UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The New Doom Point System *Please Vote*

What is your opinion of the new Doom point system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tempest

Knight
The real irony in this thread is that these new players aren't necessarily new to the game. It's unattractive to 'new' players to stay and become veterans to a free server where it takes too long to acquire items.

Most would rather not spend half a year attempting to get suited up. They'll play for a week or so and go back to the other free server they have items on and presumeably they'd rather deal with the bullshit over there rather than investing hours, days, months, and years starting over on a server they think is trash since there is no decent gain for positive reinforcement.

Whatever98

Squire
This post of yours prooves you know dip shit of what you're talking about.

The current system does not guarantee you a drop.

err... i thought that was the whole point of the system? if it doesn't do that, then yeah it's not working, but im pretty sure it does do that... unless like... EOS is just lying to us all lmao
hmmm, which is more likely, dexter is exaggerating cos he's impatient, or EOS is lying to us.... tough one......

The real irony in this thread is that these new players aren't necessarily new to the game. It's unattractive to 'new' players to stay and become veterans to a free server where it takes too long to acquire items.

Most would rather not spend half a year attempting to get suited up. They'll play for a week or so and go back to the other free server they have items on and presumeably they'd rather deal with the bullshit over there rather than investing hours, days, months, and years starting over on a server they think is trash since there is no decent gain for positive reinforcement.

*sigh* this is true.. i dont like it, but it's true, i enjoyed leveling my guy and getting gear, the game is boring once you have all your stuff... i guess different people play for different reasons, and it's fair to say i dont give enough credit to the people that play mostly for the end game pvp.. i play leagues and stuff for pvp, i hold my hand up and say i dont really get it. i am a PvMer, but what's wrong with you buying things from PvMers... demise isn't made to be an instant action pvp server ://

Whatever98

Squire
look at that guy that made 20 mil in 80 days from scratch tho, that's impressive and that's the value of being a vet, even with a noob account, you know how to make money. that's the most fun part to me :/

i think one of the main reasons a lot of people feel this way, is cos the best class for gauntlet is melee dexxer, and hardly anyone plays it now. but using a character that's not good for it will make it take longer, and it should shouldn't it??

Ortiz

Sorceror
The thought of grinding for months on end is a pretty big deterrence for alot of people who check this server out. Most of the time I come across new players I get asked 3 main questions. What pvp scene is like, what gauntlet drops are like, how much artifacts cost.

i always have a bunch of doom artes laying around come cub time because they're already very hard to sell... if anything, they shouldn't increase the number of drops, they should increase the % of the existing drops that are the good artes. if anything that is. EOS has said they will revisit it when they have time anyway, this is all just debate for when they decide what they're going to do with it. i dont think it will ever be the major overhaul that you guys are talking about though.

the best thing for new players is simply new player guilds and helpful vets, not orne drops :S

You talk like they are going to increase individual drops... That's why you are so biased against putting this fix in. It is a fix, the current system is broken, the time spent at gauntlet is so much greater than the reward that it's not viable. There's plenty of means to make a shit ton of gold very quickly (you can chain spawns and make 30~40 kk in a couple of days) while you can spend 7 months in gauntlet and get nothing. Does that seem balanced?

You are quite oblivious to the fact that the server as a majority wants this fix. 76.7% of the sample think that the current system is nerfed, while 30% have completely removed gauntlet as a viable way to make money.

No player on demise should feel animosity towards gauntlet, while it may be boring and tedious, it should be a viable way to acquire some reward. Players on demise don't play to grind for 8 months in order to get the chance at obtaining a random artifact that could very well be worth 50k -34kk. This is fundamentally portrayed through the advanced skill gain that is put in place. Whether you want to believe it or not, most players expect the rewards on this server to be accelerated so they can get to the core game play quicker. This is a 17 year old game.

Whatever98

Squire
it's a tough one that dude, it's a good point, i've even had people offer to buy stuff off me for real life money :/

but that's the game.. i cant really defend if beyond that. it is what it is, and if it were something else, it wouldn't be this. know what i mean?

i dont know but i imagine there are pvp servers out there that are designed for exactly what you're talking about. demise isn't one of them, it could become like that, but i dont think that's what demise is for, it's not what it offers, at the very least it's not why i play it :/
so i dunno, you have a very good point, but it's a double edged sword, because making it more accessible changes the whole dynamic of the game

err... i thought that was the whole point of the system? if it doesn't do that, then yeah it's not working, but im pretty sure it does do that... unless like... EOS is just lying to us all lmao
hmmm, which is more likely, dexter is exaggerating cos he's impatient, or EOS is lying to us.... tough one......

Statistically speaking, with the old system and the new system you are going to see the same number of drops through random chance alone. In my opinion implementing a system which resembles the drop distribution of the original system does absolutely nothing. While the inner workings might be different the end result is exactly the same. It's like taking a gas car to the store, then taking a diesel car to the same store. Ultimately you got to the store, same amount of time, same direction etc.

