UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

When did you start Ultima Online?

When did you start Ultima Online

• I started when Charter Edition was released!

Votes: 285 30.6%
  • T2A was my first!

Votes: 263 28.3%
  • I came in for the Renaissance.

Votes: 204 21.9%
  • I signed up with Age of Shadows.

Votes: 37 4.0%
  • I never even played an EA server.

Votes: 141 15.2%

• Total voters

orange thing

Wanderer
Re: When did you start Ultima Online?

I started back years ago... It was after beta, however it was before tram was implemented. Tram was such a pain in the ass. I had to go to tram to visit all of my usual vendors where I got supplies, yet I lived in fel. I remember saving up a boatload of fel stones and would just plant them, since the vendors I used were near my house, except in the other facet.

I quit when my computer started to choke up. A year later I got back on it when we got a new computer. It was pretty nice this time around, and with the introduction of cable in our house it was even nicer. I've been pvping since the beginning of my time here. I've tried pretty much every template in the book... but I keep falling back to my trusty tank. I guess I just like to juggle a lot at one time, with having weapons to use, magery to cast, etc.

Nonetheless, I'm still here, and currently on the best damn server of all time.

Lintaglen

Wanderer

I bought UO the first day it came out... If anyone else did this, they would know I tell the truth y this statement..

I still have the original UO cloth map and the metal UO logo pin that came with it.

Ramok661

Wanderer

I worked at a pizza place and a man left a magazine on the table that I took home, they had an entire article on UO and the next day I went out and bought T2A

That was 1999

Deletor

Wanderer

I played the Alpha i still have my UO pin and map and box. Slept way to much in 1st and 2nd hour. If i rem correctly i connected at 14kbs per sec. Ran smoother at 3am.

back in 1999...

only few server were on, started on Great Lakes, or Lake Superior, dont remember ... then i moved to chesa on the end of 1999...

Dejavulol

Wanderer

I played Sonoma from early 1998 till shortly after tramel was created.

I came here a few weeks ago and Yes I am a newb again lol

Batgirl

Wanderer

I'd been playing for about a year on LS when Trammel opened for housing.
I sorely remember at serverup that day when I barely lost the race to placing a castle to some guy...who turned around and sold it on ebay for $1650. Ouch.
After that I didn't play as much for a while.

RoXx.X

Wanderer

Dejavulol;1523900 said:
I played Sonoma from early 1998 till shortly after tramel was created.

I came here a few weeks ago and Yes I am a newb again lol

lol well welcome to the shard, if you need anything feel free to aim me at jeasa a one ill hook you up with some gold and a house to macro in if you need it.....

SORRY FOR PUTTING THREAD OFF TOPIC. BACK ON TOPIC NOW.

I just wanted to see if someone new needs help :)

Batgirl

Wanderer

Yeah, every time I quit (and then inevitably return after a year or so) it takes a while for everything to come back to me!

Dread Sun

Wanderer

This weekend, in a box in my garage, I found a couple of the early ultima games. DOS based, single player, came on a floppy disk. ROFL

I loved those games. The first couple you explored solo on foot. Then a release came out where you could party up with NPCs. That was sweet!

Who remembers Iolo?

krasnaya

Wanderer

I started shortly after the original UO game was released. Oh, the memories. Constant crashes and bugs as they tried to get the game off the ground.

And back then we had "Lord British's guards" not "town guards"... :)

Milisani

Wanderer

I started about 8 years ago on my Dad's account but he moved after a while and I just found out about free shards, wish I'd known sooner :(

chOP-hybrid

Sorceror

i started playing the original non-internet versions of ultima around early-mid 80's, but i guess i didnt start uo til around '99 on Oceania. i quit this server about 8 months ago, but now considering coming back...again...doh!