UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The New Doom Point System *Please Vote*

What is your opinion of the new Doom point system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember on OSI you could get 1 point from a player with no points and then that was it *could be wrong, fuzzy memory*, just make it so players with no points give no points, so they can't just kill a new character, they'd have to kill a character thats killed someone.

But if people with 0 points are worth no points and everyone starts at 0 no one would ever have any points ;)

From what I remember and to how it is currently a person can go as low as -5 points and with the decreased time to leave factions someone could farm a minimum 15 points every 3 days. Then if they made it exactly like OSI where you can have multiple characters on same account join same faction the points you could farm would just be way out of hand.

Bile

Knight
Factions didn't work pre-aos.
Factions don't work post-aos.

Pre-Aos: Fights were decided over much longer periods of time, so capturing and defending a stronghold for hours on end felt like an accomplishment.
Post-Aos: Fights are decided quickly, which results in Statloss for 50% of the time.

The progression of the game ultimately makes this a dead subject. The invent of casting to Necromancy, Soulstones, and all things Mondain's Legacy and beyond have hindered Factions. You take away thousands of potential participants and you've got nothing. The horse you ride, the armor and weapons you can't wear, and the monsters that don't attack you are all outclassed. Faction fights are won by the last thief who decides to wait out the opposition and you can be asleep for that. Everything Ultima has to offer is off-balance due to the fact we have four accounts and don't need to rely on any other person to get anything we desire.

If the Faction Artifacts get introduced it will produce two things; first, more cowardice and second, point farmers.

Reximus

Page
If the Faction Artifacts get introduced it will only produce two things; first, more cowardice and second, point farmers.

Cowards are all we have at the moment, Hz are just cowards with numbers, stealth archers are cowards, runners are cowards, etc.

Lucifall

Knight
Factions didn't work pre-aos.
Factions don't work post-aos.

Pre-Aos: Fights were decided over much longer periods of time, so capturing and defending a stronghold for hours on end felt like an accomplishment.
Post-Aos: Fights are decided quickly, which results in Statloss for 50% of the time.

The progression of the game ultimately makes this a dead subject. The invent of casting to Necromancy, Soulstones, and all things Mondain's Legacy and beyond have hindered Factions. You take away thousands of potential participants and you've got nothing. The horse you ride, the armor and weapons you can't wear, and the monsters that don't attack you are all outclassed. Faction fights are won by the last thief who decides to wait out the opposition and you can be asleep for that. Everything Ultima has to offer is off-balance due to the fact we have four accounts and don't need to rely on any other person to get anything we desire.

If the Faction Artifacts get introduced it will produce two things; first, more cowardice and second, point farmers.

Precisely my view on faction artifacts. They won't help at all unfortunately.

Possibly the only possibility of "improvement' is stat loss was decreased to a much smaller period of time. What do you think?

i don't think population in demise is decreasing.it has been increasing.
some ppl might leave,but much more ppl joining.so don't blame system or staff for it.

It has been increasing because stuff is getting implemented. People are finding alternative ways of getting suited.

Drucilia

Knight
Pretty sure we will see the drop rate sneakily increase until its satisfactory.

Lol most of these hardcore vets are/were the hardworkers running 4 account almost afk in gaunt back when i was playing hahahaha hard work u put in hey. Everyone did it dont pretend like u worked hard back then. I know this because if u let someone die by calling ur pets off it would them 20 minutes to get rez then come crying they lost an arty they didnt know they had.

Its about time some one reminded these guys that sitting watching hours of youtube with uo in the back ground isnt hard work. So veterans stop whineing. You yourselves are being noobs pretending you actually played hard for arties back then. Hahaha.

hickman48

Knight
Pretty sure we will see the drop rate sneakily increase until its satisfactory.

Lol most of these hardcore vets are/were the hardworkers running 4 account almost afk in gaunt back when i was playing hahahaha hard work u put in hey. Everyone did it dont pretend like u worked hard back then. I know this because if u let someone die by calling ur pets off it would them 20 minutes to get rez then come crying they lost an arty they didnt know they had.

Its about time some one reminded these guys that sitting watching hours of youtube with uo in the back ground isnt hard work. So veterans stop whineing. You yourselves are being noobs pretending you actually played hard for arties back then. Hahaha.

The reason most of us vets are still around is cuz we did not do this or break any of the other rules.
But if this is how you played or had to play more power to you just don't get caught.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Whatever98 ive been here since errr late 2005. I have had the chance to farm doom plenty of hours. Got tons of arties if my memory serve me right I have gotten 6 or 7 aof 4 or 5 totems and chest full of shit ones.

Since 2005 I have gotten 0 ornies 0 hom and 0 jackals.

You want to say increasing the drop will fuck with the economy. Where the fuck were you when staff flooded and I mean flooded the shard of mkp stat scroll.all things to make pvp'ers income but funny did not see many trammel kids crying bout that.

Now you want to debate this some more bring some numbers show us how you can sit there and say omg it will rain ornies and ill loose value to all my pixel.