UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Veteran Reward Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorthic

Knight
Re: Veteran Reward Suggestions

Blessed key ring is a great idea, so is the hanging banner and portable forge.

Possibly a 'bag of sending'. By that I mean a pack that is linked to its 'twin', which could be in your bank, or in your house. Whatever items you put in that bag, they will appear in the other bag. No weight restrictions; has to be locked down or in a secure area (bank, secure chest, etc.), and cannot be used by players less than 36-48 months, or Hybrid's equivalent of that.

jrcarney52

Wanderer

What about some sort of suit of armor--demon bone--that is pretty cool, but in order to get the entire set you have to waste a lot of your veteran rewards. It's always a pleasant pain-in-the-ass to try to get every piece of a unique set of armor. I remember ranger armor and demon bone. I got both, but I damn near wasted my entire UO life savings getting them. But they shouldn't just be pretty, they should be somewhat useful sets of armor.

Lorthic

Knight

I completely agree. Either add some sort of 'special' armor that ONLY vets can wear (not including what's already out there), such as ranger, phoenix, who knows... lord Blackthorn's suit, or something along those lines. Don't make it extremely high AR or anything (although the phoenix should have high ar as it is... it's fucking phoenix armor). Just make it reasonable and able to be played with or against.

Jolly Rogers

Sorceror

Make a normal set of leather or studded armor. each vet reward gets you 1 part. It's blessed dyeable all that good stuff. Only can wear it to the char you picked it on making it to that char alone. wont be able to sell. adds no extra armor.

On the durability, it's up to the gm's. you can make it like the robes or have it break since we can always get more reward choices.

hbfonde

Wanderer

I think house decor items are really the only feasible suggestions. Apart from other items that do not directly affect game play. Marble tables, fruit baskets, lanterns, jars filled with cotton balls, etc... Some of the random interesting rares from osi would be cool and other items that have no affect on players other than looking cool.

Lorthic

Knight

hbfonde;1633817 said:
I think house decor items are really the only feasible suggestions. Apart from other items that do not directly affect game play. Marble tables, fruit baskets, lanterns, jars filled with cotton balls, etc... Some of the random interesting rares from osi would be cool and other items that have no affect on players other than looking cool.

Those "server rares" from OSI are a part of Clean Up Britannia on this shard. There are some around, if you keep an eye out. We had that, I believe, two years ago. Maybe three.

Capone

Sorceror

a hued blessed candle or lantern would be awesome.

also don't wipe the vet rewards, just make these new ones use up 5 or 10 available vet rewards. like how a dye tub or ethy uses up 1, a new leet vet reward could use up 5 or 10, that would help keep the market from getting flooded.

cogburn;1633883 said:
Ok so a vet who has 40 unused rewards should get 40 of these newer rewards flooding the market? how do you not understand the problem in this? It would be a better alternative to wiping everyones unused rewards.
Yes...I have an insane amount of rewards built up now across four accounts. If they aren't wiped with the new ones coming out I'll (as well as everyone else) will just re-flood the market and I'll end up throwing the news one in my trash barrel just as I do the current ones. I'd love new items, but I'd like to see them actually worth being a veteran for, not only for use, but for market value and the possibility of trade.

beelzebub

Knight

Mythia Jhengli;1633934 said:
Yes...I have an insane amount of rewards built up now across four accounts. If they aren't wiped with the new ones coming out I'll (as well as everyone else) will just re-flood the market and I'll end up throwing the news one in my trash barrel just as I do the current ones. I'd love new items, but I'd like to see them actually worth being a veteran for, not only for use, but for market value and the possibility of trade.

qft

truth is people should be rewarded for playing this shard for several years. veterans keep the shard alive.

Countessa

Knight

This is an idea I had a while ago for a Vet Reward overhaul.

Handling of current rewards

There is no need to remove currently obtainable rewards from the server, but many could be removed as a reward selection. This will leave the removed items as a semi-rares/only obtainable from players. These items will have a slight value increase as a result, with value gradually increasing as time passes and numbers diminish.

Remove from reward selection:

* All ethy statuettes and the statuette dye tub. There are plenty on the server, most being used in a hideous manner. Let them become a limited item.
* Special Dye Tubs. The colors are rarely used by anyone because of availability of bod cloth and server created rare clothing.
* Black Dye Tub. Same as above.
* Some ethereal rides - Most are ugly and/or not often picked.
* BoD-colored +2 AR robes and cloaks

Change in Reward Selection:

* +2 AR cloaks in ore hues replaced with +2 AR half aprons. Half aprons will not be wearable with the cloaks, keeping the +AR to a max of 4.

