is coming back up.

bah wrong quote... Go to Mara's for a good summary.

Is this not proving that people have become dependent of sallos? If you guys are unable to play because you"re lacking a client , then that is just pathetic...

the horse men.[tHm];2028111 said:
Is this not proving that people have become dependent of sallos? If you guys are unable to play because you"re lacking a client , then that is just pathetic...

that still won't change the fact that these people won't play now, will it? i seriously doubt anyone would care you think that's pathetic. they will probably just move on to another game without a second thought.

on that note, this is the only argument i seem to see from you 'exclusive-razor' advocates. most of you fail to realize that it is irrelevant.

Mara

Knight

It does not seem all that biased. But it also is not directly relevant to what you are getting at. What percentage of the shard uses Sallos exclusively (no razor at all). What percentage uses Razor exclusively? Do discrepencies exist that actually cause problems for the shard? If we can't have both, because we are not able/willing to fix them, which one would you like to keep? These are the sort of things I would hope the admins would ask in a mandatory poll for all players.

The result would likely be in favor of a 'razor only' option, because that is what the majority of all players currently use to play the game. Sallos is used mainly for PVP benefits by a portion of the playerbase. As great as it may be in some respects, it's existence causes considerable problems in creating an environment with fair play. Just what I feel about it anyway.

Doctor Jones;2028118 said:
that still won't change the fact that these people won't play now, will it? i seriously doubt anyone would care you think that's pathetic. they will probably just move on to another game without a second thought.

on that note, this is the only argument i seem to see from you 'exclusive-razor' advocates. most of you fail to realize that it is irrelevant.

It's nobody's fault but the players themselves if they don't want to play without a certain client. It's like going to a bowling ally and not bowling because you couldn't get the pair of rental shoes you wanted... Is this not childish? Is it truly not pathetic?

All of us "razor advocates" have merely expressed what we felt on the subject... Which it all boils down to one thing, and that is the balancing of clients for everyone on the shard.

"On that note"- What do you think would happen if razor was removed. Would you be happy to see your fellow sallos "advocates" while the other 2/3 of the shard left? By all means if you'd rather sit there with nothing but your thumb up your ass then that's cool enjoy.

Shirrazz

Sorceror

the horse men.[tHm];2028111 said:

Maybe they dont have razor setup and it would take hours to set it up and they just dont feel like spending the time to fix it. If razor went down(not sure if its possible) their would be a lot more people who wouldn't play since they are dependent on that to play hybrid.

jessen13

Sorceror

Shirrazz;2028134 said:
Maybe they dont have razor setup and it would take hours to set it up and they just dont feel like spending the time to fix it. If razor went down(not sure if its possible) their would be a lot more people who wouldn't play since they are dependent on that to play hybrid.

I can get razor setup with all my macros/uo macros in under 10 mins.
Nothing wrong with people being dependent on the program designed for free uo servers. People became dependent on Sallos because they realized it gave them an advantage during pvp.

Shirrazz

Sorceror

Reign Flame;2028136 said:
Mara has a good point. I know all those who PVP with Sallos trained those characters with Razor. If it came down to it and only one would be allowed, everyone would choose Razor because it's not specific to what it assists. It assists everything. Sallos just assists PVP a little bit more (better?) and only.

Well thats also because you literally cant do any type of crafting or buying anything with sallos at all. Then pvm is a real pain to do especially since sallos was designed with just the intention of pvping with it and nothing else.

Shirrazz

Sorceror

jessen13;2028135 said:
I can get razor setup with all my macros/uo macros in under 10 mins.
Nothing wrong with people being dependent on the program designed for free uo servers. People became dependent on Sallos because they realized it gave them an advantage during pvp.

Sallos is designed for free uo servers its just right now its in beta so their is only one of them you can use them on. I believe the old sallos you could play it on any server. Also I know a lot of people who play sallos who are just as good with razor. I played a little and I didn't even know my hotkeys well and I won a 1v3. You can but it would probably take me hour+ if I had just a blank or very basic commands in razor to setup my macros/hotkeys.

Mara;2028122 said:
It does not seem all that biased. But it also is not directly relevant to what you are getting at. What percentage of the shard uses Sallos exclusively (no razor at all). What percentage uses Razor exclusively?

i just don't see what you're trying to get at.

the horse men.[tHm];2028132 said:
It's nobody's fault but the players themselves if they don't want to play without a certain client. It's like going to a bowling ally and not bowling because you couldn't get the pair of rental shoes you wanted... Is this not childish? Is it truly not pathetic?

childish? games are a past time people usually do on their own. if they don't like a game then they won't play it. it's that simple. it's not a reflection on their personality. keep that in mind.

the horse men.[tHm];2028132 said:
"On that note"- What do you think would happen if razor was removed. Would you be happy to see your fellow sallos "advocates" while the other 2/3 of the shard left? By all means if you'd rather sit there with nothing but your thumb up your ass then that's cool enjoy.

i still don't see what you're trying to get at. this isn't about removing razor and it never was.

Doctor Jones;2028195 said:
childish? games are a past time people usually do on their own. if they don't like a game then they won't play it. it's that simple. it's not a reflection on their personality. keep that in mind.

Also keep in mind that Sallos is not a game, it's a client.. Ultima Online is the game you're referring to and if people don't want to play the game (ultima online) because of a client, then I don't know what to tell you.

For the second part I was referring to the fact "your people" wont play until Sallos is up.

Majority= Razor
Minority= Sallos

While Sallos is down there is a slight decrease in population

If razor went down there would be a severe decrease in population.

That is what I was trying to get across.

i played OSI from 1999 to 2002. i played UOG on playuo from 2004-early 2006 and from late 2007-now. playuo has been my and many others' main client for the greater part of the last decade and we're simply not comfortable on the OSI client. it feels antiquated. playuo is part of the runuo shard experience to me. it is ultima online now.

i can't help your masochistic ways. i have no idea why you suffer through this game on razor in 2010.

regardless, the field yesterday showed that the best remain the best on any client. the fights were sloppier but the outcomes were the same.

Shirrazz

Sorceror

the horse men.[tHm];2028202 said:
Also keep in mind that Sallos is not a game, it's a client.. Ultima Online is the game you're referring to and if people don't want to play the game (ultima online) because of a client, then I don't know what to tell you.

For the second part I was referring to the fact "your people" wont play until Sallos is up.

Majority= Razor
Minority= Sallos

While Sallos is down there is a slight decrease in population

If razor went down there would be a severe decrease in population.

That is what I was trying to get across.

So if sallos gives you such an advantage why is sallos only the miniority? Also why not give people playing the game different clients to play from? Why should their only be one when their are two perfectly good clients?