UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOGamers Movie: IC October 10, 2004

JasonU

Wanderer
People look at Krrios Client as cheap cause it makes PvP that much easier. Much like how alot of mages look at dexers as cheap cause they are easy to play. Same concept.

It may not auto chug for you, but you can set a key for "Smart Potion" You can hit one key and it will use a cure potion if your posioned, it will use a heal potion if your damaged.

You can set Krrios Client to not allow you to cast a heal spell if your posioned. Where regular clients and Razor clients have to wait for the normal spell timer if you cast heal while poisioned, Krrios will auto cancel your spell and you can cast cure right after with no delay.

You can see inside houses from outside with Krrios client and you can use locked down containers inside a house from outside the house. I was filling potions 5 tiles away from my house with last object key. You can throw pots more accurately than razor cause with smooth walk the timer doesn't seem to lag like it does on razor there fore letting you time it alot easier. There are mount and dismount macro's. Smart Targets....etc. The list goes on.

Does it make you more effective on the battle field and in duels? Yes of course, its got short cuts all over the place.

Does it make PvPing alot easier than using a regular client or Razor? Yes of course it does.

Which is why some old schoolers frown upon using the client cause it takes much of the challege out of PvP and looked upon as lame and cheap.

dsayes

Wanderer
took the words right out of my mouth rajuncajun

but beside from most of ic using short cuts with the krios client. they are a bigg ass guild. they took over our base the SL faction v.s. IC and they won... well, half of the peps recalled out when ic rushed (damn newbies) but we still wouldnt have been able to defend against them. the clan is to big for this server im willin to bet u guys dont have much competition. its like runn up, hit the key that auto-targets the nearest enemy (which is cheap if u ask me) and run each person down with 5 to 1 odds. effecient killing? yes, yes it is. can any newb run and kill with the ic squad ? yup, n e newb can do what they do.

strtrk

Wanderer
I swear, some of you retards get more retarded with time. Do you guys got alzheimers or something? I thought we were supposed to be nothing without our guards? This further complaining only proves that you're all alot stupider than you sound.

An awful lot of people are being stupid and jealous about what IC does. It's not our fault that some of you are so anti social that you cant even learn how to make some friends in a video game. If you got ganked, that's cuz you're lacking 2 things, friends and organization.

KUOC is available to everyone. It's your own fault if you live in the stone age and your computer can't handle it. Razor does everything KUOC does with the exception of a few very minor things. It shows you the location of your party members on the map (anyone with UOAM can do that) It announces what your casting and what you're targeting (anyone with a voice chat program could do that too). KUOC crashes all the time too, Razor is way more stable and friendly to your resources.

You're all obviously just mad that you get owned on a consistant basis and you're too fucking stupid to problem solve a way to compete against us. And that's ok, I'm sure I'd be mad if I sucked as well. Just don't bring it here, it's really pathetic.

JasonU

Wanderer
I will give it to IC, they have managed to organize, to a certian degree, a guild the size of one we are normally used to seeing as a powerhouse on OSI. With a much smaller pool of people to choose from too I might add. I have no problem giving IC props for being able to pull that many people together on a shard that, for the most part, are a bunch of fickle, egotisticle, big headed, and stubborn people.

There are people who have multiple PvP characters in different factions and PvP on the faction character that has the most friendlys on. There are people that put aside petty differences inside a faction to work for a common goal (i.e. sigil guards, sigil raids, and faction raids). I've seen faction members turn on fellow faction members for no other reason than they went grey. I have been dry looted by a fellow faction member that was in my party.

And I hold that in comparison to my faction experience on OSI. Where people didn't guild hop every week. Where dozens of faction guilds got together and put aside disputes they had between eachother to stay up for 24 hours guarding sigils. Where another faction member would use thier last count to PK someone who started attacking you cause you accidently went grey, instead of looted you dry.

So to IC, great job on keeping these guys together and organized.

I will disagree about the KUOC. Yes everyone has access to it, but it is a matter of prefrence. Some people play here to relive the old UO PvP experience...when you had to target people, when you had to make sure you hit the right potion key in the heat of battle, to make sure you hit cure instead of greater heal in the heat of battle. When you would bait a person out of thier house to kill them instead of seeing right through the the house walls to target them with spells. And others play play to win, at every cost afforded to them. And that is just something that both sides will have to agree to disagree on.

IC has challenged the rest of the shard to do something about thier overwhelming numbers. I personally welcome the challege. For those complaining that the PvP scene has been stagnat, here is your chance to do something about it. Your chance to bring people together for massive 10 v 10 battles some of us are familiar with on OSI. And I look forward to that day when I get to relive that old UO experience.

