UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

alchy/stun vs. alchy/heal

what you say

• alchy/stun

Votes: 265 79.1%
  • alchy/heal

Votes: 70 20.9%

• Total voters

Smaklo

Wanderer
Re: alchy/stun vs. alchy/heal

I have an alchy healer
Once you get use to not having stun its a very interesting strat

I find alchy healers reallly good against everyy class.. just when youre fighting an alchy stun you need to be a little more cautious when fighting them
What usually happens is you guys will dump same time.. then it turns into a lower circle spell dmg and disrupt battle.. and either they will stun u and ur b-aid kicks in to save (if you time it right) or u die. You cant really go 'I dump you dump' against alchy stun when youre an alchy healer because their stun gives them a +1 on offence so youre at a disadvantage. It can be done but unless youre game is REALLY tight its best to play to your strats style strength

With alchy healer bascilly you let them dump to get your hp down to atleast 30-40%... let them think theyre about 2 win... let em dump until ur baid just about kicks in, precast and eb , explo whatever... and have that pot time ticking like 2 secs before your b aid kicks in... drop ur spell and pot... they think ur about 2 die cuz ur hp is prolly 40% or less.. b aid kicks u about 50 hp.. puts u up to around 50% . and youre dump should finish it if u time the drop while their mid cast.

This class all come down to timing the drop on youre b aid heal, youre strat is bluffing death...
Wear... then tear....

However my all time fav char is the stun/healer/pot tosser.

Best of both worlds. Now thats a duke it out strat that has the most versatility.

smote

Wanderer

I value stun to highly to lose wrestling for healing.
IMO it plays a vital role in all 1v1 or group fighting situations.

bodysn

Sorceror

Assuming this template is all about feild fighting and not custom made 1v1's.
Definatly go STUN.
EVERYONE WILL OFFSCREEN..
And even if they dont offscreen.. The fact that your target can offscreen at will, makes you WEAKER OFFENSIVLEY.
You will get tired of runners.. trust me.

You Could waste a skill on healing with bandages!
OR USE .............
HEAL WANDS make you an 8x Template. (Prefferably Greater Heal Wands)
HEAL WANDS also work 12 seconds faster then a 13 second bandage timer.
Take the time and integrate them into your pvp hotkeys.
Bring out a couple =)

As "Steve Zissou" said early on, Healer Alchemist offense is like 5x'ing with Explo pots.
I recomend you learn how to pvp in that stlye too. This will make you extremely comfortable with mixing up all the insane combo possibilities of alchemy. Make you real tuff.

I'v played both templates for a while.
For me, in the end it was the old half life "stun".
When stocked and played correctly, I see no weakness.

bodysn

Sorceror

Doctor Jones;1552268 said:
hmm what about stun/heal? That's taking it back old school, but i've seen some people straight up own good alchy stuns with that template. It takes a long ass time to get good at, but if you can 1v1 without alchemy as efficiently as you can with alchemy, you're at a clear advantage as you will have aids rolling at all times. gotta be damn precise with your stuns though.

Assuming each character is very skilled with their templates.
No way jose..
For example the kid I play with is skilled like a mother fucker with his 5x Magery damage + "stun" technique. Yet sometimes when we 1v1, I feel like Im eating cotten candy, or picking apples in a feild.

Flipper

Knight

alchy heal is too defensive to be an effective template 1v1

however on the field, i liked alchy heal, because i could survive ganks almost every time

roflcakes

Wanderer

Illraic;1562113 said:
I think the whole alchy / explode pot thing has gotten outta hand.. I've heard rumors of people scripting it

It is easy to make a macro to toss ur pots on time for you and it works well if you are chasing someone down, but if these macros won't work well in a head to head spell casting/tossing battle. You have to toss them yourself and be able to cast on the fly. Running looping sys msg macros will just mess up your combos.

TheBlack

Wanderer

I don't understand how you deal with having a 25% chance to land your stun punch, while it eats stamina. After two attempts you've shot your stamina load.

Dueling is also no pots even at 7x Mage setting, right?

I am currently stun/heal and I don't like stun due to low probability of landing it, and apparent need to get timing pretty much exact. I'm sure if I practice it more I might warm to it, but I cannot get over the random 25% nature of the stun punch.

Mustafa

Wanderer

These templates depends on what ya wanna do. If you are mostly a solo fielder you can go with alchy/stun or alchy heal... stun puts the icing on the cake... but to be honest if they are running and you have alchy you stun is helpful, but you can pot them down... add in a lightning wand and whent hey try to gheal you can zap them... healing also helps the soloer when they get ganked and they gotta run... bandages have saved my life against 10v1's many times... just make sure you got trapped pouches and hope to god they don't sutn you.

If you are a dueler, well it really depends what the duel is... obviously without adding alchy pots alchy is useless... if you are a 5xer only, drop all them and get tactics/anat for large damage punches... if you are a 7xer, a healing mage takes the cake...

If you run in groups, it really doesn't matter what you are as long as you can sync spells with other people... BUT if you are the offensive type you can take alchy with stun, stun so you can gank people more affectivley... if you are the defensive type, scribe is a good way to go... in a group field fight, healing is close to useless because allt he damage is in 5 seconds... alchy is nice if you wanna be a newb and spam pots at people 5v1... or if you are in a group and you run outta mana you can sync exp pots...

Either way, there are times when you will hate your template and love your template... Like getting bolad and being like OMG if i had parry i coulda blocked than and not have died... or when you go pot someone down with just alchy... and think you are good... when really you are doing 30 dmg every 5 seconds with no mana...

Anyways... no template is really better than another, it just depends on what situation you are in... and what you are comfortable with playing.. if you can't use alchy pots, it's hard to play an alchy...

-Stink Fist-

Wanderer

alky stuns are better then healers of any kind. bandies take about 12 seconds to apply (without your fingers sliping). an alky combo with followups take about 10 seconds. unless you can str up, apply aids, gheal up, get a full 45-50 dmg healed on the main sync and mini heal/heal pot for the last 5 seconds your screwed. even then your aids wont do the full 50 dmg cuz your fingers will have sliped about 7-10 times (depending on the follow ups).

not to say its imposible to heal through a alky stun combo, but id put my money on the stuner.

faux pas

Wanderer

Steve Zissou;1548479 said:
stunning relies on someone landing a punch now, and if you have eval and anatomy they average out to make your defensive wreslting...and if they are both 100 you arent going to get punched or stunned anymore...

what do you mean by that? im confused

Steve Zissou;1548337 said:
if someone runs up on you and starts casting firs tyou are at an advantage compared to being an alchy stun becasue you can survive dumps better...

make themw atse mana dumping then its your turn, and u didnt watse say 35 mana or so with gheals and mini heals

TheNuthigh

Knight

bodysn;1611790 said:
Assuming each character is very skilled with their templates.
No way jose..
For example the kid I play with is skilled like a mother fucker with his 5x Magery damage + "stun" technique. Yet sometimes when we 1v1, I feel like Im eating cotten candy, or picking apples in a feild.

its like stompin on ants

jorn

Sorceror

A heal stun that can time bandies, get timely stuns and throw 10-15 damage purples would be a good char.

unfortunately, I can neither time bandies or time pots in combos :(