UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO:Demise - The Great Identity Crisis

Aeolus

Sorceror
Re: Do the UO:Demise Staff PvP?

jmaster;406797 said:
no human can mini heal through two mages spamming harm on him. no one. (shadow/kagatuti).
Why not? If I remember correctly, 1st circle spells can't be interupted- ever.

Aeolus

Sorceror

Hyphy Train;406803 said:
Then your memory cells are lacking.
I'm almost certain that this was the case at some point in UO history, but maybe that has changed.

jmaster

Sorceror

you can fizzle anything, but 1 harm overpowers 1 miniheal, so a typical mage spamming healing while i harm+ bleed, would die. but these guys live with two men harming + bleed.

Insomniac-

Sorceror

I dont even know those rw/tw guys, but...
lol mini heal hacking is obviously the greatest hack in UO

harm is? 10ish dmg?
120 eval mini heals are? +20?

so yea, LOL@U

and if staff pvpd, u'd think they would actually fix the bugs that plague pvp...

DarkSaionji

Sorceror

Or perhaps they would work on one project at a time and do what is best for the shard in their expert opinions.

---FK

Tempest

Knight

Insomniac-;406809 said:

harm is? 10ish dmg?

so yea, LOL@U

and if staff pvpd, u'd think they would actually fix the bugs that plague pvp...

Harm hits 13-15 with 120 Eval, 100 Scribe, 15 sdi, 130-150 Int. Assuming your opponent has 60 cold.

Mini heal on yourself heals for 11(rare occasions) - 15(rare occasions) with 120 Magery. It only passes the 15 dmg threshold when you`re mini healing another player, which can reach 20 dmg, give or take a few hp.

jmaster

Sorceror

Insomniac-;406809 said:

harm is? 10ish dmg?

so yea, LOL@U

you obviously don't pvp that much, or play a dexxer or something, to think that you can heal 20 dmg with 1 miniheal. that's just fricken absurd. i'm 115 mage and i usually heal 10-11 a pop.
* edit*- tempest beat me too it.

Aeolus

Sorceror

Hyphy Train;406814 said:
Harm hits 13-15 with 120 Eval, 100 Scribe, 15 sdi, 130-150 Int. Assuming your opponent has 60 cold.

Mini heal on yourself heals for 11(rare occasions) - 15(rare occasions) with 120 Magery. It only passes the 15 dmg threshold when you`re mini healing another player, which can reach 20 dmg, give or take a few hp.
But harm is affected by distance too- at 3 tiles away it only does 25% damage so distance plays a huge factor there.

Tempest

Knight

Aeolus;406817 said:
But harm is affected by distance too- at 3 tiles away it only does 25% damage so distance plays a huge factor there.

Yes, nobody harms 3 tiles away.

Anyone that`s PvP`d before knows to harm when you`re right next to your opponent.

Of course we assume that everyone knows the mechanics of the spells they cast to utilize them to their fullest.

Aeolus

Sorceror

Hyphy Train;406821 said:
Yes, nobody harms 3 tiles away.

Anyone that`s PvP`d before knows to harm when you`re right next to your opponent.

Of course we assume that everyone knows the mechanics of the spells they cast to utilize them to their fullest.
I found this on Stratics- not sure if it's outdated or not or if it even applies on Demise but...
And don't overlook the value of the 1st-circle Healing spell. It cannot be interrupted, uses very little mana, and can sometimes mean the difference between life and death.
I was thinking it was all first circle spells, but maybe it was just Heal. Here is a link to the article.

Serenity

Wanderer

Yes, every server wars.
And my pet bunny "pwnzers all u nubs" (did i say that correctly? not too clued up on pvpspeak :/)

Some very interesting responses here...

I was under the impression that Staff WERE allowed to play regular characters; which I find to hardly be a conflict of interest.

What better way to understand the player base then to become a part of it?

Solid Snake style.

Aeolus;406824 said:
I found this on Stratics- not sure if it's outdated or not or if it even applies on Demise but...
I was thinking it was all first circle spells, but maybe it was just Heal. Here is a link to the article.

If Mini-heals were uninterruptable no one would die.

cuattamu

Knight

Ferris;406763 said:
Yeah, it does sound fun, but I'd rather be accused of HAXES for legitimate reasons.

TBH Ferris, Spawn yourself a suit (Nothing crazy but something playable.) and try the pvp. If not, I will put together a suit for you. The reason why I say this is, you'll get a much better feel of what the pvp is like. You'll see why people are complaining. Maybe it'll prompt some need changes to the pvp atmosphere.

p01n7e

Sorceror

LOL @ everyone pretending to know jack shit about playing a mage .. you just lost all credibility on any past and/or future arguments you might make.
(that means Hyphy too, although he's pretty much right)

Aeolus

Sorceror

a-e-i-Own-you;406850 said:
If Mini-heals were uninterruptable no one would die.
Ok, this is from Spell.cs
Code:
        public void Disturb( DisturbType type, bool firstCircle, bool resistable )
        {
            if ( !CheckDisturb( type, firstCircle, resistable ) )
                return;

if ( m_State == SpellState.Casting )
            {
                if( !firstCircle && !Core.AOS && this is MagerySpell &&  ((MagerySpell)this).Circle == SpellCircle.First )
                    return;

m_State = SpellState.None;
                m_Caster.Spell = null;

OnDisturb( type, true );

if ( m_CastTimer != null )
                    m_CastTimer.Stop();

if ( m_AnimTimer != null )
                    m_AnimTimer.Stop();

if ( Core.AOS && m_Caster.Player && type == DisturbType.Hurt )
                    DoHurtFizzle();

m_Caster.NextSpellTime = DateTime.Now + GetDisturbRecovery();
            }
That looks to me like first circle mage spells can't be disturbed- or maybe it means they can be disturbed if AOS is enabled (which Demise obviously is.) Maybe Drakull or someone with more expertise in this area could give a definitive answer. That would make what I said true- that at some point in UO's history, 1st circle spells couldn't be disturbed. I'm pretty sure I'm not nuts... pretty sure...

p01n7e;406857 said:
LOL @ everyone pretending to know jack shit about playing a mage .. you just lost all credibility on any past and/or future arguments you might make.
(that means Hyphy too, although he's pretty much right)

'Cause you were ever any good.

Wait, no you weren't...

p01n7e

Sorceror

I was. I like to think i still am (i still play occasionally). That doesn't change the fact that you proved yourself a mindless face-across-the-kbd rolling zombie, since you CAN'T play a mage and not know what the MOST USED spells are affected by.

Please, i've said this before and i'll say it again - if you're american and you play a mage, like to think that you're the best (always the case), sit the fuck down, you're not, 9999/10000 times. As this might seem like a racial remark, i like to point out that i haven't seen a single non-american player as cocky as they are, plus - others could actually back their statements up to an extent.. I know puberty doesn't go away untill you're, like, 25 and it's hard but try & keep your egocentric thoughts to yourselves. Thanks.

*edit* - Canadians too o.0 <3 Eby, that doesn't apply to you.