Handling of current reward credits

Rewards currently number on players to the extent they are no longer rewarding. With the addition of new rewards, all reward credits need to be wiped. Used credits will be ignored and will not count towards the new system.

Reward credits then need to re-issued according to the following:

One Veteran reward credit will be issued at the following time periods: 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 18 months, 2 years, 30 months, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years.

Players at the current following ages will show corresponding number of credits issued to them.
  • 1 month - 1
  • 2 months - 2
  • 3 months - 3
  • 6 months - 4
  • 1 year - 5
  • 18 months - 6
  • 2 years - 7
  • 30 months - 8
  • 3 years - 9
  • 42 months- 10
  • 4 years - 11
  • 5 years - 12

This means the maximum credits on the shard, currently possible, is about 10/11 for any one account.

The Rewards

Month 1

Furniture dye tub
Leather dye tub

+2 ar robe and half apron in:

* Golden
* Bronze
* Copper

Month 2

* Deep Purple
* Silver
* Lemon Yellow

Month 3

One of four possible Ethereal mounts:

* horse
* ostard
* llama
* beetle

* Agapite
* Verite
* Valorite

Month 6

Rune book/rune stone dye tub
Veteran Cloth dye tub
Sandal dye tub

1 year

Hybrid Anniversary Clothing

* obi; 1st year anniversary unique hue;
* renamed Hybrid Citizen

Hybrid Anniversary Jewelery

* golden necklace style

Etheryl - Skeletal steed

18 months

Hybrid dye tub
Faction ethy dye
Personal Crier.

2 years

* stitcher's mitts; 2nd year anniversary unique hue;
* renamed Hybrid Elder

* earrings

Etheryl Ride dye
PVP pack

30 months

Crafter's Toolkit
Sage Toolkit
House deco selection

* containers not otherwise available
* including metal chests, baskets, etc

3 years

Spell book dye bottles

* two selections: cloth ninja hood and cloth ninja jacket; 3nd year anniversary unique hue;
* renamed Hybrid Maven

* bracelet

42 Months

Leather Engraving Kit
House deco selection - containers including metal chests, baskets, etc

4 years

* hakama; 4nd year anniversary unique hue;
* renamed Hybrid Veteran

* pendant necklace

Veteran Dungeon
1x skill ball

5 years

* kimonos; 5nd year anniversary unique hue;
* renamed Old Guard

* ring

Gold Card
Pouch of Blessed
Red Respite for all counts - usable once per account

New Items - Details and Description

In all cases, you must be the reward age to acquire an item from the reward grump, and to use the item. Clothing colored with a reward tub can be worn by anyone. The same is not true of dyed etheryl rides. Dyed etheryl rides will require a player be min two years old to use. Faction etheryl dye will also place faction restrictions on the etheryl ride.

Robes and Half Aprons
Half aprons replace cloaks to better fit the population style. +2 half aprons will not be wearable if a player is already wearing a +2 cloak(from old vet rewards), keeping the + AR to a max of 4 with veteran rewards.
Lemon yellow +2 ar Robe and Half-apron
Silver +2 ar Robe and Half-apron
Deep Purple +2 ar Robe and Half-apron

Tubs

Veteran Robe dye tubs, Sandal dye tubs, and Hybrid dye tubs will work in the following manner:

* Each tub will be a single permanent color (the same as the black dye tub).
* Each tub type will have a selection of ten different colors.
* When a tub is picked from the reward gump, the color of the tub cannot be picked by the player. It will be a random pick by the server, from the colors selected for that particular tub type.
* Dyed cloth can be cut up to tailor new items and retain the color from the tub.
* Leather (in the case of the sandals) will revert to normal color when used to make a new item, as it does now.

* Veteran Cloth dye tub - 10 unique hues; only works on vet clothes rewards
* Sandal Dye Tub - 10 unique hues, different from what is currently available through bod system, etc
* Hybrid Dye Tub - same as sandal tub colors; usable on both cloth and leather

Dyes
Spell book dye - This pick offers a gump to choose the color - armor and bod colors. Selection places a dye bottle (one use) in the backpack.

Etheryl Ride dye - only usable by the required age. Etheryls dyed from this bottle cannot be used by players of a younger age. This pick offers a gump to choose the color - armor and bod colors. Selection places a dye bottle (one use) in the backpack.

