UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The New Doom Point System *Please Vote*

What is your opinion of the new Doom point system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mytilus

Sorceror
Nobody is talking about making everything worthless, but the drop rate should be 'slightly' higher than what it was before and certainly not less than the old status quo. I have had the opportunity to watch many new players come to the server and get geared up. I have helped many of them along the way. If your doom and gloom scenario were true that everybody gets what they want and then quits then I would be LONG GONE by now. The biggest problem I see with artifacts really is consumer driven, many times you can't even find an orny for sale if you wanted one. More times than i can count a new player farms enough gold through spawning or whatever to get to 35kk and then can't even find one to buy. What happens then is they will search around for a few days or even a week and more often than not somebody in the guild will sell them an extra one they have. There is a huge psychological factor that affects the market dynamics of the doom artifacts. To put this in simpler terms... I believe that due to actual supply and demand the ornament price point should be somewhere in the mid~ 40kk. With this said, the average consumer refuses to pay more than 35kk with a high limit of about 37kk being the top dollar that anybody would pay for orny. The net result of this is similar to a price fixing situation and causes the demand to greatly outnumber the supply. Yes the item costs $xxx but good luck finding one for sale (sound familiar?). The flip side of this means that you could increase the drop rate to some extent while seeing ZERO price change. I also believe you could give it a significant drop rate increase and still maintain a 30kk price point pretty easily. Based on forum activity I would guess that about one orny per month is dropped in gauntlet. There are far more players coming to the server each month than that. Sure, some of those will come and go before ever reaching the point that they can afford an orny, but enough of them stay to create the situation I described above.

Whatever98

Squire
i see where you're coming from and i agree a slight increase would be required to keep the price the same.

but i also dont see any problem with the price going up. i had the same thing with my gladi the other day, guy was buying for 26 mil, i got mine for 22 i think, i told him i would sell him mine if he goes up to 30.
if these people looking for orne added another 5 mil to their bid, up to 40mil, would a current owner sell? possibly, if they upped it to 45, probably. so in high demand situations they can do this. = aggregate price increase from it
when an orne does drop, it's put up for sale, the people who have the 35 mil then bid for it, 2 people have the 35, one will not go to 36, other wont. as this happens more often, price goes up again.

what's wrong with that tho??
it's basically just inflation???

hickman48

Knight
To much negativity over the past week.

Iv got one of each major arty i need from doom cant say that i will or will not go back and farm it up if point system is adjusted. I can honestly say tho that i would like a bump just so players wouldt have to go though what i did and that is after two years of playing i got my first orny cuz someone in another guild dropped their suit at brit gate. This is ofc with me farming doom 1-2 hours a day pretty hard core i did pull artys but nothing better than shadow dancers sadly and i did get an orny drop in doom but this was almost 3 years after starting up on the server.

Whatever98

Squire
Iv got one of each major arty i need from doom cant say that i will or will not go back and farm it up if point system is adjusted. I can honestly say tho that i would like a bump just so players wouldt have to go though what i did and that is after two years of playing i got my first orny cuz someone in another guild dropped their suit at brit gate. This is ofc with me farming doom 1-2 hours a day pretty hard core i did pull artys but nothing better than shadow dancers sadly and i did get an orny drop in doom but this was almost 3 years after starting up on the server.

i was pretty much the same tbh, didn't drop orne for about 3 years, but i didn't mind. made plenty of money from other things to buy any stuff i needed, and when i got orne i was happy to sell it for 33mil i think it was

then i could buy loads of deco, because i had most of the items i needed from farming other things and buying items, like the guy that bought the orne off me did
or i could have built a spawner, pvper, sampire, etc.

sry for negativity, i dont see it that way :/
i defend doom because it's what Calvin was originally built for, and it's what he's best for tbh. it's where i made my fortune.. it's like people make chars designed for champ spawns, how pissed would they be if you came along and proposed to alter champ spawns so they're easy enough to do with any character

im sure there would be a que of people complaining about the devaluation of scrolls and replicas, the amount of gold that would be dropped, etc. i appreciate that, and it's why i dont ask for it.
tho really if anything they should be put up, i mean replicas break! gauntlet artes dont.

Lucifall

Knight
Whatever98, you talk about the long run, but this shard is almost 10 years old. Updates like these were held solely because of a mentality like yours, and look where we stand.