Sajvo-hybrid

Wanderer
rajuncajun2207 said:
I will give it to IC, they have managed to organize, to a certian degree, a guild the size of one we are normally used to seeing as a powerhouse on OSI. With a much smaller pool of people to choose from too I might add. I have no problem giving IC props for being able to pull that many people together on a shard that, for the most part, are a bunch of fickle, egotisticle, big headed, and stubborn people.

There are people who have multiple PvP characters in different factions and PvP on the faction character that has the most friendlys on. There are people that put aside petty differences inside a faction to work for a common goal (i.e. sigil guards, sigil raids, and faction raids). I've seen faction members turn on fellow faction members for no other reason than they went grey. I have been dry looted by a fellow faction member that was in my party.

And I hold that in comparison to my faction experience on OSI. Where people didn't guild hop every week. Where dozens of faction guilds got together and put aside disputes they had between eachother to stay up for 24 hours guarding sigils. Where another faction member would use thier last count to PK someone who started attacking you cause you accidently went grey, instead of looted you dry.

So to IC, great job on keeping these guys together and organized.

I will disagree about the KUOC. Yes everyone has access to it, but it is a matter of prefrence. Some people play here to relive the old UO PvP experience...when you had to target people, when you had to make sure you hit the right potion key in the heat of battle, to make sure you hit cure instead of greater heal in the heat of battle. When you would bait a person out of thier house to kill them instead of seeing right through the the house walls to target them with spells. And others play play to win, at every cost afforded to them. And that is just something that both sides will have to agree to disagree on.

IC has challenged the rest of the shard to do something about thier overwhelming numbers. I personally welcome the challege. For those complaining that the PvP scene has been stagnat, here is your chance to do something about it. Your chance to bring people together for massive 10 v 10 battles some of us are familiar with on OSI. And I look forward to that day when I get to relive that old UO experience.

can we get a amen?

ps cajun what server you from? used to have a friend that had a similar sn of yours

Kumba[IC]

Wanderer
Sir Elton John said:
and there use to be a special version of kuoc i know that for a fact and im sure there still is so not all versions are open to me!

Where is this version?? I dont have it. Who does? Krrios? If its krrios then heaven forbid he made a newer version of the client to test before he releases it.

Kumba[IC]

Wanderer
terathan33 said:
I'ts been confirmed IC has KUOC that auto chugs, and cast spells for you.. ic sucks.. learn to pvp with out your clients

rofl, i rocked your world while using razor and using kuoc. Auto Chugs? Ive yet to see this feature on my Newest version of the client. The one advantage of kuoc over razor is its looting feature.....nothing more.

JasonU

Wanderer
I was in W@R on Pacific. We had a guild similar to IC, in some respects, to deal with. Mainl similarity is that they were a huge guild that everyone loved to hate and allways caused a rucus on the field. And as much as everyone loved to hate those guys, they were a neccissary evil in the PvP scene and brought together a bunch of smaller guilds in effort to take them down. Those guys were complete assholes, but damnit they made the game fun. heh

rajuncajun2207 said:
I was in W@R on Pacific. We had a guild similar to IC, in some respects, to deal with. Mainl similarity is that they were a huge guild that everyone loved to hate and allways caused a rucus on the field.

WTf w@r wasnt shit ever on pac the only time they ever caused a rucus was when 90% where runic spear weilding noobs and they still got tehre ass handed to them 3 on 8 dayly by guilds like mine TL and Opp and hell even MNX

JasonU

Wanderer
There are actually a few more things that KUOC can do that Razor doesn't do.
  • Mount / Dismount Macro
  • Smart Potion
  • Inability to cast Heal Spell while poisioned

The Mount/Dismount Macro comes into play when bola hit th scene, both for the thrower and the bola'd. Main objective when bola'd is to get back mounted and roll out before the rest of the pack gets a chance to cast on you. Obviously this macro helps tons.

Smart Potion makes it where you can set 1 key up to drink cure if your poisioned or heal if your damaged

The biggest is is proably the inability to cast a heal spell while poisioned. With Razor, if your poisioned and cast a Greater Heal, you have to wait for the spell timer for GH so you can cancel and cast cure. On Krrios, if you cast GH while poisioned, it will automaticly cancel the spell and let you cast cure right after.

There are a few other short cuts and "convienences" over Razor and the Original Client that might have only a minimal effect on PvP, but those mentioned above are the biggest advantages given to KUOC users.

Razor(UOA with a twist) users will point the finger at KUOC users and say Razor users get more skilled and valid kills. KUOC(Razor on juice) will point the finger at Razor users and say KUOC users get MORE kills. Both KUOC and Razor aren't going anywhere on this shard and its something both sides will have to agree to disagree on. All the bitching and complaining about KUOC will not make it go away or make the users of it feel cheap in thier kills. All the bitching and complaing about Razor users not adapting will not take away the view that a kill in Razor vs KUOC was a kill that took more skill or awareness to achieve.

