UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos: The UNBIASED Poll

Should those who can run sallos be allowed to use it on Hybrid?

• Yes

Votes: 100 50.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 33.2%
  • With some removed features

Votes: 33 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sallos: The UNBIASED Poll

the horse men.[tHm];2028202 said:
Also keep in mind that Sallos is not a game, it's a client.. Ultima Online is the game you're referring to and if people don't want to play the game (ultima online) because of a client, then I don't know what to tell you.

For the second part I was referring to the fact "your people" wont play until Sallos is up.

Majority= Razor
Minority= Sallos

While Sallos is down there is a slight decrease in population

If razor went down there would be a severe decrease in population.

That is what I was trying to get across.

u seriously trying to have a discussion on what to term sallos on a forum?

but ok w/e

Shirrazz;2028205 said:
So if sallos gives you such an advantage why is sallos only the miniority? Also why not give people playing the game different clients to play from? Why should their only be one when their are two perfectly good clients?

Not everyone is a prime time pvper , which Sallos has been said to be a client specifically made for pvp.

Doctor Jones;2028206 said:
u seriously trying to have a discussion on what to term sallos on a forum?

but ok w/e

So then tell me, What do you term Sallos as? Do you play UO with Sallos? Or do you just play Sallos.

I log in through razor but I play uo as uo..

Suil Ban;2028204 said:
i played OSI from 1999 to 2002. i played UOG on playuo from 2004-early 2006 and from late 2007-now. playuo has been my and many others' main client for the greater part of the last decade and we're simply not comfortable on the OSI client. it feels antiquated. playuo is part of the runuo shard experience to me. it is ultima online now.

I can go with that.

RAKninja

Page

Suil Ban;2028204 said:
it feels antiquated.

i dont really care about clients one way or the other. i do like the "antiquated" look and feel of razor. much the same way i still like 8 and 16 bit games.

RAKninja;2028219 said:
i dont really care about clients one way or the other. i do like the "antiquated" look and feel of razor. much the same way i still like 8 and 16 bit games.

well, don't get me wrong--i love the game, and playuo doesn't exactly change it radically. it's the bugs and performance problems in the old client that get to me.

Suil Ban;2028221 said:
well, don't get me wrong--i love the game, and playuo doesn't exactly change it radically. it's the bugs and performance problems in the old client that get to me.

Thats odd, I never really have problems with "bugs and performance" unless it's my connection, so I honestly don't see why you're having these issues. And if you are having issues, which the only one I have stumbled across is the targeting system forgetting targets rarely, you should have no problem getting around them because I do just fine. The more difficult the game is, the more fun it is. Maybe thats why these people keep getting bored because they have a program playing the game for them.

tcush09

Sorceror

the horse men.[tHm];2028202 said:
Also keep in mind that Sallos is not a game, it's a client.. Ultima Online is the game you're referring to and if people don't want to play the game (ultima online) because of a client, then I don't know what to tell you.

For the second part I was referring to the fact "your people" wont play until Sallos is up.

Majority= Razor
Minority= Sallos

While Sallos is down there is a slight decrease in population

If razor went down there would be a severe decrease in population.

That is what I was trying to get across.

No one disagrees with that. But how is that directly relevant to the discussion?

tcush09;2028285 said:
No one disagrees with that. But how is that directly relevant to the discussion?

In a previous post it was stated people weren't playing due to Sallos being down and the shard was lacking any action.

So I wanted him and/or others to realize the difference if in fact Razor was going through some downtime rather than Sallos.

Rendix

Sorceror

When I hear the named heavy smoker.. my mind pictures a 300 lb fatass that drives a ford taurus

amirite?

Rendix;2028337 said:
When I hear the named heavy smoker.. my mind pictures a 300 lb fatass that drives a ford taurus

amirite?

your mind is wayyyyy off, first off my rides are in the pic thrd, and im 175.

BurntFingers

Wanderer

HE JUST GETS MAD HE GETS DIRTED ON FIELD NOW CUASE HE CANT EVEN HEAL EBOLT SYNCS WITH OUT CHEAT ANIMATION SALLOS LOL SIG UR FUCKING HORRIBLE

Agree, I have seen a dramatic increase of players pvping since sallos has been down "maybe not factions because people are scared they cant heal or give syncs now" but in over all PvP. I've actually been able to kill people 1v1 before their back up could show because they arent spamming party targets and having their friends instant recall beside of them.

elohdee

Knight

Suil Ban;2027429 said:
i voted 'yes.'

i don't think sallos can turn an average player into a pro. that's exaggerated. it's simply more consistent. you will perform according to your skill level every time without bugs, slowdown, and crashes getting in your way.

it's simply a better client.
. this ^

Man people make dumb polls.

