UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Orb in Luna...

psz

Administrator
Re: The Orb in Luna...

It was mostly a joke and/or confirmation that there's no odd "ctrl-alt" characters involved :-P

Any normal keyboard from... Anywhere in the world I can actively think of can answer the riddle. No uncommon letters/numbers/symbols/characters involved.

jrhather

Wanderer

yes, but now we know that it's using the standard arabic alphabet with no symbols or numbers.

IE: punctuation isn't included., its most likely (99.8% sure) that its an english word.(or phrase)

Cerebus

Wanderer

I was just thinking that inside the riddle, there was a question, which was in a different language

Kowe

Wanderer

I don't get it... how is the answer not pie? I was POSITIVE it was pie.

oh well... back to try drawing board.

bzk90

Lord

can i at least get a "yes, your on the right track" or a "not even close" on whether or not the answer has anything to do with the sun or a solar eclipse or the penumbra or something?

uome

Bug Hunter

All you need to know about the orb is:

Whatever you think the answer is your wrong!!!

psz

Administrator

I figure that in 14 years, I'll sit back and realise it's still not answered :-P

The answer is so easy. Hell, I've seen "variants" of the answer posted a few times and been like "Oooh! They've almost got it!" only to never see anyone actually get it.

Then again, I've seen some answers that have about as much to do with the answer as haggis has to do with quantum physics.

Killem

Wanderer

I just joined the shard, and this is the first thing I noticed...I want to solve it, but it's driving me nuts.

Could someone post the admin given "clues" throughout this thread? I tried reading through but I just can't bring myself to read 80+ pages of posts...

:mad:

Hobomancer

Wanderer

... That 80+ pages bit should be a warning to you... This thing's been here for I honestly don't remember how long, and nobody has managed to solve it out of several hundred people... This most likely means one of three things:

1) It's fiendishly designed so as to be impossible to figure out using any form of rational logic.
2) It's impossible, period.
3) We have a remarkably stupid, illogical, or unimaginative player base.

Personally I'm guessing 1, although the amount of time that has passed while people still try to solve it (Plus a few other things...) are beginning to make me consider 2.

Killem

Wanderer

Everything is solvable.

The GMs wouldn't say "it's very easy" and have that be a lie. There'd be no point, they want it solved. lol

I'm going to give it a shot, but I'd need all the information.

jrhather

Wanderer

You can google the clue and find it on other forums.

And they don't know wtf the answer is.

uome

Bug Hunter

It might be a good idea to read the whole thread but take you time, maybe a couple of pages day but well worth it, there are quite a few good ideas in there.
Theres no rush as i don't think many people are trying it anymore.
My brain used to work properly before i read it all.

I wish you the best of luck with it.

Killem;336314 said:
Could someone post the admin given "clues" throughout this thread?

This reminds me of the infamous "Mistakes were made..." quote.

"Clues were given"...

but no GM has actually admitted to being the guilty party or clarified which of the multiple posts by various GMs actually contain said "clues"...

:eek:

FE

PS The only clue I know about for sure is: "It is very easy really and you will all kick yourselves when you hear the solution".

Killem;336314 said:
I just joined the shard, and this is the first thing I noticed...I want to solve it, but it's driving me nuts.

Could someone post the admin given "clues" throughout this thread? I tried reading through but I just can't bring myself to read 80+ pages of posts...

:mad:
just slit yer wrists now and save yerself some time....

hhehehehe