UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Should the veteran reward system be overhauled and rebuilt?

• Yes

Votes: 286 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peniku

Page
Re: A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Can someone please PM me (bacause i cant find the replys)
How mnay days we will need to use Ethereals Horse?

Legbone

Wanderer

Ajax-hybrid said:
Horses are about 402 gold, I don't think it will be an issue. Heck go to delucia there is a spawn there of about 50 ostards

Its still a pain... get killed, have to run to get ressed and run to buy horse... and if you are in factions/c/o or even red its just become a major hassle. and place as many ostards as you out outside delucia... my characters don't have taming, don't have the 30 extra points for it. This doesn't sound like a bad idea (about the vet rewards) but i would prefer mounts still be ridable after 3 months. Or maybe do it where everyone can use vet rewards of any age, just only those w/ accounts old neough will get the rewards, creating a big market for vet rewards. The way the shard is, it already rewards those who are already established and have tons of gold and can afford to lose/use lighting wands at 2k a charge ect... why make it harder for the guy starting out and making him pay 602 gp everytime his horse dies? and on this server, horses die often. Or you can make him take the time to find a tamer to res the horse... which if he wants to do faction, has to be a faction tamer which unless you got a friend w/ one who is on right then, is hard to find.

spl

Wanderer

i voted yes. It sounds great, but 1 thing is... rarer ethereal's or items should cost more points to redeem the reward... that way the guys with 3 year+ accounts don't abuse it and make it into a gold mine on their rewards whereas most of them have 10+ accounts at the same age... that way it makes it so unfair for the newer players.

Ajax

Lord

Legbone said:
Its still a pain... get killed, have to run to get ressed and run to buy horse... and if you are in factions/c/o or even red its just become a major hassle. and place as many ostards as you out outside delucia... my characters don't have taming, don't have the 30 extra points for it. This doesn't sound like a bad idea (about the vet rewards) but i would prefer mounts still be ridable after 3 months. Or maybe do it where everyone can use vet rewards of any age, just only those w/ accounts old neough will get the rewards, creating a big market for vet rewards. The way the shard is, it already rewards those who are already established and have tons of gold and can afford to lose/use lighting wands at 2k a charge ect... why make it harder for the guy starting out and making him pay 602 gp everytime his horse dies? and on this server, horses die often. Or you can make him take the time to find a tamer to res the horse... which if he wants to do faction, has to be a faction tamer which unless you got a friend w/ one who is on right then, is hard to find.
everone goes through it at some point, all part of the game you are making it sound much more complicated than it is, there are stables damn near everywhere and someone is always taming in delucia. Maybe this will make it worth taming and trying to sell to the new players trying to make a buck. I think it's a great idea

Gankis Khan

Sorceror

I dont even pick my rewards no more, I just close the gump and move along.

Ajax

Lord

spl said:
i voted yes. It sounds great, but 1 thing is... rarer ethereal's or items should cost more points to redeem the reward... that way the guys with 3 year+ accounts don't abuse it and make it into a gold mine on their rewards whereas most of them have 10+ accounts at the same age... that way it makes it so unfair for the newer players.
it's not unfair, everyone was new at sometime not everyone can be equal here why do you think they are called veteran rewards, its for the players that have been here long enough to be reconized for their years of playing.

Calthness

Wanderer

Probably this is a stupid question, but...
If Ryan will choose to redone all the veteran reward sistem, this will affect also the donation ethereals too?

I vote yes and I'm not sure how old my accounts are but oh well

I think it would be cool

tbh I haven't played UO in awhile but who cares? Do it anyway

Its your shard afterall

Stides40oz

Knight

All my accounts have like 30+ vet rewards available but i never take them cuz they suck once u get them once ok and i dont want to lag the sherd

Ajax

Lord

Stides said:
All my accounts have like 30+ vet rewards available but i never take them cuz they suck once u get them once ok and i dont want to lag the sherd
the server is huge, pick away :tup:

inferno0261

Wanderer

Should be good if the vet rewards keep it in the same account , I mean you cant trade to your other account or place it in a vendor like hero / evil stuff.

Ajax

Lord

Enrique Shanaar said:
Should be good if the vet rewards keep it in the same account , I mean you cant trade to your other account or place it in a vendor like hero / evil stuff.
yeah i was thinking the same thing, except make it so you can lock the items down unlike the faction system if there are statues / random house decor

Arturo

Sorceror

i vote yes
Gankis Khan said:
I dont even pick my rewards no more, I just close the gump and move along.
:ditto:
Suil Ban said:
how long will this poll run, and if Yes wins, how long until the changes come into place? i'm so excited :(
:ditto:

ya ill lose and item and just choose another because they are pretty much worth nothing, i do that alot, and still have tons to choose.