JasonU

Wanderer
Adreniline,

If you'd re read my post, you would see that I wasn't talking about W@R on Pacific as the guild i was comparing IC to. I was infact refering to OPP. While many that knew and fought with and agianst OPP on Pac would argue that OPP were more individually skilled and did more with what was given to them than IC..(I would be one of those people), the point I was making was that OPP was one of the larger guilds on the server and was very good at organization and was one of those guilds that made you think "Okay time to bring our A game" I was comparing OPP to IC in the fact that IC is the guild that everyone loves to hate at the moment (Much like OPP was on Pac), and the fact that because smaller opposing guilds had a hard time taking them down, it forced those smaller guilds to ban together to accomplish a common goal. That of which UOGamers is missing right now.

Secondly, I wish that I had an old screen shot of our avg guild skill list back in the day. The majority of our guild were mages. After OSI put in the patch that allowed you to cast without holding a spell book, most of our pure dexers went fencer hybrids, because they were much more effective on the field than a all out dexer. Reason we went fencing, obviously, is because the para blow was the most effective special hit out of all the other melee weapons to stop the GM runners and speedhackers. And that while a few members had item blessed vanq spears and most of war usually hunted with high end magic fencing weapons, we never had possesion of runics. If we did, they were force at best. Although OPP, Mnx and the whole Minax faction did have possesion of both Agipite and Valorite faction weapons, as my memory serves me correct.

And even with that, there were many occasions that W@R stood thier ground agianst OPP and won the battles, just as there were occasions that W@R ended up on the short hand of the stick. Regardless of that, W@R was a force to be reconed with, while we were SL and while we were TB. Never claiming to be the best, we were a presence in both those factions and was one of the main contributers in the faction group effort for sigil guards, and raids.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
rajuncajun2207 said:
There are actually a few more things that KUOC can do that Razor doesn't do.
  • Mount / Dismount Macro
  • Smart Potion
  • Inability to cast Heal Spell while poisioned

The Mount/Dismount Macro comes into play when bola hit th scene, both for the thrower and the bola'd. Main objective when bola'd is to get back mounted and roll out before the rest of the pack gets a chance to cast on you. Obviously this macro helps tons.

Smart Potion makes it where you can set 1 key up to drink cure if your poisioned or heal if your damaged

The biggest is is proably the inability to cast a heal spell while poisioned. With Razor, if your poisioned and cast a Greater Heal, you have to wait for the spell timer for GH so you can cancel and cast cure. On Krrios, if you cast GH while poisioned, it will automaticly cancel the spell and let you cast cure right after.

There are a few other short cuts and "convienences" over Razor and the Original Client that might have only a minimal effect on PvP, but those mentioned above are the biggest advantages given to KUOC users.

Razor(UOA with a twist) users will point the finger at KUOC users and say Razor users get more skilled and valid kills. KUOC(Razor on juice) will point the finger at Razor users and say KUOC users get MORE kills. Both KUOC and Razor aren't going anywhere on this shard and its something both sides will have to agree to disagree on. All the bitching and complaining about KUOC will not make it go away or make the users of it feel cheap in thier kills. All the bitching and complaing about Razor users not adapting will not take away the view that a kill in Razor vs KUOC was a kill that took more skill or awareness to achieve.

Valid arguments... However to create a dismount/remount command simply set a macro to mount your pet... I believe that worked with UOAssist so I am assuming it works with Razor as well..

Smart Potion? I dont see how that is too over the top as far as options go... It's really just making it so you need one macro instead of two.

I don't know how it is for others, but on my KUOC if I cast a Heal while poisoned the Heal target cursor still comes up... It doesn't cancel it for me.

JasonU

Wanderer
I'm not sure on the Dismount/Remount macro in Assist. If it does work, I sure wish I knew about it earlier. :)

As for the smart potion, the success of a mage depends on the key setup and remaining calm anough during the heat of battle to know what key to press at the right time. I can't count how many times in field fighting that I wasn't able to cast a Greater Heal on a party member because they got poisioned right at the end and that person (being redlined and poisioned in the middle of 3 or 4 oranges) has to have the composure to hit the right key at the right time. A good mage, or a good PvPer can overcome this as they are usually calm and collected in a situation like this, but alot of people aren't. And thats what seperated the good from the bad. With Smart Potion, all potion responsibilites can be set to 1 key instead of two. While it might only save you a second by having a smart potion macro, that often times is the difference between life and death.

