UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

About pvp!

Re: About pvp!

If anyone of any race, creed, color, origin, sexual preference, and gender oritentation is/was/or will be insulted and/or offended by anything I say here, please contact the nearest US consulate supplying contact information so that I may send correspondence in which I will explain in exact and distinct terms how much I do not care.

EvilChild;391350 said:
I love the random insults that are directed at me for no reason.

I also said pvp ACTIVELY... like as in... wait let me do what you do... If your pee sized brain can handle this sentence that I type out then maybe just maybe we can all hope that you'd understand what I'm talking about. Actively means that you do it alot... so you pvp alot... following me? Good... You can't be an active pvper if you only kill someone once a blue moon. Oh, but just to clarify things... I did read your post. So I know you don't pvp here, you said so yourself. So when we are discussing the state of DEMISE pvp, not legends, I still don't think you have much say in anything... in fact... I don't even know why you care about demise pvp?

*sigh* apparently something I said before pushed a button on you or something

Or maybe you just enjoy being rude to people you don't know

The insults were not in any way random. They were pointedly directed at you. Personally. Why? You interjected youself with a comment that presumed much and knew nothing. As far as push buttons... not likely.. while my post may seem vitriolic on the surface it is actually typed in a calm and precise frame of mind. Nothing here is worth getting upset over. Its a game. Oh, and don't try my posting style.. you're not very good at it. If you want some tips PM me.

On the state of pvp on demise I have quite a bit to say. If you agree fine.. if not, thats fine too but doesn't make it any less true based upon what I have seen.
I am here discussing the state of pvp on demise because the state of pvp on demise is the very reason why I don't actively pvp here. When I first came to the shard I took a close look at the pvp environment and found it a haunt for juvenile behaviour, idiotic activity and just plain sad. A couple of my friends did join their characters to pvp guilds and the politics and childish behaviour caused one to quit almost immediately. The reason? Too much childish BS. While the other hung on until kicked (from zen) for no given reason. Why he was kicked I neither know nor care nor wish to speculate upon.. thats zen's business and not any of mine. The activity on the forums by the main pvp guilds and pvp'ers only reinforced my distaste for what I saw. The single original idea I've seen posted (the mage duels) was met with ridicule and derision from the "pvp'ers" instead of discussing the pros and cons and deciding if it would be worth trying. Why? becuase the idea lent itself to something other than "uberleetskeetpawning" I would like pvp to get better but as long as the same people are doing the same things. It will not. The system appears to be set up for a few to be "hero pvp'ers" while keeping anyone new from actually starting and becoming good. While this isn't a real bar to anyone such as myself and others with pvp experience and some decent gear... who would want to be associated with the behaviour we see here except for those of a like mindset of the existing pvp'ers? It is the haven of a geared to the gills few (and their buddies they set up with gear) who spend more time flaming each other in forums than actual pvp. You don't have pvp here on demise.. you don't have pvp guilds here on demise. What you have is a few mutable cliques running around frenzily throwing fireballs at each other, their own guild mates and everyone else they see when they're not flaming each other in forum threads. That may be your definition of pvp.. its not mine. Ergo I choose to not actively pvp. Its a truly sad state of affairs, and I don't see it improving in the near future. Despite all the whining and moaning, apparantly you all like it just the way it is.

ParagonDancer;391358 said:
All languages are incredibly complex, especially much more than your average game of "pick up sticks." If I was Asian, I would probably be offended by your somewhat obscure simile to describe their red, yellow, and blue (primary) method of communication.

Are you being intentionally obtuse? My comments are in no way a simile nor have anything to do with the obvious complexities of languages nor color schemes. The written languages of most asian cultures looks very much like tossed pickup sticks. Arabic looks like chicken scratches. Printed english looks like a childs drawing of stick men. Printed eastern european languages look like a dyslexic child's stick men drawings. This is merely a visual observation and if anyone is offended by the comparisons perhaps they should take a look at said written languages and recalibrate their sensibility meter to something a bit closer to reality.

