UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tamer Balance

How should taming be balanced?

• Remove bonding

Votes: 237 17.0%
  • Reduce pet speed

Votes: 138 9.9%
  • Reduce pet damage

Votes: 182 13.0%
  • Heavier bonded pet skill loss

Votes: 145 10.4%
  • Remove recall with bonded pets

Votes: 193 13.8%
  • Its fine how it is

Votes: 822 58.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laga'Kasar

Wanderer
HAHAHHA...HAHAH...HAHA...HAH.... *catches breath* HAHAHAHAHAH
Above post is AWESOME!!
Number 1 kid... Get... Off... The... Speed... really, use some punctuation, that's a pretty long run on sentence.
Number 2, Uhhh, there should be at no point when a single person can say two words, (the infamous all kill) and instantly make people want to run, that's just ridiculous. I wish there was just some spell I could cast that everyone knows to run at, that way mages would be able to take down 3 people at a time with just two words, HEY! Maybe we should implement the Apocalypse Spell...
Number 3, not everyone is a mage with the ability to paralyze, what about warriors? Do they just get screwed over in that aspect?
Number 4, get some skill, that whole part about having to run and get your tamer when you get dropped on your main... that's hilarious, thanks for the comedy.

Once again, lower damage to players from pets, increase damage to pets from players, makes it rather simple, and please implement something soon, it's getting ridiculous...

Johnboy2

Wanderer
I say we add another option to that vote, which is to remove the ability to use the pet command all kill. All guard me, ect. Thus removing the tamers speed to react to a situation with two infamous words that can be recited in the most desperate of any situation. I say instead of removing taming or removing bonding we make fucking pet owners pay. Let me explain:

We remove the power words "all kill" so they have to click on the pet and bring up the menu which has all the commands listed. Now I am sure all of you fuckers are reading this and being like, wtf can that change. Well, think of it this way, on the field mainly brit GY some red is flying around with 2 nightmares he is going to have to use some more skill in order to get his shit on you while taking damage, manage to stay alive, and if he plans on bolaing before during or after that takes away from his time advantage in some way. That and pets should only really be used for PVM only.

Any red tamer that things they are cool because they can say all kill after tossing a bola is a faggot, and what's even worse is bonding lets these fuckers keep their pets after I kill their stupid asses. But I won't lament that, I just think having the power to say all kill, and have no REAL skill to it other then taming pets within 20 minutes bonding them to you, then going idle and training them to 7x over the course of two days. Wow, don't hurt yourself running an easyUo script.

Now all you red tamers can suck my ass, you can agree or concure with all the bullshit of how cheap it is but you still do it. Fencers, macers, and swordsmen are locked in the same dead lock of a conc hit, para hit, and a crushing blow. weapon speed and cheapness are discussed all the time. But if you want to use your pets, it should require you being at a bigger disadvantage then being acted upon by suprise. You should have to work for your loot as much as anyone else.

All kill is not skill, all kill shouldn't even be considered for dueling or in anyway resulting in the words owned, ganked, fagged, nubbed, ect.

Just my opinion. Just like everyone elses on this god damn post.

Laga'Kasar said:
HAHAHHA...HAHAH...HAHA...HAH.... *catches breath* HAHAHAHAHAH
Above post is AWESOME!!
Number 1 kid... Get... Off... The... Speed... really, use some punctuation, that's a pretty long run on sentence.
Number 2, Uhhh, there should be at no point when a single person can say two words, (the infamous all kill) and instantly make people want to run, that's just ridiculous. I wish there was just some spell I could cast that everyone knows to run at, that way mages would be able to take down 3 people at a time with just two words, HEY! Maybe we should implement the Apocalypse Spell...
Number 3, not everyone is a mage with the ability to paralyze, what about warriors? Do they just get screwed over in that aspect?
Number 4, get some skill, that whole part about having to run and get your tamer when you get dropped on your main... that's hilarious, thanks for the comedy.

Once again, lower damage to players from pets, increase damage to pets from players, makes it rather simple, and please implement something soon, it's getting ridiculous...

well first off, people tend to run from reds when they cast a single spell so your philosophy that people should bot run from two words is completely irrelivent
mages already get reduced spell timers and can cast at rediculously fast rates so their is really no need for some "apocolypse spell"
warrios and such? i beleive this was all explained once, its a rock paper scissors battlefield, mages are just the way to go against tamers, but that just means its easier, ever heard of peacemaking? peace one, nail the tamer and run, repeat as needed, i do this all the time, and i find tamers a nice break from the gank squads that i normally have to deal with

and stop talking about skill, there is no skill involved in this, and it just shows off your lack of this apparent skill if you can't beat a tamer or a warrior when you can cast 6'th circle spells like energy bolt and explosion when you should only be able to cast the low circle spells like harm, fireball, and poison or maybe paralyse if you get an extra second

pet damage to players has already been reduced, stop living under a rock and you would realize this
increasing the ammount of damage pets receive from players is just stupid, they can already be killed rediculously quick by someone who is not incompetant

and mr no verbal commands.... wow.... yea, ok, lets remove all spells above the 5th circle while we are at it
i mean, hey! its the same thing!

