UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO:Demise - The Great Identity Crisis

Aeolus

Sorceror
Re: Do the UO:Demise Staff PvP?

p01n7e;406872 said:
I was. I like to think i still am (i still play occasionally). That doesn't change the fact that you proved yourself a mindless face-across-the-kbd rolling zombie, since you CAN'T play a mage and not know what the MOST USED spells are affected by.

Please, i've said this before and i'll say it again - if you're american and you play a mage, like to think that you're the best (always the case), sit the fuck down, you're not, 9999/10000 times. As this might seem like a racial remark, i like to point out that i haven't seen a single non-american player as cocky as they are, plus - others could actually back their statements up to an extent.. I know puberty doesn't go away untill you're, like, 25 and it's hard but try & keep your egocentric thoughts to yourselves. Thanks.

*edit* - Canadians too o.0 <3 Eby, that doesn't apply to you.
I play a mage and don't trash talk. I'm an American. There are plenty of other Mages played by Americans too that don't trash talk. Trash talk is an indulgence of immaturity. Maybe the reason it seems that so many Americans trash talk here is because the player base here is predominantly American. Maybe?

p01n7e

Sorceror

Aeolus;406875 said:
I play a mage and don't trash talk. I'm an American. There are plenty of other Mages played by Americans too that don't trash talk. Trash talk is an indulgence of immaturity. Maybe the reason it seems that so many Americans trash talk here is because the player base here is predominantly American. Maybe?

Clearly you didn't read what i had to say. There were several other conditions other than being an american. Being a mage & thinking you're the best, namely.

Aeolus

Sorceror

p01n7e;406876 said:
Clearly you didn't read what i had to say. There were several other conditions other than being an american. Being a mage & thinking you're the best, namely.
Yeah, I got it. I was merely pointing out that dumb-asses come from all ethnic groups and nationalities. It just seems like there are a lot of American trash talkers here because most of the players here are American. I don't know where you live but think about the kids there- now imagine 300 of them logged onto Demise 24/7. Do you really think they'd behave differently than American kids?

Aeolus

Sorceror

I'm done... though I'm still hoping someone will clear up the 1st circle spell disturbing question. My C# skills are crappy at best.

I dunno what the rest of the staff does but I know when we were working on the Cold as Ice story.. checking out the prismatic dungeon as soon as Server War started McFly ran around pwning people with his fishing pole.. it was entertaining to say the least.

Aeolus

Sorceror

What's the deal with McFly's fishing pole? I've heard people referencing quite a few times but I've never seen it.

GM Nestor

Sorceror

I don't know but a few server wars ago I had fun with a Normal Fishing pole myself :)

Some people in Luna weren't too happy about it, but I had a blast, it let go of some frustration :D

But some actually played with me and managed to drop me a bit more than 1/4 health...

And I don't PvP, I'm too lazy, I simply make a macro for [kill ;)

Aeolus

Sorceror

CNS Nestor;406910 said:
I don't know but a few server wars ago I had fun with a Normal Fishing pole myself :)

Some people in Luna weren't too happy about it, but I had a blast, it let go of some frustration :D

But some actually played with me and managed to drop me a bit more than 1/4 health...

And I don't PvP, I'm too lazy, I simply make a macro for [kill ;)
Can you actually use a fishing pole as a weapon?

rilose

Page

Well back to the original question about staff paying as PvP... I don't have a clue what staff on Demise play or who doesn't play so I can't add anything on that question. However as having previous experience as a Head Admin of a shard for 5 years I personally have seen staff member that did play and staff members that didn't play, and personally I think people are ALOT better staff when they do play! I personally don't see the conflict of interest due to the fact that their accounts player/staff are totally separate with different user names and different passwords. So it's not like they can simply turn on and off their powers when they need them. But the main reason I prefer staff playing is the simply reason hat they then have a vested interest in the game! When they play the usually care a lot more about the stability of the world and the players within. So I personally don't see any problem with and would encourage staff to play, but there are some fine staff that doesn't play and help out as staff simply because they care. Either way don't think any of them get $Rich$ off being on staff so they do it cause they care about the game and the players. WTG staff :)

rilose;406936 said:
Well back to the original question about staff paying as PvP... I don't have a clue what staff on Demise play or who doesn't play so I can't add anything on that question. However as having previous experience as a Head Admin of a shard for 5 years I personally have seen staff member that did play and staff members that didn't play, and personally I think people are ALOT better staff when they do play! I personally don't see the conflict of interest due to the fact that their accounts player/staff are totally separate with different user names and different passwords. So it's not like they can simply turn on and off their powers when they need them. But the main reason I prefer staff playing is the simply reason hat they then have a vested interest in the game! When they play the usually care a lot more about the stability of the world and the players within. So I personally don't see any problem with and would encourage staff to play, but there are some fine staff that doesn't play and help out as staff simply because they care. Either way don't think any of them get $Rich$ off being on staff so they do it cause they care about the game and the players. WTG staff :)

Yes, and by playing as players, staff can also identify bugs and such much easier.

Besides having fun ^^

Ferris

Page

cuattamu;406854 said:
TBH Ferris, Spawn yourself a suit (Nothing crazy but something playable.) and try the pvp. If not, I will put together a suit for you. The reason why I say this is, you'll get a much better feel of what the pvp is like. You'll see why people are complaining. Maybe it'll prompt some need changes to the pvp atmosphere.

No can do, spawning suits is cheating, and if I take items from someone they might think we are friends or something. I don't cheat, and I don't take favors, gifts or whatever else you might want to call them. If and when I decide to make a new character, I will do it on my own. I'll PvP again, that's for sure.