We've lost a ton of players because of lack of systems that would allow them to prosper without slaving. They will still have to work for their stuff, I am not sure why people think they won't have to. The system won't guarantee a rain of ornies, homs and totems.

Whatever98

Squire
Whatever, you talk about the long run, but this shard is almost 10 years old. Updates like these were held solely because of a mentality like yours, and look where we stand.

We've lost a ton of players because of lack of systems that would allow them to prosper without slaving. They will still have to work for their stuff, I am not sure why people think they won't have to. The system won't guarantee a rain of ornies, homs and totems.

the updates were held because of a lack of coders?
regardless of the outcomes of any of this, we should all be infinitely grateful to EOS and his peeps for putting the work in <3

it's not the rain of ornies im worried about, it's the rain of all the other ones and the fact nothing else will be worth anything. which will end up being way worse, because you will get literally nothing until that big pay day. where now you get little/medium pay days up until that big pay day.

hickman48

Knight
Whatever98, you talk about the long run, but this shard is almost 10 years old. Updates like these were held solely because of a mentality like yours, and look where we stand.

Inquis should not be in game cuz i think are imbalanced < from an older staff member this keep at least 48 pairs off the server.

it's like people make chars designed for champ spawns, how pissed would they be if you came along and proposed to alter champ spawns so they're easy enough to do with any character

im sure there would be a que of people complaining about the devaluation of scrolls and replicas

That's not even the same though. Doom will still be same in terms of difficulty just the reward given will be easier to obtain. To make your analogy better it would be like if they increased the drop rate of replicas or made 120's drop more often. So overall it would just mean your character built for the situation will be able to get the reward faster than most others. While the prices will drop you would still be the one capable of profiting the most.

Also who really cares if prices took a dive besides those looking to get richer? You're supposed to play the game and live life not live the game and play life :confused: Not sure about anyone else but if I were new I'd like to spend my time enjoying the game and not grinding for years. Game is far to old for that kind of play style.

Slugworth

Squire
I have everything I need, but it would be nice to see new faces come onto demise. Only way that will happen is if something gets changed to make it easier for new comers. People won't leave because of this they will come. We have lost more people due to lack of content.

Whatever98

Squire
That's not even the same though. Doom will still be same in terms of difficulty just the reward given will be easier to obtain. To make your analogy better it would be like if they increased the drop rate of replicas or made 120's drop more often. So overall it would just mean your character built for the situation will be able to get the reward faster than most others. While the prices will drop you would still be the one capable of profiting the most.

Also who really cares if prices took a dive besides those looking to get richer? You're supposed to play the game and live life not life the game and play life :confused: Not sure about anyone else but if I were new I'd like to spend my time enjoying the game and not grinding for years. Game is far to old for that kind of play style.

depends how you look at it tho, some people like the grind, and the difficulty of doom, IS the grind, the attrition, the patience, the work. that IS a valid form of game play. it's a different form of game play yes, but it's just as valid, and that's what doom is for.

I have everything I need, but it would be nice to see new faces come onto demise. Only way that will happen is if something gets changed to make it easier for new comers. People won't leave because of this they will come. We have lost more people due to lack of content.

permatots? :D
bad time for it now tho... i agree something should be added for this. i just dont think this is where it should be done.

PERSONALLY, i would put on perma tots, and perma cub. O.O

tot's would = good start items for suits, plus if you could hand them in, they'd double up as emblems, so even vet players would want them, to get deco like cherry tree, etc.
same would be true for minor artis, and for the bad greater artis from doom, with emblem prices adjusted accordingly. prices would balance out after a month or 2, new players would have things to farm that vets will buy, so they can buy the items they need.

but if they were gonna do it, they shoulda done it right away when the prices of tots dropped from like 15 mil to like 1mil

Slugworth

Squire
depends how you look at it tho, some people like the grind, and the difficulty of doom, IS the grind, the attrition, the patience, the work. that IS a valid form of game play. it's a different form of game play yes, but it's just as valid, and that's what doom is for.

bad time for it now tho... i agree something should be added for this. i just dont think this is where it should be done.

tot's would = good start items for suits, plus if you could hand them in, they'd double up as emblems, so even vet players would want them, to get deco like cherry tree, etc.
same would be true for minor artis, and for the bad greater artis from doom, with emblem prices adjusted accordingly. prices would balance out after a month or 2, new players would have things to farm that vets will buy, so they can buy the items they need.

but if they were gonna do it, they shoulda done it right away when the prices of tots dropped from like 15 mil to like 1mil
Wouldn't matter if they added tots now, they are so cheap nowa days. Might as well re enable them.