Johnboy2

Wanderer
Pet damage reduction

Dear Fucking retard,

You can nerf pet damage all you want they are still going to do a shit load. Meele damage on nightmares is still increasingly damaging and the same if a dragon hit you, then throw on their weakly trained 7x skills with magic, and or whatever skill a dragon has and just add that fuel to the fire. You can reduce their damage, IE which damage, and where. Give me an example where a tamer with the intent on killing with a pet hasn't suceeded in an ambush and attemptively kill multiple people. And after dying the pets are bonded. (Haha)
So they come back ressurect their pets and start all over again. Teehee. Something tells me theirs an influx in the system. Once again, just my opinion.

And chances are you are one of those low life fucktards that run around with two nightmares and an etheral mount along with bolas and kill squads of people with your uber-leet tactic of retard.

Even with this damage so called "reduced" your full of shit too, mares still kick ass, and dragons still rape, and as long as animnal taming is unbalanced fucking tamers like you with your weak ass shit are going to continue to bang out your advantage like a cheap fourty dollar hooker.

Now in repliance to your bullshit about circle of level spells, shut the fuck up. Thanks.

Johnald said:
Dear Fucking retard,

You can nerf pet damage all you want they are still going to do a shit load. Meele damage on nightmares is still increasingly damaging and the same if a dragon hit you, then throw on their weakly trained 7x skills with magic, and or whatever skill a dragon has and just add that fuel to the fire. You can reduce their damage, IE which damage, and where. Give me an example where a tamer with the intent on killing with a pet hasn't suceeded in an ambush and attemptively kill multiple people. And after dying the pets are bonded. (Haha)
So they come back ressurect their pets and start all over again. Teehee. Something tells me theirs an influx in the system. Once again, just my opinion.

And chances are you are one of those low life fucktards that run around with two nightmares and an etheral mount along with bolas and kill squads of people with your uber-leet tactic of retard.

Even with this damage so called "reduced" your full of shit too, mares still kick ass, and dragons still rape, and as long as animnal taming is unbalanced fucking tamers like you with your weak ass shit are going to continue to bang out your advantage like a cheap fourty dollar hooker.

Now in repliance to your bullshit about circle of level spells, shut the fuck up. Thanks.

gosh, your really into this game, i'd suggest you find other ways to release your anger less you walk into a building and shoot everyone because someone killed your charactor more then once

pets "kick ass" as you put it because you have to go through shit just to get them

and how the hell do you get jumped by a tamer unless he's sitting there with his pets invised waiting for you to attack him? melee damage doesn't mean anything, if your bright enough to get that close to them then its your own fault that you died

your ingenious ideas so far have proven your inability to comprehend the combat system in the game, if you really think that we should remove verbal commands for pets then how could you possibly understand something like pvp... there are numbers, adding, statistics

the ideas i am seeing for balance are getting worse and worse, people want to remove bonding.... remove pet skills.... and now you want to get rid of the verbal commands

that would accomplish jack shit on its own anyways, tamers use MACROS, you know... programs that target stuff and record actions... the same thing that all of you mages use for your potions, spells, and targetting... removing the commands just greifs the new players and the people that don't really want to pvp

and i can name someone that has sorvived these "ambushes" because i personally sorvive them all of the time, a tamer just means an easy target, you can peace and paralyse before they can have your pets kill you, hide and they will have to reveal, as they cast reveal you peace paralyse, if one doesn't work then you just run away and come back with another spell ready, do not complain about being bola'd on an ethy, it was your choice to use one, if you don't want to be screwed by a bola then use a real mount, otherwise just use ethies

just because you lack the capabilities to realize how to fight someone using pets does not justify lowering the uses of that skill, if you can't beat it that is your fault, many other people can beat tamers easily, and it takes them longer to come back then normal reds, why? because most reds will take offensive skills rather then vet, and the ones that take vet lose out on other offensive skills, and they also suffer a lot more from losing track of a pet since many of them don't even have peacemaking or other usefull skills for aquiring mares and/or dragons, its a lot faster to just res and reg up then it is to res, get pets, res pets, heal pets, reg up and go back out

and every kill i have made without using a bola was because the idiot was either dumb enough to stick around rather then run, or they were stupid enough to come back multiple times

your posting is only lowering your credability and respect so i suggest you think out your ideas and responses as well as flames before you run out into the open and make a fool of yourself