Davey_Havok

Sorceror

Reaper_de_Grim;391418 said:
Are you being intentionally obtuse? My comments are in no way a simile nor have anything to do with the obvious complexities of languages nor color schemes. The written languages of most asian cultures looks very much like tossed pickup sticks. Arabic looks like chicken scratches. Printed english looks like a childs drawing of stick men. Printed eastern european languages look like a dyslexic child's stick men drawings. This is merely a visual observation and if anyone is offended by the comparisons perhaps they should take a look at said written languages and recalibrate their sensibility meter to something a bit closer to reality.

I don't understand why you're making visual references to the appearance of international written word? What relevance does it have with anything on this game? Gtfo kthx.

EvilChild

Knight

Reaper_de_Grim;391415 said:
The insults were not in any way random. They were pointedly directed at you. Personally. Why? You interjected youself with a comment that presumed much and knew nothing. As far as push buttons... not likely.. while my post may seem vitriolic on the surface it is actually typed in a calm and precise frame of mind. Nothing here is worth getting upset over. Its a game. Oh, and don't try my posting style.. you're not very good at it. If you want some tips PM me.

On the state of pvp on demise I have quite a bit to say. If you agree fine.. if not, thats fine too but doesn't make it any less true based upon what I have seen.
I am here discussing the state of pvp on demise because the state of pvp on demise is the very reason why I don't actively pvp here. When I first came to the shard I took a close look at the pvp environment and found it a haunt for juvenile behaviour, idiotic activity and just plain sad. A couple of my friends did join their characters to pvp guilds and the politics and childish behaviour caused one to quit almost immediately. The reason? Too much childish BS. While the other hung on until kicked (from zen) for no given reason. Why he was kicked I neither know nor care nor wish to speculate upon.. thats zen's business and not any of mine. The activity on the forums by the main pvp guilds and pvp'ers only reinforced my distaste for what I saw. The single original idea I've seen posted (the mage duels) was met with ridicule and derision from the "pvp'ers" instead of discussing the pros and cons and deciding if it would be worth trying. Why? becuase the idea lent itself to something other than "uberleetskeetpawning" I would like pvp to get better but as long as the same people are doing the same things. It will not. The system appears to be set up for a few to be "hero pvp'ers" while keeping anyone new from actually starting and becoming good. While this isn't a real bar to anyone such as myself and others with pvp experience and some decent gear... who would want to be associated with the behaviour we see here except for those of a like mindset of the existing pvp'ers? It is the haven of a geared to the gills few (and their buddies they set up with gear) who spend more time flaming each other in forums than actual pvp. You don't have pvp here on demise.. you don't have pvp guilds here on demise. What you have is a few mutable cliques running around frenzily throwing fireballs at each other, their own guild mates and everyone else they see when they're not flaming each other in forum threads. That may be your definition of pvp.. its not mine. Ergo I choose to not actively pvp. Its a truly sad state of affairs, and I don't see it improving in the near future. Despite all the whining and moaning, apparantly you all like it just the way it is.

tbh I don't think demise pvp is missing you much

In fact I would go so far as to say you would actually make things much worse, if your posts are any indication of how you would behave on the field I think we can all safely say that you should stay in trammel.

I'm done listening to you though your opinion has no weight as far as I'm concerned...

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to use the ignore feature but you're the first candidate. grats I guess lol

Reaper_de_Grim;391418 said:
comments are in no way a simile

Uh,

"asian language that looks like a game of pick up sticks" <- Simile. Comparison using "like" or "as"

Red, Yellow, and Blue are the primary colours. So, another way to say the word primary. I put it in brackets (primary) as I figured you wouldn't gather that.

"The written languages of most asian cultures looks very much like tossed pickup sticks" -> Another simile.

"Arabic looks like chicken scratches" -> Simile.

"Printed english looks like a childs drawing of stick men." -> Simile.

"Printed eastern european languages look like a dyslexic child's stick men drawings" -> Simile.

"This is merely a visual observation and if anyone is offended by the comparisons" -> So... you say they are not simile's, and then go on to contradict yourself?

Davey_Havok;391419 said:
I don't understand why you're making visual references to the appearance of international written word? What relevance does it have with anything on this game? Gtfo kthx.