Whatever98

Squire
well at the very least it'll be easily adjustable now, so maybe they'll test some things out and figure what works best regardless of all this :)

it's a tough one that dude, it's a good point, i've even had people offer to buy stuff off me for real life money :/

but that's the game.. i cant really defend if beyond that. it is what it is, and if it were something else, it wouldn't be this. know what i mean?

i dont know but i imagine there are pvp servers out there that are designed for exactly what you're talking about. demise isn't one of them, it could become like that, but i dont think that's what demise is for, it's not what it offers, at the very least it's not why i play it :/
so i dunno, you have a very good point, but it's a double edged sword, because making it more accessible changes the whole dynamic of the game

Making it more accessible doesn't mean having a stone where you get 1 of every artifact in your bank, with 60k of every reg and 5000 charge runics. The only thing the osi drop rate system will offer is the "'choice'" of having a balanced time spent / reward in the gauntlet.

Whatever98

Squire
Statistically speaking, with the old system and the new system you are going to see the same number of drops through random chance alone. In my opinion implementing a system which resembles the drop distribution of the original system does absolutely nothing. While the inner workings might be different the end result is exactly the same. It's like taking a gas car to the store, then taking a diesel car to the same store. Ultimately you got to the store, same amount of time, same direction etc.

im about 80% sure this was the intention, they wanted to keep the drop rate about the same, but get rid of the extreme dry spots, after like a month now you should have like 20% drop chance, so 1/5 chance, which would keep increasing. most will probably drop by 5%, assuming it's take like 50 bosses to get up 1%

but im pretty sure it being around the same is intentional. as i say, i like it like that, and said why cos i hope to swing some votes, but at the end of the day we should do what will be best for the majority. just dont take this vote as absolute plz cos most were cast before i could argue my case :p

Ortiz

Sorceror
Just because you don't pvp doesn't mean demise shouldn't try to balance things out for the server as a whole. No one wants to spend a ton of time gearing up. Even alot of people who already have all these items would like to see the drop rate increased. I'd rather grind lizardmen in despise for months on end than go to gauntlet for the 5+ years I have been going now and not get ONE drop I can use.

im about 80% sure this was the intention, they wanted to keep the drop rate about the same, but get rid of the extreme dry spots, after like a month now you should have like 20% drop chance, so 1/5 chance, which would keep increasing. most will probably drop by 5%, assuming it's take like 50 bosses to get up 1%

but im pretty sure it being around the same is intentional. as i say, i like it like that, and said why cos i hope to swing some votes, but at the end of the day we should do what will be best for the majority. just dont take this vote as absolute plz cos most were cast before i could argue my case :p

Where are you getting these numbers from?

Do you currently do gauntlet?

If yes, on average how many people do you see in the gauntlet?

Do you think that seeing that amount of people makes sense?

Lucifall

Knight
Tots are a grind item, there is no jackpot
You accumulate points in order to get a ToT. The more, the bigger chance you have. It's gamble + grind. Go read the code.
but they're a fun grind if you like pvm combat, which noobs do, which is why i think they'd be a good thing for noobs to grind and vets to buy, same a mining, or leather farming, or reset farming, etc.
You know what else could be a fun grind? You will never guess it!

GAUNTLET!

and OMG! you mean i cant just log in to the server and instantly have a fully prepared pvp character?!?!? so unfaaaaaair!

How is asking for a proper system (which will still require plenty of time to actually reward people) the same as a free-suit? I begin to question your intelligence.

i always have a bunch of doom artes laying around come cub time because they're already very hard to sell... if anything, they shouldn't increase the number of drops, they should increase the % of the existing drops that are the good artes.
Yeah? What arties? Breath of the Dead? Huge demand for that amazing weapon. Or how about that Taskmaster?
if anything that is. EOS has said they will revisit it when they have time anyway, this is all just debate for when they decide what they're going to do with it. i dont think it will ever be the major overhaul that you guys are talking about though.
Overhaul? It's a simple increase in the amount of points rewarded. There's no "overhaul".

the best thing for new players is simply new player guilds and helpful vets, not orne drops :S
Oh, tell me about it! I am helping a whole guild of players who came from another shard. About fifteen people in it. Guess what? There's a limit to how much I can help them. I can not buy all the resources they muster in their effort to gather gold for a HoM or even a simple GToT. Veterans might not even NEED the resources these new players can gather.

Tell me how a new player doesn't need the artifacts for a proper suit. Tell me how they only need New Player Guilds (hint: all of them died due to the LACK of new players because the setup we have is BORING AS SHIT to start without help from someone with a foothold in this shard) and "helpful vets".

You have absolutely no idea about anything you are talking about. Go do research.

Whatever98

Squire
Just because you don't pvp doesn't mean demise shouldn't try to balance things out for the server as a whole. No one wants to spend a ton of time gearing up. Even alot of people who already have all these items would like to see the drop rate increased. I'd rather grind lizardmen in despise for months on end than go to gauntlet for the 5+ years I have been going now and not get ONE drop I can use.

that's the exact reason for the point system tho, this wont happen now, but it will still take a while to drop.

are there not items which are usable but not quite as good as things like orne? that newer people could get more cheaply/easily?
oh what's this, a new item? scrappers compendium ehy?

Whatever98

Squire
how much you all gonna rage if i just go:

Slackers.