UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Veteran Reward Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolly Rogers

Sorceror
Re: Veteran Reward Suggestions

i agree with ^^ make it that the robe has the same AR as a cape and robe. i mean ur heads protected now.... and make em in diff colors. maybe? only like 3 colors or two. a white and a dark gray. good and evil!??!?!?!

Ra

Sorceror

Alecto Unresting;1640086 said:
I have but one suggestion...HOODED F'ING SHROUDS!!!! That was my absolute favorite item on OSI servers just before I quit. I have wanted one ever since I came here but since they are more than the price of a castle I will never be able to have one. I don't care if it is a 6th year or 8th year reward, as long as I know that it is attainable at some point. Please??!!? :p

6 or 8 years would be great! If the server was alive for that long :/
I like the suggestion, HOWEVER, if it were ever to be implemented, have old school hues, none of these ice whites or charcoals. Maybe evil hue will do and thats it. Or just make them dyable with regular dye tubs.

quid pro quo

Wanderer

How about a mount that 2 people can ride at the same time. The driver will act like he's on a normal mount (having to pause to cast), but the passenger can cast while moving.

edit....lol how silly that would be

Marbelou

Knight

quid pro quo;1640129 said:
How about a mount that 2 people can ride at the same time. The driver will act like he's on a normal mount (having to pause to cast), but the passenger can cast while moving.

Thats like the funniest and the best one yet. :D

the illest2

Wanderer

quid pro quo;1640129 said:

lol and while you are both on it, you can polymorph into an ettin and both heads can talk....best suggestion yet

NocLaN

Sorceror

Mark;1633246 said:
Do any of you have any suggestions for some interesting high level veteran rewards?

We are thinking about changing up the longer term rewards and would like to hear your thoughts before we proceed.

- Death Shroud
- Colored Treasure Chest

i think the whole reward system is rong. there r way to many rewards avaliable to people at young ages. i think rewards should b rewards for the amount of time uve been playing not the amount of time uve had the account. this makes rewards useless. i played another shard that wiped every reward and only gave the accounts that had played over a certain amount of hours. it aculy makes rewards worth somthing. a ice green robe was 2mil on that server. i think its a good idea to deleted all the rewards and give the USED not the random accounts rewards. + it will make more people donate for the no age mounts giving this shard more money to use.

the illest2

Wanderer

i love the idea of the shrouds, the fact that the 3 people in game who have them are all homo trammies makes me sad that its something youd never see in the field, an unnamed trammie once told me that if pure white or fallon became available via vet rewards they would quit UO, so im assuming the same would be said about the shroud owners...but my question is, if this did happen and these people quit the game, would anyone miss them? being able to walk around britain bank without tripping on someone whos macroing peacemaking cuz they are so anti pvp that they wont even let you go into war mode, wouldnt this be a better britainnia? sorry for ranting im bored :(

Marbelou

Knight

the illest2;1640427 said:
i love the idea of the shrouds, the fact that the 3 people in game who have them are all homo trammies makes me sad that its something youd never see in the field, an unnamed trammie once told me that if pure white or fallon became available via vet rewards they would quit UO, so im assuming the same would be said about the shroud owners...but my question is, if this did happen and these people quit the game, would anyone miss them? being able to walk around britain bank without tripping on someone whos macroing peacemaking cuz they are so anti pvp that they wont even let you go into war mode, wouldnt this be a better britainnia? sorry for ranting im bored :(

The thing that makes uo great is that u can be anti pvp or anti anything if u like. + rambone used to field alot with his shroud on.

Fidessa

Wanderer

I read half of post, so sorry if I am interrupting something.

Regarding new veteran rewards that's pretty simple.... bring back all the UO veteran rewards. I truely miss the banners, flaming head, ankh's and what not.

Lorthic

Knight

The Soul Stone, Bag of Sending, and Bracelet of Translocation are awesome ideas.

kdivers

Knight

hoglegs;1640942 said:
I would love to see Soulstones as vet rewards.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/special.shtml

and then would people do rushes for hellforges?

(btw, anyone pm me if you get my reference)

EDIT: in all seriousness, that would make the concept of skill balls silly to vet gamers... its easy to make a char with JUST 100 magery, or JUST 100 med. at that point, given 7 day, you will have a 7x char with no trouble at all

WrathGiver

Sorceror

Here are some of my ideas:
- Have some rewards cost multiple reward points
- an unopenable bag that shoots of fireworks and plays the laugh sound if a snooper trys opening it
- a box and key that you can finish 100 lockpicking on (can't attempt until you hit 95 skill)
- an treasure map that you can finish 100 cartography (you can never solve it and requires 99.5 to attempt)

Lorthic

Knight

WrathGiver;1640960 said:
Here are some of my ideas:
- Have some rewards cost multiple reward points
- an unopenable bag that shoots of fireworks and plays the laugh sound if a snooper trys opening it
- a box and key that you can finish 100 lockpicking on (can't attempt until you hit 95 skill)
- an treasure map that you can finish 100 cartography (you can never solve it and requires 99.5 to attempt)

While some of that stuff may seem useful, it really serves no end. I believe that the idea here is to do something that doesn't effect characters as a whole, but merely helps with the games progression towards a better community, or more enjoyment for the players.

I, personally, wouldn't want something that is useful ONLY to a couple of my characters. If I don't want to buy a name or sex change deed for my character, I can create a new one of any name or sex I choose and merely use my Soul Stone to transfer skills. With my bag of sending, I no longer have to worry about going to the bank after I make trades with a friend, as I can just drop it in the bag and away it goes to the bank (although I do agree with OSI/EA with the fact that 'cursed' (i.e. items that can be looted), should not be able to be sent). The Bracelet of Translocation seems like it would be a great idea for those warriors who just go dungeon crawling. Overloaded on loot? Can't recall? Not enough magery for a gate spell? Well, by using your Bracelet you can get safely to the bank with that hard-earned gold and any other items you're carriyng.

Just my two cents. Most of you probably won't like it, but I LOVE the idea of having those three items implemented into the game. Oh, and a usable ANKH, also.

By the way, I believe that we DO have Evil Orc Helms here on Hybrid; or, we used to, at least. I don't know what happened to them.

hoglegs

Sorceror

kdivers;1640953 said:
and then would people do rushes for hellforges?

(btw, anyone pm me if you get my reference)

EDIT: in all seriousness, that would make the concept of skill balls silly to vet gamers... its easy to make a char with JUST 100 magery, or JUST 100 med. at that point, given 7 day, you will have a 7x char with no trouble at all

"Your souls will fuel my hellforge."

Perhaps the usage of the stone could be limited to 1 use per character per week... I just love the idea of being able to tweak skills around on old characters..

Shadowmancer

Wanderer

Soulstones on demise are limited to 1 use per 24 hours. I think that works good enough. I would love to have Soulstones on hybrid, either via vet reward or donation system.

Status
Not open for further replies.