Back read the thread... it was brought up by paragondancer.

Reaper_de_Grim;391435 said:
Back read the thread... it was brought up by paragondancer.

Um, you said a comment about asian language looking like pick up sticks. I said I thought that was rude. I made no such comment about what an asian language looks like visually before you did.

ParagonDancer;391432 said:
Uh,

"asian language that looks like a game of pick up sticks" <- Simile. Comparison using "like" or "as"

Red, Yellow, and Blue are the primary colours. So, another way to say the word primary. I put it in brackets (primary) as I figured you wouldn't gather that.

"The written languages of most asian cultures looks very much like tossed pickup sticks" -> Another simile.

"Arabic looks like chicken scratches" -> Simile.

"Printed english looks like a childs drawing of stick men." -> Simile.

"Printed eastern european languages look like a dyslexic child's stick men drawings" -> Simile.

"This is merely a visual observation and if anyone is offended by the comparisons" -> So... you say they are not simile's, and then go on to contradict yourself?

I see your confusion.. you are missing part of the definition of simile.

Definition: simile: a figure of speech comparing two unlike things that is often introduced by like or as. Example: She has cheeks like red roses.

Definition: Description: discourse intended to give a mental image of something experienced. Example: Her cheeks look like red roses.

The original simile you attempted to draw did not exist as you attempted to interpret it (purposefully I'm beginning to think). It was a discription, not a simile. So are your latest examples.. to say something looks like something else is a discription not a simile.

You are correct on one item.. "examples" should replace the word "comparisons" I seldom use the incorrect word, thank you for pointing that out.

Chamilli0nAir3;391447 said:
God reaper just stfu and gtfo scrub.

Another excellent example of the level of intelligence and sophistication of our pvp community. Thank you for helping me make my point.

ParagonDancer;391441 said:
Um, you said a comment about asian language looking like pick up sticks. I said I thought that was rude. I made no such comment about what an asian language looks like visually before you did.

You guys are a riot, don't be so defensive. I neither say directly nor infer any comment on your part. As is plain in the post. Perhaps I did not state clearly that what I was doing was in direct reply to a point you made to me. I thought back reading the thread would be pretty self explanatory. Happy?

Davey_Havok

Sorceror

Reaper_de_Grim;391457 said:
You guys are a riot, don't be so defensive. I neither say directly nor infer any comment on your part. As is plain in the post. Perhaps I did not state clearly that what I was doing was in direct reply to a point you made to me. I thought back reading the thread would be pretty self explanatory. Happy?

I'm still unsure of why you're posting in this thread? You're bashing pvp, and more then likely don't visit fel, so you have no room to talk.

Davey_Havok;391461 said:
I'm still unsure of why you're posting in this thread? You're bashing pvp, and more then likely don't visit fel, so you have no room to talk.

This thread is about pvp on this shard. I'm discussing the way pvp is played or not played by the people who play it on this shard and my opinions of same. (when not sidetracked by silliness of who might be offended by what) If you want to call honest observation (instead of the normal juvenile flaming that occurs here) of the situation bashing.. ok I'm bashing. I spend quite a bit more time in fel than you might think. (how else could I have seen what I've seen that goes on there?) I just don't interact with the "pvp community" very much. I think the majority of you are a bunch of twits and not likely to outgrow it. My views, observations and opinions are plainly stated in previous posts. If you want to discuss the situation lets do it. If you disagree, bring your arguements and lets discourse. If you want to join in the highschool hijinks.. I'll pass.

Buiu;391455 said:
LoL and since when shit talk and pvp dont walk together?

You are absolutely 100% correct.. but that wasn't shittalking by Chamillion.. that was a lack of intelligence coupled with compulsive "spout something unintelligible" disorder directed by under-educated under-achieving behaviour. He's probably about 3 IQ pts away from being reclassified as a radish.

(you mentioned something about shit talking?:D)

Buiu;391473 said:
lol u write a lot for some simples questions ...

ROFL.. its not really alot.. I just use ALL the letters (including the vowels) and polysyllabic words. The "Wht r u up 2" stuff is a sign of laziness and lack of vocabulary.