BenJamin

Wanderer
I think that it's an excellent alternative to weakening pets and making them more useless, while discouraging people to use pets in pvp a bit more unless they want to spend more time taming.
well...what do you do to kill drags then.....why don't you just let them kill your pets...and then you have to tame new ones

Oukla

Wanderer
On another PRS, they have it so rezzing a pet within 3 hours of it dieing causes major skill loss to said pet...like 10 points. Takes them out of defending an Idoc/faction stronghold/whatever for 3 hours and pets don't become disposable...unless he/she *really* wants to.

Thought it was a unique approach worth mentioning here.

Simple, if you want to balance taming, Don't let pets fight in factions, and DON't BITCH ABOUT GETTING OWNED BY SOMEONES DRAG AND MARE WHEN YOU TRY TO PK THEM. Simple.

Obe[IC]

Wanderer
Seems you did more than enough of that yourself before quitting the shard like a pussy, Atlanta. Nice to see you can talk shit when you're not the direct participant of it ;)

Seriously. For once, can you just shut the fuck up?

Johnald said:
We remove the power words "all kill" so they have to click on the pet and bring up the menu which has all the commands listed. Now I am sure all of you fuckers are reading this and being like, wtf can that change. Well, think of it this way, on the field mainly brit GY some red is flying around with 2 nightmares he is going to have to use some more skill in order to get his shit on you while taking damage, manage to stay alive, and if he plans on bolaing before during or after that takes away from his time advantage in some way. That and pets should only really be used for PVM only.

All kill is not skill, all kill shouldn't even be considered for dueling or in anyway resulting in the words owned, ganked, fagged, nubbed, ect.

Just my opinion. Just like everyone elses on this god damn post.

And what if they prefer to use the 2D client or KUOC?

You can say whatever you want when you kill someone. They were stupid cause they died. I personally like screaming "LOL, owned newb" at a PK when I get them guard whacked. It annoys the hell out of them, so they will come back, plus they were too stupid to realise that entering the GZ/attacking someone in the GZ will get them killed.

Nobody said you arent entitled to an opinion. You just need to realise that your opinion is stupid, you are stupid, nobody likes your idea, and nobody likes you. :)

P.S. Blame gabe (from PA) for saying something similar first ^

Oukla said:
On another PRS, they have it so rezzing a pet within 3 hours of it dieing causes major skill loss to said pet...like 10 points. Takes them out of defending an Idoc/faction stronghold/whatever for 3 hours and pets don't become disposable...unless he/she *really* wants to.

Thought it was a unique approach worth mentioning here.

i like this idea but it should be one rez every 3 hours and those rezzes do not stack, your pet gets killed you ressurect him, if he is killed again before a 3 hour period you have to wait untill the full 3 hours is up or take a massive penalty (10-25 points in every skill) and this will continue onwards every time it is rezzed untill it has no skills left and the ghost dissapears, lol, and each time you res it you have to wait another 3 hours
ex: phill's pet dies, so he ressurects it and has to wait 3 hours, phill's pet is killed again before the 3 hour period is up and he ressurects it, he now has to wait 3 hours or he will take another skill drop in his pet, each rez starts a new timer

another discouragement to using pets in pvp, make ressurection of a pet require multiple aids per attempt, if you had to waste 50-100 aids at every attempt to rez your pet then it's a lot more discouraging and troublesome to put them in a situation where they could die easily (pvp)

Laga'Kasar

Wanderer
Ankoku15 said:
well first off, people tend to run from reds when they cast a single spell so your philosophy that people should bot run from two words is completely irrelivent

Yeah, that's because they're scared little girls. Dueling a mage is realistic, even on the battlefield, but against a WW and Mare...?

Ankoku15 said:
mages already get reduced spell timers and can cast at rediculously fast rates so their is really no need for some "apocolypse spell"

Dude, I hope you have a good doctor, because you need surgery to remove the stick from your ass, seriously, it was a joke. Obviously a stranger to sarcasm...

Ankoku15 said:
and stop talking about skill, there is no skill involved in this, and it just shows off your lack of this apparent skill if you can't beat a tamer or a warrior when you can cast 6'th circle spells like energy bolt and explosion when you should only be able to cast the low circle spells like harm, fireball, and poison or maybe paralyse if you get an extra second

I never said I can't kill a warrior, I kill them all the time, I'm not complaining that the spell timers are messed up, why don't you post in the Balance Spells thread instead of here? I was talking about the lack of skill involved in taming, so obviously if "there is no skill involved in this" then you just proved my point, thanks.

