UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"The Sampire Bible" - Everything you need to know by Sativah

Indika

Sorceror
john's is nice. one of my side sampires uses it and has +49 skill points on total suit and it's really nice for spawns :D I like having 80 chivalry a lot

Craudiator

Sorceror
john's is nice. one of my side sampires uses it and has +49 skill points on total suit and it's really nice for spawns :D I like having 80 chivalry a lot

this is the point :D
i dont have 720 skill points.. i need more points to spend...
i will decrease my dex and put some points in str... need more hp

Craudiator

Sorceror
well.. my gear is almost complete
my resists: 63/81/66/61/70
i can add a cloak +3 phis..
dci 26, hci 45, lmc 16

100/166/65
i will change my int and put some str to raise my hit points

maybe a better sleeves and leggs to raise HP and LMC, and im fine :p

Bravo

Squire
I'd love to get your thoughts on a few things:

I'm not so interested in spawning with a sampire, but I'm always looking for new solo hunting builds for taking on tough mobs. Currently, I have a whammy that uses 120 fencing 120 bush 120 parry. Would it be better to work on making this a flexible character that can switch out skills to make a sampire, or should I build a sampire from scratch?

Do you think the sampire is better for solo opponents than a whammy? I hate using wraith form, so that may be my answer.

How do you feel about short spears if we're going with fencing? I know you are big on specials - but what if I just want to spam lightning strike to rack up perfection?

I am a pretty lazy player (shame on me, I know), meaning I don't like to do a lot of prep or special item carrying when I hunt. What's the best stand-alone template for a solo hunting sampire with the minimum amount of restocking, skill xferring, etc necessary?

Thanks for any of your opinions on this stuff. Great guide.

Indika

Sorceror
I'd love to get your thoughts on a few things:

I'm not so interested in spawning with a sampire, but I'm always looking for new solo hunting builds for taking on tough mobs. Currently, I have a whammy that uses 120 fencing 120 bush 120 parry. Would it be better to work on making this a flexible character that can switch out skills to make a sampire, or should I build a sampire from scratch?

Do you think the sampire is better for solo opponents than a whammy? I hate using wraith form, so that may be my answer.

How do you feel about short spears if we're going with fencing? I know you are big on specials - but what if I just want to spam lightning strike to rack up perfection?

I am a pretty lazy player (shame on me, I know), meaning I don't like to do a lot of prep or special item carrying when I hunt. What's the best stand-alone template for a solo hunting sampire with the minimum amount of restocking, skill xferring, etc necessary?

Thanks for any of your opinions on this stuff. Great guide.

Great questions, I was wondering when Whammy vs Sampire would come up. This could almost be it's own discussion.

As much as I hate to admit this I think the whammy beats sampire in DPS because the mana leech is just too good. Any weapon can spam specials on a whammy and it's great. The downside is you still have to heal yourself.

Sampire's survivalbility is much greater than a whammy. And heals itself so it is a lot less invasive to play vs a whammy.

You can honestly go hands free with a sampire without easy uo or scripts.

I think short spears are weak because of the special arguement. If you're ok with spamming lightning strike then it might not be too bad I just advise using specials because without whirlwind or AI or double strike it seems hard to keep up enough hit points, depending on what you're fighting.

What functions will this character have if not champ spawns? Solo hunting, doom, peerless?

Bravo

Squire
Great questions, I was wondering when Whammy vs Sampire would come up. This could almost be it's own discussion.

As much as I hate to admit this I think the whammy beats sampire in DPS because the mana leech is just too good. Any weapon can spam specials on a whammy and it's great. The downside is you still have to heal yourself.

Sampire's survivalbility is much greater than a whammy. And heals itself so it is a lot less invasive to play vs a whammy.

You can honestly go hands free with a sampire without easy uo or scripts.

I think short spears are weak because of the special arguement. If you're ok with spamming lightning strike then it might not be too bad I just advise using specials because without whirlwind or AI or double strike it seems hard to keep up enough hit points, depending on what you're fighting.

What functions will this character have if not champ spawns? Solo hunting, doom, peerless?
Yeah, looking at doom and peerless-type things or just tough paragons. So, at 100 SS, it looks like you leech 20% of damage as mana in wraith form. I suppose that means I need to be spamming AIs or something to deal enough damage. I was considering using a kryss with no shield - maybe one with HLL so I wouldn't have to rely on CW. Would a double bladed staff or pike be a better choice? Not sure what to burn hammers on. I have Pacify as well, which I guess could be good in vamp form?

Indika

Sorceror
double bladed staff is overall the best DPS weapon for fencing due to double strike.
long spear is probably the second best choice for AI.

both weapons are 2 handed to benefit from bushido + parry.

kryss might be cool too :p

HLL might be good but it would need to be very high to proc it enough to stay alive without healing or CW. it actually interests me.

pacify isn't too good because the dps is low and the specials suck. none of the replica weapons are good for samps.

my archer (Indika) is actually a wraith form archer. I have 40% LMC and 50 mana and I can AI every single hit.

Craudiator

Sorceror
double bladed staff is overall the best DPS weapon for fencing due to double strike.
long spear is probably the second best choice for AI.

both weapons are 2 handed to benefit from bushido + parry.

kryss might be cool too :p

HLL might be good but it would need to be very high to proc it enough to stay alive without healing or CW. it actually interests me.

pacify isn't too good because the dps is low and the specials suck. none of the replica weapons are good for samps.

my archer (Indika) is actually a wraith form archer. I have 40% LMC and 50 mana and I can AI every single hit.

my archer is a wraith too :D
i can stay in this form using scrolls, with no necro skill

DamaGeR

Sorceror
120 sword
120 bush
120 takt
120 parry
60 chiv
99 nekro

AND HERE IS MY QUESTION
Last skil is: Anatomy or Resist? :>
Or maybe ss for better life leech?

Indika

Sorceror
i go into explanation of skills. resist is best honestly because para, mana leech, mana vamp, curse all really suck. not to mention blood oath :)

u do enough damage with tactics and 0 anatomy, resist is the best route unless what your fighting does not cast magic :p

Tomalos

Wanderer
Hello! I am one of these people that made Sampire as their first character...and...I love it! Can't really kill anything tough but still, having a lot of fun (maybe not when I am hitting ronins for 10) :)
The gear that I am wearing is not even near the endgame but I am progressing and I keep farming. I've been reading your guide A LOT and I already know that I will eventually have to replace Fey Leggings and Aegis of Grace for some HCI stuff maybe, but right now I think these are the best things I am wearing.
Anyways, this is my gear and stats: http://imgur.com/0YlOBdV <-- everything from screenshots + Fey Leggings + Aegis of Grace and Soul Seeker.
And my question is: what should I replace first?
I already have 100k farmed in my bank, maybe today I will get to 150k or 200k, what should I buy for that?
And btw. Soul Seeker's special ability is not working ? It just activates (goes red) and does nothing at all.

Thanks for your reply! Great guide!

Bravo

Squire
And btw. Soul Seeker's special ability is not working ? It just activates (goes red) and does nothing at all.
Thanks for your reply! Great guide!
Are you lightning striking? Activating LS deactivates weapon special moves (only do one or the other).