Ortiz

Sorceror
My biggest gripe now I guess is that forcing a pvper to pvm is terrible. New players who want to pvp shouldnt have to pvm. At least not grind the way us older players had to. Faction arties would be a good way to fix this imo.

hickman48

Knight

But this server is going for osi accuracy not what you want or what you fill like would balance the game on osi doom drops are not once a week tots are not on all the time cub is not just quiver and deco.

I am currently doing this on this shard I just started the server a couple weeks ago and heading to doom is virtualy worthless.....

Lucifall

Knight
the updates were held because of a lack of coders?
regardless of the outcomes of any of this, we should all be infinitely grateful to EOS and his peeps for putting the work in <3
We had coders before. Sure, not as active as Eos but they were there. Inquisitor's is a good example of something held because staff thought it was gonna affect the economy and the pvp.

it's not the rain of ornies im worried about, it's the rain of all the other ones and the fact nothing else will be worth anything. which will end up being way worse, because you will get literally nothing until that big pay day. where now you get little/medium pay days up until that big pay day.

Eh, I would get more and would be able to sell more. But to be rather honest, aside from the sacred high tier ones they are already worth jack shit because they are underpowered in comparison to other stuff.

Reximus

Page
20 mil in 80 days is pretty impressive, stick with it and you'll have cc very soon?

Lucifall: 'We've lost a ton of players because of lack of systems that would allow them to prosper without slaving.'

I haven't been playing in those 80 days, I've been slaving, but I have more dedication than 99% of the new players, I think a tonne of new players start but don't continue (wheres those HUG guys I played with when I first started?) because the startup phase is too hard.

I got my friend that I played OSI with to come on, and after being efielded by 3 people when there was 1 of him (I was already dead for a while looking for a healer), the consensus was that it wasn't worth the grind to get started for such bad quality pvp (and you have to admit the pvp here is way more griefy than OSI), when he can just go jump on League of Legends and get a decent fight now (his words, I've never played LoL), so he left.

The doom artifacts should be considered entry level gear because most of it is junk anyway.

It's not like the value of orny's would be seriously affected anyway, I could do with 1 orny now, and switch them between characters, but what I really could do with is 4 of them and not have to switch gear.

I also vote for faction artifacts, my experience on OSI after faction artifacts was nothing but positive, the pvp transitioned from trashy pvp at brit gate to lots of random fighting in dungeons/random places, big battles over holding sigils, etc.

I also vote for faction artifacts, my experience on OSI after faction artifacts was nothing but positive, the pvp transitioned from trashy pvp at brit gate to lots of random fighting in dungeons/random places, big battles over holding sigils, etc.

Sadly faction artifacts wouldn't be a viable option here unless they limited joining of a faction to IP instead of accounts otherwise it will just be a mass point farm fest with people trying to obtain rank 10 since those items are limited to 1 per faction. So instead of pvping to earn points you end up with some guy who sucks farming his alt chars to just afk with the item in luna. I am sure even with strict limitations on joining there will still be a few who can't play without the need to feel special and will still find a way to farm points.

Reximus

Page
Sadly faction artifacts wouldn't be a viable option here unless they limited joining of a faction to IP instead of accounts otherwise it will just be a mass point farm fest with people trying to obtain rank 10 since those items are limited to 1 per faction. So instead of pvping to earn points you end up with some guy who sucks farming his alt chars to just afk with the item in luna. I am sure even with strict limitations on joining there will still be a few who can't play without the need to feel special and will still find a way to farm points.

I remember on OSI you could get 1 point from a player with no points and then that was it *could be wrong, fuzzy memory*, just make it so players with no points give no points, so they can't just kill a new character, they'd have to kill a character thats killed someone.

hickman48

Knight
I remember on OSI you could get 1 point from a player with no points and then that was it *could be wrong, fuzzy memory*, just make it so players with no points give no points, so they can't just kill a new character, they'd have to kill a character thats killed someone.

On run uo servers you give a point till your -4 but only so many points per hour or day.