UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

alchy/stun vs. alchy/heal

what you say

• alchy/stun

Votes: 265 79.1%
  • alchy/heal

Votes: 70 20.9%

• Total voters
alchy/stun vs. alchy/heal

my apologies for another template comparison thread. i know alchy/stun is highly regarded for good reason. just wondering how alchy/heal measures up (in a 1v1 situation mainly). does lack of stun make it really difficult to kill even with alchy? appreciate the help..

Kingllama

Knight
Re: alchy/stun vs. alchy/heal

Alchy stun because if yer a alchy heal yu have to learn a whole new and style of fighting

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

well, the best is probably stun but alchy healer is a sweet template, i have one and they are total ownage if you can kill without stun, you have to be good with explodes to win with no stun, its almost 5xing with pots when you got no stun and just exp pot nox eb pot eb like everyone likes to do. you have to stagger your damage to disrupt.

but if your new to alchy go with the stun, ALSO in alchy fights with low dex sometimes u dont even get a chance to get ur bandaids off if they get a ncie stun.

how does alchy heal template even work? im guessing its without wrestling?

mage eval med resist alchy anatomy healing? or what

catts

Sorceror

Problem with healing is that dex effects the level of speed it takes to heal.

Although alchemy is more of an offensive combat skill. If someone runs on you and starts casting before you... that'll put you at a huge disadvantage because usually you will cast back and prepare a pot... but it'll make you stay on the defensive. Extra bonus pts though it'll take less regs with the bandaid. I've seen a scribe/heal on OSI dude was pretty good. always timed himself with the cure pots.

Its a Decent template... that will take a while to get used to. I prefer my scribe/poison/alchy mage. inscribe reflects both explo/energy bolt and all I need is 1 explosion and a pot to hit and they die, poison its great when they decide to run and chug :p takes em an extra second.

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

catts;1548331 said:
Problem with healing is that dex effects the level of speed it takes to heal.

Although alchemy is more of an offensive combat skill. If someone runs on you and starts casting before you... that'll put you at a huge disadvantage because usually you will cast back and prepare a pot... but it'll make you stay on the defensive. Extra bonus pts though it'll take less regs with the bandaid. I've seen a scribe/heal on OSI dude was pretty good. always timed himself with the cure pots.

if someone runs up on you and starts casting firs tyou are at an advantage compared to being an alchy stun becasue you can survive dumps better...

HYBRIDBob

Wanderer

I haven't read any responses to this thread but it would be completely worthless. Stun plays a key roll in both 1v1s and group pvp. Without it the perosn you are fighting will have a much easier time surviving your dumps. It doesn't matter what you do to make yourself survive longer, if you can't kill a guy, you are worthless 1v1.

Also, without wrestling you'll enjoy getting stunned quite often while fighting people.

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

Bob;1548366 said:
Also, without wrestling you'll enjoy getting stunned quite often while fighting people.

stunning relies on someone landing a punch now, and if you have eval and anatomy they average out to make your defensive wreslting...and if they are both 100 you arent going to get punched or stunned anymore...

hmm what about stun/heal? That's taking it back old school, but i've seen some people straight up own good alchy stuns with that template. It takes a long ass time to get good at, but if you can 1v1 without alchemy as efficiently as you can with alchemy, you're at a clear advantage as you will have aids rolling at all times. gotta be damn precise with your stuns though.

Illraic

Wanderer

I think the whole alchy / explode pot thing has gotten outta hand.. I've heard rumors of people scripting it

Ajax

Lord

Illraic;1562113 said:
I think the whole alchy / explode pot thing has gotten outta hand.. I've heard rumors of people scripting it

:shocked:

Soul Shadown

Wanderer

the thing is..to get good heals by bandages,u need anatomy,but if u get anatomy,u will miss wrestling wich is needed to avoid the weapon hits..basically an alchy stun would get destroyed by a dexer.

bluerooster

Wanderer

Alchy/Stun is probually the funnest template except for losing the 50 pots everytime you die. If your good at stuning and quickly doing a combo. Alchy/Stun is the way to go.
1. Cast and drop Weaken
2. Load expo
3. Stun
4. Drop expo
5. Load pot
6. When pot is on 3 cast ebolt
7. when pot is on 2 throw pot
8. when ready drop ebolt
9. (final) d-e-a-d.

No problem. sometimes afterwords a poison lightning will drop em if they casted heal in the middle of the combo. virtually unstopable, when 1vs1

The 8 step killspree. :)

Devilnaut

Wanderer

Soul Shadown;1581876 said:
the thing is..to get good heals by bandages,u need anatomy,but if u get anatomy,u will miss wrestling wich is needed to avoid the weapon hits..basically an alchy stun would get destroyed by a dexer.

An alch heal would have both anatomy and evaluating intelligence which provide you with equivalent wrestling defense to GM wrestle.

DapperDan

Sorceror

bluerooster;1592492 said:
Alchy/Stun is probually the funnest template except for losing the 50 pots everytime you die. If your good at stuning and quickly doing a combo. Alchy/Stun is the way to go.
1. Cast and drop Weaken
2. Load expo
3. Stun
4. Drop expo
5. Load pot
8. when ready drop ebolt
9. (final) d-e-a-d.

No problem. sometimes afterwords a poison lightning will drop em if they casted heal in the middle of the combo. virtually unstopable, when 1vs1

Lol at your combo. 1v1 alchy stun for money?

Smaklo

Wanderer

bluerooster;1592492 said:
1. Cast and drop Weaken
2. Load expo
3. Stun
4. Drop expo
5. Load pot
8. when ready drop ebolt
9. (final) d-e-a-d.

lol what kinda noobies r u fighting?

:S