Ankoku15 said:
pet damage to players has already been reduced, stop living under a rock and you would realize this
increasing the ammount of damage pets receive from players is just stupid, they can already be killed rediculously quick by someone who is not incompetant

Incompetant? Alright, let's see where your "competance" gets you when you're on foot with a 2 mares chasing after you blasting the hell outa you, where's it going to get you? The Guardzone? Yeah, I don't want to have to run whenever I see a tamer, I like actual fights, you may shy away and sit at Brit Bank all you want, but I'm here to kill.

Laga'Kasar

Wanderer
Ankoku15 said:
melee damage doesn't mean anything, if your bright enough to get that close to them then its your own fault that you died

You know, if you are a warrior and want to kill a tamer, what the hell are you going to do? Use your mind to kill him?

Ankoku15 said:
how could you possibly understand something like pvp... there are numbers, adding, statistics

I don't know, those are big words, you sure you can use those? I mean, wow... adding... that's tough. And yes, it's all about the first grade math that you need to understand to fight in UO... You know what you're talking about...

Ankoku15 said:
and every kill i have made without using a bola was because the idiot was either dumb enough to stick around rather then run, or they were stupid enough to come back multiple times

How else are you going to kill a tamer? Use hacks and kill him off screen? And if they die because they are stupid -without- the bola, would that mean even the smart ones die when you -do- use a bola?

Ankoku15 said:
your posting is only lowering your credability and respect so i suggest you think out your ideas and responses as well as flames before you run out into the open and make a fool of yourself

Yeah, I just put that up there so that you would read your own words. Practice what you preach kid.

Apart from the parts where you flamed what Ankoku didn't say (You miss read what he said), all _I_ heard was waaaaaaaaaa, waaa waaa, cry cry cry.

You want to win a 3v1, that would really throw balance off if people are so strong that the influence if pets becomes negligable to make the situation a 1v1.

Then you don't need pets to kill monsters, you will be strong enough.

Someone has 2 pets, it _IS_ a 3v1 situation, everyone else makes the split second "flight or fight" decision to run away. Just because your too stupid to do the same doesn't mean tamers are unbalanced. Seriously, if taming gets nerfed, then there will need to be a system where people can only fight 1v1 because everyone will comlain about ganking next.

Get two friends to take out the tamer, then it is 3v3 against a team that doesn't cross heal, doesn't have trapped pouches and can be peacemaked.

On another note, I like the time delay for pet ressing.

Laga'Kasar

Wanderer
*sighs* This is no use, no one understands that one person should not be that powerful, there are people all over abusing taming and I'm sick of people being blind to it, but whatever, keep your taming chars for pvp so when you get burned in a real 1v1 you can come cry with a drag, it's cool, I guess I'll just have to stick to the dueling pits, where tamers aren't allowed for a reason. Done with this thread...

if your on foot in a pvp situation your screwed reguardless, you have no chance against a mage or a warrior on foot... bolas will screw you over if you get hit one way or the other unless your actually skilled enough to get out of the situation or avoid it untill you can remount

people just bitch about bola tamers because they are quite frequently on foot, thusly they use bolas a lot more, and i very rarely use bolas because its a pain in the ass to make them

i'm not even going to bother responding to your endless flames as you have yet to establish a relavent or serious arguement to any of my statements

every tamer ive ever met is a skirt, and an idiot. pvp tamers are just rediculous, not to mention some of the biggest shit talkers. all kill = no skill, remove bonding... weaken pets and basically nerf taming to the point where no one uses it. then we will have a real pvp shard :)

Orgasmatron said:
every tamer ive ever met is a skirt, and an idiot. pvp tamers are just rediculous, not to mention some of the biggest shit talkers. all kill = no skill, remove bonding... weaken pets and basically nerf taming to the point where no one uses it. then we will have a real pvp shard :)

find a roof and jump

i'm sick of explaining this shit to you idiots

SantaClaus

Wanderer
It's ok hes a complete retard. "Let's like huh nerf taming and also can we make pvp the way I want and the shard centered around me"

I play to have fun and I enjoy playing my tamer from time to tame, not to just pvp either. If you want to "PvP" so bad go in your fucking gay trammelized duel system and pvp all day without anyone using pets. "omg duel me no pots, wtf rematch duel me no pots or pets!"

Status
Not open for further replies.