UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Area Effect Spells

Are you in favor of the following changes?

• Yes

Votes: 307 65.9%
  • No

Votes: 159 34.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kainers

Wanderer
I feel these changes are definately needed. I agree with above post about you should be held accountable for how you use these things.
I am not hating on an alchemy mage, but honestly winging purple potions all over the place without worrying who gets hit is crazy. I can't just "mis-target" some random blue with an ebolt and get away with it.
Other post above who mentions having timing with the potions seems like a rare individual. I see people mostly just chucking these things all over.
Running off screen for a second to dodge them is also silly...I am fighting, I wish to stay on screen as much as I can. And for the most part..people just chase to toss a few more purple potions, causing me to further run. I am all about doing whatever it takes to win...but purple potions are cheesy. I have an alchemist and plenty of purple pots at my disposal but I refuse bring myself to use them.

A

Artemis

I think some of these spells should change while others shouldn't Meteor Storm and Chain Lightning should only attack those who are hostiled towards you not everyone around you. Earthquake and fields should change and so should explo potions.

skeet!

Wanderer
hellthe fuck yes!!

i'm tired of all the wreckless ms, and exp pot use.

especially with exp pots, i get chased around towns being exp pot'd way too much.

and i'm sick of everybody's BS/EV's not backfiring on them.

Yes.

It would make PvP more old school, and more legit. No more careless spell casting and pot tossing just to get a few more points of damage. It would cut back on the ever-increasing mindlessness of PvP.

Jin-Roh

Wanderer
not everything

I believe that only some area spells should be changed. Not all.

Actually after thinking about it more DONT change EQ and MS. EQ, MS, EV and BS are the only things that give smaller numbers advantages against big guilds that stack and shit [GOD]. Also it makes it so ppl that are guarding sigs can just get blues in there so the spells hit them also.

LongBullet

Wanderer
OMG! No. Ok, first off, missle, stop talking. Why would a BS/EV backfire on the caster... That was an error fixed... You don't cast Summon Daemon and it turns around and slaps you. And next, I usually can be found outside of Moonglow on my Pker ' A Duck'. If I have a few people with me (rare thing for me to gank, but for the example), I wouldn't want a Meteor Storm to hit my friends. I think that if I have enough magery to cast MS, I should be (in a real sence) able to control who it hits. And farther back, I just saw someone say "Serouisly, they are AREA OF EFFECT spells, they should hurt EVERYONE in the area.... DUH?! And yes, if someone runs thru a field and counts you. guess what? dont use fucking fields then. Bye now" Alright Anon, obviously your a trammelite. If you are blue, and partied with a bunch of people, attacking a house of reds, and you cast a poison field at the door, ANY old blue could come up, get hit, walk into guards and say "omg GUARDS". This would make fields useless anyway, because since they are used against groups, you would also have a group with you, and they would get hit just as much, making them a deterent to both sides. An experienced mages' most important stat is Intelligence. Obviously, yours is Dex.

I vote yes, but with that said things will be different for all those defending against GOD...there only affective weapon was to either field or eq them. but i say yes all the way!

Ok for those who whine to disagree, a field spells afects the persons within the FIELD OF THE SPELL "AOE" Area Of Effect, if youre dumb enough or so pvp challanged you cant cast MS without hiting your own people then dont use it, its makes logical sense if you going to cast a field spell thats hits all the enemys how can you control a random ball of fire from hitting your team if your teamember is right next to where its hitting... same with exp pots, learn to aim them and not randomly throw them, if i throw a grenade at you, its going to hit peopel around you not just you, LOGICAL. Its a shard that reps the old times of UO, and the change should happen, go DL or go look in the old UO handbook, it has like a boat with a dragon around it or something, and orcs and shit, the first UO disc ever, and read about the area spells, it clearly explains how to use it and what it affects, same with the pots.

Broken said:
If you are blue, and partied with a bunch of people, attacking a house of reds, and you cast a poison field at the door, ANY old blue could come up, get hit, walk into guards and say "omg GUARDS".
If you're attacking a house of reds, where the fuck are the guards coming from?

I would like to take this chance to say that faction traps should also hurt all other players as well, including the person who placed the trap.

LongBullet

Wanderer
There you go raven. And whoever is flaming my post about the house of reds.... there are tons of red-houses RIGHT outside the GZ's... Why would you want a house super far away where no blues are.. actually come to glow ill show you one :)

AnBuSasuke

Wanderer
they do if im not mistaken i was asking about traps to another sl memeber the other day and he said most of the traps that have killed me/other sl members where his
correct me if im wrong please

LongBullet

Wanderer
I guess this lameass change is going to go through... You know... not all pre- things are good... thats why there are "updates"... to fix them...

AnBuSasuke

Wanderer
not all are good...but these are good...also thanks for making this poll it is giving me somthing to do as i wait for this damn idoc to fall....been waiting all day and iv been the only one here cept for one guy who ran by also just noticed theres a ghost standing in front of me as well... :p...cant you gm's come demolish it or somthing for me? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.