UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOG: Divinity... What's the Big Fuss About?

Re: UOG: Divinity... What's the Big Fuss About?

KarmannSport;1615680 said:
Then they must have been introduced REEEEEAAL early cause I started playing OSI in may of 98 and horses were already in.

I think some people confuse IPY with old school.

ebicurry

Wanderer

LeGiOn-hybrid;1615549 said:
Damn shame really.. If some of those changes made on Divinity where made on hybrid we wouldn't be seeing the population drop off that we are.

as far as I can see hybrid flourishes as always, no available housing spots, idocs that are far off where people play get camped and there are always around 1 k people on. I don't know but I am pretty happy with the way hybrid is.

Jacques!

Sorceror

All the cool players who are too good for us moved to Divinity

After all this server is dominated by roving bands of MS/EQ n00bs

ebicurry;1615830 said:
as far as I can see hybrid flourishes as always, no available housing spots, idocs that are far off where people play get camped and there are always around 1 k people on. I don't know but I am pretty happy with the way hybrid is.

But on the other hand dungeons are all but empty. Old PvP hot spots are ghost towns.

Some changes to hybrid definitely needs to come about and most of them are simple basic crap.. The PvM system mainly.. Dungeon revamps/Monster damage revamps (casting mobs are too uber) ect.. ect.. And get those damn red healers out of all the best PvM/Taming spots...

That new save system divinity has is also bad ass.. 0 stoppage pwns..

Also hate to say it but that pk can't res system they are putting in seems to be a good idea.

xRENEGADEx

Wanderer

Tbh divinity has been a lot more fun then hybrid has ever been. Even if I am poor and can't have teh sweet neon sandals, its all good. This server has a lot of cool people, and theres not so many pk's.. but the thing is that all the pks good are either ok to fucking good at pvp.

Plus its just a funny server. Tonight we had about 30 new players wearing red robes running from dungeon to dungeon pking pks! lol!

Winged

Wanderer

Hybrid is fine. The problems are the rich. They need to move on to divinity and screw that up too lol. Before that though, red healers in pvm dungeons (as already pointed)? Reds in towns? But it gets worse.

Here we go: People having 9 accounts FULL OF HOUSES and mean BIG ASS plots, oh and bragging about it ingame! Have you noticed no matter how many iDOCs per second we have there are no avaiable free spots to place? It's so simple and easy to cheat, static ip will change from time to time and voila, you can create another 4 accounts. Who is controling this? I find it hard to believe someone would have a whole account of characters named "owner_(1 2 3 4 5)" if he was limited to 4. What does this do? Well, people will have to pay these pixel economic mogols 4x or 5x the "market" price for a plot. Don't think it's that bad? Look at the ammount of plots not decorated, just bare naked waiting to get sold. A quick look at the forums tell you it's always the same people selling these.

Ok before you start saying i'm here bitching again about something, there are also many good things about hybrid:
1) the pvp rocks, it has some variety and still people wonder whats the best build and every build has downfalls whether it's price of vulnerabilities to other builds.
2) dispite some people being too rich the economy for the most part is still dynamic and you can get whatever you want easy IF YOU USE THE FORUMS. thank you poker for taking some of that money out of the economy.
3)

lolzao

Sorceror

Winged;1615859 said:
Hybrid is fine. The problems are the rich. They need to move on to divinity and screw that up too lol. Before that though, red healers in pvm dungeons (as already pointed)? Reds in towns? But it gets worse.

Here we go: People having 9 accounts FULL OF HOUSES and mean BIG ASS plots, oh and bragging about it ingame! Have you noticed no matter how many iDOCs per second we have there are no avaiable free spots to place? It's so simple and easy to cheat, static ip will change from time to time and voila, you can create another 4 accounts. Who is controling this? I find it hard to believe someone would have a whole account of characters named "owner_(1 2 3 4 5)" if he was limited to 4. What does this do? Well, people will have to pay these pixel economic mogols 4x or 5x the "market" price for a plot. Don't think it's that bad? Look at the ammount of plots not decorated, just bare naked waiting to get sold. A quick look at the forums tell you it's always the same people selling these.

Ok before you start saying i'm here bitching again about something, there are also many good things about hybrid:
1) the pvp rocks, it has some variety and still people wonder whats the best build and every build has downfalls whether it's price of vulnerabilities to other builds.
2) dispite some people being too rich the economy for the most part is still dynamic and you can get whatever you want easy IF YOU USE THE FORUMS. thank you poker for taking some of that money out of the economy.
3)

very nice post =]

welkopole

Sorceror

Originally Posted by KarmannSport
WHy do people keep saying no mounts is oldschool? UO ALWAYS had mounts.