Sallos is a more enjoyable client. It doesn't turn anyone into a pvp all-star. I play the almost the same on razor as I do on sallos, just not as smooth. It's easier on the eyes also which is another reason its more enjoyable.

How bout we stop finding new things to cry about every given day and actually start pvping regardless what client you can or cannot use.

Just shut up, man up, and pvp.

God this shard houses nothing but males with too much estrogen.

If some of you spent half the time pvping as you do thinking of new things that should "change" or be "removed", uogamers would be poppin.

You guys must use a rain forest in tissue alone.

No matter how you word the poll it's always the same. I like sallos I need it, I hate sallos I cant use it. Sallos is cheat.

Just get over sallos and man up.

elohdee

Knight

BurntFingers;2028374 said:
HE JUST GETS MAD HE GETS DIRTED ON FIELD NOW CUASE HE CANT EVEN HEAL EBOLT SYNCS WITH OUT CHEAT ANIMATION SALLOS LOL SIG UR FUCKING HORRIBLE

if you would like i will glady get sig and sharp and 3v3 you on razor and then you can watch the rpv of you getting dirted.

promise.

aim is forever elohdee

also over there
<-----

i wont hold my breath though.

elohdee

Knight

Heavy Smoker;2028399 said:
Agree, I have seen a dramatic increase of players pvping since sallos has been down "maybe not factions because people are scared they cant heal or give syncs now" but in over all PvP. I've actually been able to kill people 1v1 before their back up could show because they arent spamming party targets and having their friends instant recall beside of them.

Where you been pvping? Minoc mines?

I been on every day and only get to fight random blues in Del.

I think you fib.

elohdee;2028411 said:
. this ^

Sallos is a more enjoyable client. It doesn't turn anyone into a pvp all-star. I play the almost the same on razor as I do on sallos, just not as smooth. It's easier on the eyes also which is another reason its more enjoyable.

How bout we stop finding new things to cry about every given day and actually start pvping regardless what client you can or cannot use.

If some of you spent half the time pvping as you do thinking of new things that should "change" or be "removed", uogamers would be poppin.

No matter how you word the poll it's always the same. I like sallos I need it, I hate sallos I cant use it. Sallos is cheat.

I understand where you are coming from but I just can't agree with you..

You want everyone to "man up" but apparently not many of you have..

I still see everyone who was on razor playing and I see a decrease in those who used Sallos.. Who exactly should be manning up..

WillyDaSquid

Sorceror

elohdee;2028411 said:
. this ^

This is right..

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, or what. But, when I am on the field you know which group is actually a threat to you. You know the people that can hit syncs and you know the people who can hit heals. Typically, all those people ARE on Sallos. Its not that I think that Sallos carries such a large advantage over razor that Sallos players are the only one who can have the intimidation factor. You know the people who you can call ebs and kill them, and you know the people who need to go down with an fs/nox.

The only thing that raises a question in my mind is, all the groups who carry a heavy field presence in my mind.. are on Sallos. Now, this is where I tend to agree more with lod. The same players who I see as the best right now, were the best when Razor was the dominant client. I am not going to say any names, just because I don't want to put anyone down. However, its not very hard to distinguish which players know what they are doing and which don't- regardless of the client. I know a few groups on Sallos who (again in my mind) are below average.

I have found when playing against the players who are the best, it doesn't come down to player skill as much, as it does who is calling for you. You get to a point where you know the other team isn't going to miss their heals or cures, you know they are going to be on sync with their dumps. It just comes down to which caller makes the first mistake or who is slower on the load.

I have also experienced, that there are some decent groups out there that will never be 'good' because they have 2-3 guys who have to carry everyone elses weight. Thats another HUGE difference I have seen, if you look at the crews who are considered 'great' you find that they don't have any players they need to babysit.

-They don't have any players they need to worry about missing a sync.
-They don't have any players they need to worry about missing a heal.
-They don't have any players they need to worry about not staying with the fight.
-They don't have any players they need to remind to stun.
-They don't have players who miss their cures.

Thats why I agree with what lod said, it doesn't matter which client in the end. The reason I still love UO is because its probably one of the most team oriented games that I have played (next to CS, and HON).

Like CS and HON, you can have one player who messes the fight up for everyone. Whether its getting rolled out of a bombsite, or feeding (which im working on :p), or missing cures/heals/syncs.. its all comes down to the people your playing around.

*Strictly group PVP*

jessen13

Sorceror

I felt everyone agreed that it doesn't turn great players into mediocre players. The reason Sallos is lame is because it gives advantages to the mediocre pvpers and allows them to compete groups who would normally be a little better than them. It has nothing to do with great players because if you're great, it doesn't matter what client you use.