As for the last part, the latest version of KUOC has an option under "Options" that allows you to toggle "off" and "on" the ability for heal spells to be blocked while poisioned.

When group fighting, it is extremely important to cure poisions as soon as possible, as poision blocks any of your party members from healing you. While the smart potion and the "no heal while poisioned" features in KUOC might only save you a few seconds as opposed to using Razor, often times those few seconds can make the difference between victory or defeat.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
rajuncajun2207 said:
I'm not sure on the Dismount/Remount macro in Assist. If it does work, I sure wish I knew about it earlier. :)

As for the smart potion, the success of a mage depends on the key setup and remaining calm anough during the heat of battle to know what key to press at the right time. I can't count how many times in field fighting that I wasn't able to cast a Greater Heal on a party member because they got poisioned right at the end and that person (being redlined and poisioned in the middle of 3 or 4 oranges) has to have the composure to hit the right key at the right time. A good mage, or a good PvPer can overcome this as they are usually calm and collected in a situation like this, but alot of people aren't. And thats what seperated the good from the bad. With Smart Potion, all potion responsibilites can be set to 1 key instead of two. While it might only save you a second by having a smart potion macro, that often times is the difference between life and death.

As for the last part, the latest version of KUOC has an option under "Options" that allows you to toggle "off" and "on" the ability for heal spells to be blocked while poisioned.

When group fighting, it is extremely important to cure poisions as soon as possible, as poision blocks any of your party members from healing you. While the smart potion and the "no heal while poisioned" features in KUOC might only save you a few seconds as opposed to using Razor, often times those few seconds can make the difference between victory or defeat.

Then I tell anyone who feels this is unfair, to get krrios client themselves..

And if your computer can't handle it then too bad..

It's like connection, if you have 56k you'll be slow... It is not the fault of the people on cable internet that your slow... Upgrade.

KRRIOS CLIENT IS AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE, IF YOU WANT IT OR FEEL ITS CHEAP FOR OTHER PEOPLE TO HAVE IT... GET IT.... EVEN THE ODDS IF YOU THINK ITS SO SPECIAL.

To get Krrios Client:

Download Krrios Client Here: http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43794
Unzip and extract the files into a folder with any name you wish.

You will also need Microsoft Netframe, which is a requirement already of UOGateway.

You will need the latest version of DirectX Redistributable, direct X 9.0b, found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...11-62fe-4f61-aba1-914185249413&DisplayLang=en

1) Now once done downloading extract the DirectX files to C:\
2) Now Browse to C:\DirectX9 and run dxsetup.exe
3) Reboot when prompted.
4) Now you have the regular Direct X 9.0b installed
5) Now browse to C:\DirectX9 again.
6) Find the file named ManagedDX.CAB
7) Open ManagedDX.CAB with WinZIP
8) Extract mdxredist.msi to C:\DirectX9
9) Overwrite if Prompted
10) Run the file mdxredist.msi

Disclaimer:
Download these files at your own risk. The files should be clean since they are from the trusted sources of Microsoft and RunUO.com. However, by proceeding to download these files you are accepting the burden if anything should go wrong as a result. I take zero responsibility if anything should go wrong, and further I will not be assisting anyone with the troubles they run into while getting their clients up and running.. Do not PM me in regards to this post.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
rajuncajun2207 said:

The Assist macro to remount worked... Because I specifically remember people on OSI setting such a macro, invising their horses, and mounting... When they would dismount their horse would be invised [given it didnt move or the timer didn't run out.]

Wu-Gambino

Sorceror
Evolution said:
KRRIOS CLIENT IS AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE, IF YOU WANT IT OR FEEL ITS CHEAP FOR OTHER PEOPLE TO HAVE IT... GET IT.... EVEN THE ODDS IF YOU THINK ITS SO SPECIAL.

All Krrios cleint does for you is prove that you are an unskilled bitch ;(

Vexorcism

Wanderer
Wu-Gambino said:
All Krrios cleint does for you is prove that you are an unskilled bitch ;(

Wu.... Dont talk trash...

The few duels we've had I've killed you about 5 times and you've killed me maybe four... And on the field P F has only succeeded in killing my dexxer. {Para ganked new rez while I was looting my corpse I may add}
And even that time you were not even there...

To insult my ability to play this game is to insult your own... I saved 3 Screenshots of every duel of mine, I'll gladly post the results of our duels, if you wish.

I never said I was great at the game, but at least im smart enough to take advantage of my resources.

Obe[IC]

Wanderer
And pretty soon. To bitch about KUOC at all will be equal to bitching about Razor with an internal UOAM and possibly using EUO at the same time.

Oh wait. What? People that can't run KUOC already do that! Sorry about that.