UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What do you think would make Demise better?

Mario-Demise

Sorceror
Re: What do you think would make Demise better?

LadyCrimson;333416 said:
Just a note about the admins: they do check the email daily, primarily Cronus so I would say that he gets to them when he can along with the other admins. Being online isn't going to help much because just as much has to go into it in game as it does through email but email helps them sort and gives them a written base to work off of without having to deal with a furious or upset player in game, which is also a place where you cannot copy and paste information for easy searching.

my .02

LC
ahh thanks lady crimson, I think ill have to appolagize to the admins for my emails for I thought they wern't getting to them and I sorta sent more then a couple. haaa. my bad

LadySiren

Wanderer

Pwnt.exe;333369 said:
BaseHouse house = BaseHouse.FindHouseAt( aggressor );
BaseHouse house2 = BaseHouse.FindHouseAt( aggressed );

if ( house != null && house2==null)aggressor.Location = house.BanLocation;

That would make demise better.

Not to mention be completely unOSI-like as LC mentioned above.

Cerebus

Wanderer

In my opinion

darts - fixed, or removed
natures furys - should not be able to attack players and require more mana

Kowe

Wanderer

Why do so many people want nature's fury nerfed? It's really not over powered at all.

Ever tried fighting a paragon Meer Eternal with nature's fury? Well, for one, he can dispell them two at a time, so they go down faster then they came out. Even if he doesn't dispell them, I have seen his flamestrike hit one for 100+ damage, killing it instantly. Not that strong IMO...

I'd say rather then up the mana cost or the pet slot cost, just increase the skill required to cast it, so people actually need to go past 30 spellweaving :p

But then again that brings us to the whole OSI thing.... which says we should leave it the way they have it :)

Although yeah, I will agree change it so they don't attack players. Summons in PVP = lame.

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

Kowe;333901 said:
Why do so many people want nature's fury nerfed? It's really not over powered at all.

Ever tried fighting a paragon Meer Eternal with nature's fury? Well, for one, he can dispell them two at a time, so they go down faster then they came out. Even if he doesn't dispell them, I have seen his flamestrike hit one for 100+ damage, killing it instantly. Not that strong IMO...

I'd say rather then up the mana cost or the pet slot cost, just increase the skill required to cast it, so people actually need to go past 30 spellweaving :p

But then again that brings us to the whole OSI thing.... which says we should leave it the way they have it :)

Although yeah, I will agree change it so they don't attack players. Summons in PVP = lame.

evs, demons, pretty much every single summon, attack players.

st3in

Wanderer

But furies are a little too powerful. Ok so its not a stupid as Darts but a new-ish SW char should not be able to wipe the floor clean in Dastard with just furies, solo. IMO.

What would make Demise better.....Well. How about we stop pretending to be an OSI clone? There is no shame in this. No, there is no need to get all ridiculously "custom" as some other shards have...but maybe such a paradigm will open a few doors and cool some frustrations both to the players and our shard's beloved programmers.

ramax99

Knight

bring TOTS back and demise will be best server heheh

jrhather

Wanderer

Things HAVE to be kept as per OSI as much as possible. This is what Demise is about.

We can't do anything about summons attacking players in PvP. This is why they have 'Hit Dispel' weapons....;)

I don't PvP but I do believe that limiting the house-hiding capabilities of PvPers is perfect. Keeps things fair, fun, and on a even level.

Instanced corpses. Oh how the gaunt will forever change. Brilliant idea. Effectively stops the purpose of autolooting, unless I'm mistaken.

Natures Fury is perfect the way it is, in my opinion. Being able to cast a summon *on top* of your target, thus ensuring that your summon engages that specific target, should come with some penalty.

Wraith form needs to function properly, as do the Necromancer's Familiars. Familiars shouldn't charge the enemy, ever. Combat is not the purpose of the familiar.

Luck and loot both need to be tweaked. The loot on this shard is shameful and luck really doesn't seem to effect it at all. I personally cannot wait until the ToT system gets implemented for the anti-virtue dungeons. Hopefully it will only be in Fel, I'd love to see dungeon PvP and Pking make a comeback, if only a temporary one.

Would it be too much of a change to have resrobes disintegrate when dropped? It would make for a cleaner looking everything....

jrhather

Wanderer

All that and I'd love to see skeletal steeds as as award for an event (non self-deleting)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

sadly, we have to delete event items like that, but I think they are fun while they last. Any opinions on that?

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

LadyCrimson;334727 said:
sadly, we have to delete event items like that, but I think they are fun while they last. Any opinions on that?

If I were a player I would rather get a Charger of the Fallen, even if only for a week or 2, then say, a check for 50k......

jrhather

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;334727 said:

Okay, well, seeing as how they aren't permanent...how about alternate mounts?? daemon, dragon, serpent, bear etc....

SRC_Caine;334730 said:
If I were a player I would rather get a Charger of the Fallen, even if only for a week or 2, then say, a check for 50k......

I'd rather have the 50k.

darts, duel system, instanced corpses, no house hiding, and most of all NO GUARD ZONES in fel or if thats not possible you become insta red when you enter fel

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

The Devil's Advocate;334736 said:
darts, duel system, instanced corpses, no house hiding, and most of all NO GUARD ZONES in fel or if thats not possible you become insta red when you enter fel

lool, the insta red thing seems kinda fun. Seeing how then there will be no need for multiple chars? It would be pretty sick.

pkrlz

Knight

The Devil's Advocate;334736 said:
and most of all NO GUARD ZONES in fel or if thats not possible you become insta red when you enter fel

I agree with you Cody, but come on stop dreaming, we are osi-like.