Faction ethy dye - only usable by the required age. Etheryls dyed from this bottle cannot be used by players of a younger age. This pick offers a gump to choose one of eight faction colors. You must be in the corresponding faction and the required age to use the etheryl after this. Selection places a dye bottle (one use) in the backpack.

Template specific

Crafter's toolkit - This kit is a blessed kit for crafters. It holds crafting implements, charging 50 uses for each tool dropped on the kit. To be able to use for tailoring, it must have sew kit charges; for carp, saw charges; for tinkering, tinker tool charges; etc. To use the tool, single click for a gump to select the craft skill/tool, or double click the tool if the skill is already correctly set. The server will check if there are charges for that skill available. If yes, the corresponding craft gump opens. If no, server message: you need to charge your tool.

Sage's toolkit - A blessed kit for scribes and alchemists. The kit contains one empty bottle that is never seen. This passive bottle is used for filling kegs. Fillable with mortar and pestles and scribe's pen and ink. Single click to pick the skill, etc as above

PVP packs - 1 filled potion keg for GH, GC, GS, and T. Refresh, 250 each reagent, 200 bandages. Limit to 1 per ip per day. Bag of items goes to the bank box not the backpack for prevention of possible abuse on the field and loss due to being overweight. This will affect the economy for a brief period when implemented, however I don't believe it will be excessive. Reward credits will be drastically reduced and there are limitations on what's accessible in any one day. Long term, this provides a consumable product that will not litter the shard. This reward is aimed directly at the shard's huge pvp base. Gives a specific reward to those not interested in items, but pvp only.

Hybrid Anniversary Items

Hybrid Anniversary Clothing -

• Each year is a different item and unique hue; blessed.
  • These items are only wearable by the required age to obtain and older.
  • Possible to cut to remake into other items.
  • These items will have no skill or stat affecting attributes.

Hybrid Anniversary Jewelery - The entire set of jewelery will come in the same colors as the anniversary clothing. Each year will add a new color, and a new item -

• first year will show the gold necklace in the color for first anniversary;
  • second year offers golden necklace and earrings in colors for first and second anniversary;
  • third year offers golden necklace, earrings and bracelet in first, second, and third year anniversary colors, etc.

• Player's choice of color and jewelry piece when you pick the reward.
  • One default name for all pieces - Hybrid Loyalty.
  • You must be of the required age as above to wear
  • Blessed

Misc

Leather Engraving Tool - used to engrave a short line of text onto a leather container (backpack, bag, pouch)

Personal Crier - A personal-use town crier. May only be placed in a house you own. For use by shopkeepers and other merchants, guilds, factions, etc. This option gives a small stone. The stone is double clicked for the crier. The stone can be placed in containers but it cannot be moved by anyone but the original owner. The stone is linked to the player and no one else can use it.
Gump access:

• Enter up to ten items of information. 'News' will activate the crier.
  • Set an interval for the crier to announce the news entered - minimum settings
  • Remove Crier - returns crier to the stone for storage or moving. News is not saved when the crier is re-stoned.

High end for long term

- These items all fall into the four/five year reward category.

Veteran Dungeon - A restricted dungeon for those claiming a reward credit only.

• Using one reward gives you access for 24hours from the time it is chosen.
  • All monsters spawned in the dungeon will be tough, high-end with inflated loots (not excessively but rewardingly; loots randomly drop 1 of 6 rare deco items, the item being the only loot at those times, the item(s) only obtainable in this dungeon).
  • One monster should require a group of more than two to kill. A sign entering the beast's area warning of this.
  • Access to return to the dungeon will be obtained from a stone - one in britain and one in bucc's. Clicking the stone will give access only if it is within the 24 hours from the initial activation. And only if you have previously accessed the dungeon within that 24 hours from the reward gump.
  • Once 23 hours is up, logged in players will receive a warning. A warning is issued again at 30 min and ten min. If the player is still in the dungeon when the time is up, the player is teleported out.
  • A pay healer will be in the dungeon, tucked away in a corner.
  • Access to leave by recall, gate (one -way), or moongate from inside the dungeon. No gate in, no recall in, no mark.
  • Normal pvp allowed. It's not meant to be a trammel location for hunting. Merely one away from the regular chaos of the server. A player can opt to pvp in this dungeon for their 24 hours, provided there are other players to kill, of course.