NexAFT;1615563 said:
no it didnt

For the record, UO has always had mounts from day one, they were very costly to buy from the stables (if you were lucky enough to find one for sale at the stables) and even more rare to find in the wild. There was no bonding at the time so when it got killed that was it.
Horses only at first, then lamas after t2a. But they have always been there.

welkopole;1615931 said:
For the record, UO has always had mounts from day one, they were very costly to buy from the stables (if you were lucky enough to find one for sale at the stables) and even more rare to find in the wild. There was no bonding at the time so when it got killed that was it.
Horses only at first, then lamas after t2a. But they have always been there.

I always thought there were ALWAYS horses....they were just uber rare. You made it a point to kill them once you killed a player.

Twisted Arm;1615961 said:
I always thought there were ALWAYS horses....they were just uber rare. You made it a point to kill them once you killed a player.

They weren't that uber rare it was just for the most part pointless for anything other then role playing. They actually lagged u a bit so being on foot was better. They also made u a bigger target so before there was "last target" you would definitely be getting hit first and a lot..

Mark

Knight

There isn't as much overlap in the people playing Hybrid and Divinity as you might think.

Hybrid isn't going anywhere.

welkopole

Sorceror

LeGiOn-hybrid;1615966 said:
They weren't that uber rare it was just for the most part pointless for anything other then role playing. They actually lagged u a bit so being on foot was better. They also made u a bigger target so before there was "last target" you would definitely be getting hit first and a lot..

lol yea, 97 UO gave my P133 mhz, 16megs of ram and 28.8 connection all it could handle:D

If you could use playuo in Divinity I would join because tbh, I'm getting tired of the way things are in Hybrid.

Winged

Wanderer

Rikomi-hybrid;1616012 said:
If you could use playuo in Divinity I would join because tbh, I'm getting tired of the way things are in Hybrid.

And it never occured to you Playuo, with all due respect to the hard work behind it, is part of the reason Hybrid is the way it is at least it has "something" to do with the way group fights are handled. 2vs2 Razor team vs Playuo team, who wins? Tick tick.

Calamity

Wanderer

Winged;1616013 said:
2vs2 Razor team vs Playuo team, who wins? Tick tick.

So long as both parties are using vent, PlayUO doesn't give you any obvious advantage.

Keeblar

Sorceror

divinity is a fresh start and just what i needed to stay active tbh

Winged

Wanderer

Calamity;1616035 said:
So long as both parties are using vent, PlayUO doesn't give you any obvious advantage.

On the risk ofbeing banned (joke) i have to disagree. I've seen some 2vs2 in the del arena before and after playuo. Before playuo the battle would finish very quickly because people wouldn't know who the target for a spell was. This single detail makes a world of a difference as you can imagine. The bigger the group, the larger this difference is. Anyway as i was saying, after playuo came in, group battles in the arena lasted for hours literally with =ly skilled players. The effect is people who like to JUST pvp will use plaUO. People who like to roleplay or pvm or helping others out, or decorating a nice place or hunting in dungeons with friends will perfer razor for it's organizing capability, compability with UOAutomap, and the agents (sell, buy, restock). It happens these will also like to pvp from time to time without having to change clients for each task you understand. Imagine i want to bring over a friend to the shard.

-"So do i need a client? Where do i get it, the main page link is broken" (this was 4 months ago, if you fixed this, i'm truely sorry)
-"Well, what do you want to do? you can connect tru razor or uogateway or playuo. then you log on each of your 4 accounts using which client you see fit for a given situation"
-"Right... How's that divinity shard like again?"

Note: Mr"I've_been_banned_from_all_previous_shards_i_played_just_bcause_i_own"
(that really would be his pk character name) would still b happy to join hybrid and would add:

-"how about injection? can i do that legaly?"
-"No"
-"lawl, see u ingame"

Having two or more clients on the same shard kinda divides the shard in 2 in my oppinion. Think about it, how good would playuo be if everyone had it? Not such an advantage huh, in the same way an aimbot program would be in a fps if everyone have it.

Keeblar;1616038 said:
divinity is a fresh start and just what i needed to stay active tbh

Yeah, I think it had a lot to do with a fresh start.. until you realize there is 200+ people who played prior who already have lots of money in the bank.. Then it is no longer such a fresh start. heh

byrdman

Sorceror

Winged;1616013 said:
And it never occured to you Playuo, with all due respect to the hard work behind it, is part of the reason Hybrid is the way it is at least it has "something" to do with the way group fights are handled. 2vs2 Razor team vs Playuo team, who wins? Tick tick.

The problems people are having with hybrid were here well before play uo became allowed again.