UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Should the veteran reward system be overhauled and rebuilt?

• Yes

Votes: 286 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elendili!

Knight
Re: A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

as long as i get my copper robes back

will you have the osi rewards? i want a flag banner tbh

you could make ethereal horse avaible at 3 month to for the newbs also

Countessa

Knight

Do it.

And might I suggest:
rather than receiving the reward, the reward should cost gold of a large sum. The reward being the availability of the item, not the item itself. This would limit the players with mass accounts from flooding the market with the new items and help retain their value.

joeycod

Wanderer

i just looked thru the uo vet rewards and some cool ones are

Banners
  • Banners can be placed in houses and have areas that can be dyed using a dye-tub.
  • When selecting a banner as your reward, you will receive a banner deed.
  • To place the banner, double-click the deed. A targeting cursor will appear.
  • Targeting a wall inside a house will place the banner on that wall. The banner cannot be picked up once placed.
  • To remove the banner, the owner or co-owner of the house can double-click the banner. After clicking the confirmation window, the banner will be removed and a banner deed will be placed in the character’s backpack.
  • Using a dye-tub on a banner will dye portions of the banner. Each banner has a different area that can be dyed.
Flaming Skull
  • The flaming skull is a house decoration that can be placed on the walls of a house.
  • When selecting a flaming skull as a reward, you will receive a skull deed.
  • To place the skull, double-click the deed. A targeting cursor will appear.
    • Targeting a wall inside a house will place the skull on that wall. The skull must be placed on a south-facing wall. The skull cannot be picked up once placed.
    • To remove the skull, the owner or co-owner of the house can double-click the skull. After clicking the confirmation window, the skull will be removed and a skull deed will be placed in the character’s backpack.
  • After the skull is locked down, when a character walks near the skull, it will begin spewing flames. The flames do not cause any damage.
  • Decorative Shield wall hanging
  • Skeleton wall hanging
  • Ankh decoration
plus of couse the ones we already have

A Walrus

Wanderer

Countessa said:
Do it.

And might I suggest:
rather than receiving the reward, the reward should cost gold of a large sum. The reward being the availability of the item, not the item itself. This would limit the players with mass accounts from flooding the market with the new items and help retain their value.

i completely agree 100%

laxandslacks

Wanderer

ok i bought alot of my vets rewars and i have a BUNCH so i think instead of deleting them u could make new one. Or pay me back the money i spent on them.

6 months for an ethereal would kind of blow. I probably didn’t play Hybrid for more than five hours until it hit 90 days. As soon as that happened I started playing regularly. I’ll fully admit to being a bitch about it but I just don’t give a shit about keeping up with a bonded horse or even hitting the stables. I guess by the time this would go in I will be at 6+ months so it won’t really be a big deal, but it probably will have an effect on newer people just getting into the shard. IMO wiping items isn’t a particularly appealing solution as the harms of the current system are pretty trivial.

It would be kind of cool if the system were changed so that people were encouraged to save vet points. Go ahead and add new rewards for long term vets at one, two, three, etc year marks, but also make it so that each tier of rewards is X point(s) more expensive than the last. That way you reward people who haven’t been flooding the game with excessive rewards.

Fain

Sorceror

laxandslacks said:
ok i bought alot of my vets rewars and i have a BUNCH so i think instead of deleting them u could make new one. Or pay me back the money i spent on them.

They're probably worth a grand total of 5k - if that..

cool now the ingame poll makes sense and i am defiantley gonna vote yes i think i got somewhere between 50-100 unclaimed rewards atm on my various accounts. It will be nice not having that annoying screen everytime i log in

Ides of March said:
6 months for an ethereal would kind of blow. I probably didn’t play Hybrid for more than five hours until it hit 90 days. As soon as that happened I started playing regularly. I’ll fully admit to being a bitch about it but I just don’t give a shit about keeping up with a bonded horse or even hitting the stables. I guess by the time this would go in I will be at 6+ months so it won’t really be a big deal, but it probably will have an effect on newer people just getting into the shard. IMO wiping items isn’t a particularly appealing solution as the harms of the current system are pretty trivial.

Tbh it sounds like you just don't want to lose your ethy - which is the mentality we don't need in this thread. Blow $20 or ~200k and get a donation ethy if you don't want to bond a mount.

snoddydodi

Sorceror

I have a question....You say that we would get ethereal steeds at 6 months....Well say if Our accounts are already 6 months old....would we just be able to get new ones right off the bat or do we start over with the age of the account....ive got one thats also 3 months old...so would I have to wait 3 more months or another 6 to get steeds?

Ajax

Lord

Bobby McPrescott said:
Tbh it sounds like you just don't want to lose your ethy - which is the mentality we don't need in this thread. Blow $20 or ~200k and get a donation ethy if you don't want to bond a mount.
i agree with booby

Phallen

Sorceror

Lint said:
Yeah I just wish my account wouldnt have gotten deleted with the away time :/ As u can see I've been here since Dec 2004 on forums and only 1 month on accounts right now :"( . But yeah new rewards sounds good I hope u guys get something badass and cg on being part of this shard for the extended period of time.

Agreed

destrogalx

Sorceror

After understanding that the account ages would be left unchanged, I am all for this proposition.

Trios

Wanderer

For the most part I agree however I believe its kinda stupid that to use a runebook dye tub your going to have to wait for 2 years... thats just too long... so I recommend that getting the items can take longer but being able to use them shouldn't be. That'll raise the value.

- Trios