Gold Card - This card works like a pre-charged credit card.
The card is filled by dropping gold on the card. Npcs will recognize the card as gold. When items purchased at an npc total less than 2k, the npc will check for gold card funds and if found, subtract the purchase from the card. A single click will show the owner the card's total current funds.
For trading - Dbl click the card for an amount gump, enter the amount and target the player to trade with. The amount entered will show as a check in the trade window. If a trade window has already been opened, the check will appear in the open trade window. At the completion of the trade, the funds are withdrawn from the card. Funds transferred will appear in the form of a check in the receiver's backpack.
No minimum amount required, maximum amount 1 million. Gold only fillable in the region of a bank to prevent it from being a trammy pvm tool

Veteran Weapon - A jacked up, almost one-hit/one-hit weapon. Recolored, blessed, renamed Maniacal Veteran; Four weapons to choose from - one for each combat skill. You must have 85+ in the skill corresponding to the weapon for it to be equipped. A warning is issued when this option is chosen. Only usable by the player it is issued to. Usable for 24 hour period; when the timer expires the item decays and disappears. This option can only be picked once per account. The color alerts other players as to the extreme potential damage by the weapon. Essentially, this lets long time veterans go crazy for one day.

Pouch of Blessed - strictly for organization. This pouch comes blessed. The only items that can be placed inside it must also be blessed, including blessed faction items, blessed clothing, and rune books. This pouch will not not allow players to place non blessed items in the bag. It is meant strictly for organization purposes.

Comments

I've never liked how the vet rewards are all eye candy. There are other options available to reward vets besides deco and wearables. I've tried to mix the options so that there is some eye candy still available, but also consumable and useful items. Useful items that reduce the micro-management of a player is far more rewarding than an item, in my opinion. Hence the addition of the different tool kits and the gold card. Consumables benefit the shard since they are used, consumed and are gone.

The addition of PVP packs and the Veteran Weapon gives reward for the most played style on the shard - PvP.

• Initially, many players will choose the pvp packs to sell. With a limit of one per day per IP, this should be kept to a minimum. After the initial introduction of the system dies down, I believe this reward will have little direct effect on the economy.
  • The weapon may be considered extreme, giving one crazy day to a long time loyal player. I know some veteran players have many multiple accounts from server stress tests, etc but this should not be a real factor given that you need the skill to equip the weapon and it must be used by the player choosing the reward. Unless they choose to macro a combat skill on each alt account for a one day kamikaze-fest, extra accounts are of no use to them in this regard. If they do the work, and macro the skill, they can have the reward.

The toolkits provide a reward for those few interested in the merchant side, reducing the blasted micro-management of the game. As a small bonus, it will reduce items slightly since tools will be placed in the kit, rather than be multiple items stored in a bankbox or chest.

Although blessed, the gold card and toolkits provide really no more than micro-management reduction. At this point, these players have spent enough time juggling tools, grabbing more from home, and running to the bank for needed/forgotten gold.

While not affecting pvp, tubs can provide an economy change and increase individual identity. New tubs with permanent colors creates a new market.
The colors are randomly selected from the assigned colors for that tub type. By making some colors less obtainable for each tub style (percentage of drops), a new market of sorts, is created. For example seven of the ten colors could be the main ones selected by the server, three more colors could be selected with a higher rate of rarity and a final two with extreme rate of rarity. This market could further be encouraged (optionally) by occasionally changing the ten preset colors for any tub type, keeping this reward new.

Jolly Rogers

Sorceror

I have an idea tnat I think might work dont look this over like everything else i say.

Ar doublets and kilts and skirts.

Much like the robes, the dark gray ice white and blaze colors.

This could add something for the older chars on the server. each +2 ar on each item. wont add that much to pvp but will also look cool.

Other colthing items could be done with other clothing, but most of the people wear a doublet and kilt/skirt.

VxBainexV

Wanderer

Tessa...very well thought out suggestion...I still think we need blessed key ring in there somewhere

freed111

Wanderer

haven't seen it mentioned yet
and not sure if it's a vet reward or pay irl cash
BUT, a variable, time limited (say 1 month), non transferable 7x skill ball
But, not 7x 100 skills, but 700 points, assigned to any skill in any amount (up to 100 for that skill).(could be say 50 hiding and 50 alchemy or whatever)
This would let the vets "tweak" their character till it was as sweet as could be
just saying
(in case this isn't clear, can be used unlimited for the month, and then at the end, 1 last assignment of points)

Status
Not open for further replies.