UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Best 1v1 Field Pvper active today?

Rudy Tamer

Wanderer
Re: Best 1v1 Field Pvper active today?

sriquixotic said:
Everyone in the field chugs cure/heal pots like they cant help it and throws explo pots like its cool. I wish pots and fairy wands weren't acceptable in 1v1 fights, field or not. Thats how it was played way back then, chug a pot and the whole shard knew you were garbage... lol but thats my opinion and I know not everyone agrees.

shh.

wands are gay though.

GradGT

Sorceror

sriquixotic said:
Everyone in the field chugs cure/heal pots like they cant help it and throws explo pots like its cool. I wish pots and fairy wands weren't acceptable in 1v1 fights, field or not. Thats how it was played way back then, chug a pot and the whole shard knew you were garbage... lol but thats my opinion and I know not everyone agrees.

i may bes dumb but evan i can tell yuo are just makaing excuses to suck!!!!!!

Xavier5

Sorceror

i love douchebags who dump on you then run when they call you gay for using pots and alalwlawlawlalwla at how good they r

Romey

Sorceror

sriquixotic said:

It's true, back on LS if you chugged pots 1v1 then you were considered trash by the whole pvp community. When you pvp like that for so long then come to a shard where 90% of the people chug pots 1v1 then its hard to change your mindset about it. It's 2 different shards and 2 different time periods though. I personally don't think someones very good if they rely on pots to survive 1v1 (unless they're getting hit with vanqs or explode pots spammed on em)

Thats just my opinion though.

Ghost Knight

Sorceror

Romey said:
It's true, back on LS if you chugged pots 1v1 then you were considered trash by the whole pvp community.
When someone says something about me chugging, I just point out that we're not dueling. :)

GradGT

Sorceror

Romey said:
It's true, back on LS if you chugged pots 1v1 then you were considered trash by the whole pvp community. When you pvp like that for so long then come to a shard where 90% of the people chug pots 1v1 then its hard to change your mindset about it. It's 2 different shards and 2 different time periods though. I personally don't think someones very good if they rely on pots to survive 1v1 (unless they're getting hit with vanqs or explode pots spammed on em)

That's because back on LS people didn't know how to kill people that chugged pots. Times have changed and the pvp bar has been raised considerably since OSI.

Romey

Sorceror

Grad said:
That's because back on LS people didn't know how to kill people that chugged pots. Times have changed and the pvp bar has been raised considerably since OSI.

Actually people on LS had no problem killing people that chugged pots, it had nothing to do with that. It had everything to do with "honorable pvp" which alot of people actually cared about back then. People here don't care about that anymore, not saying they should. They just believe in doing anything to win. I don't really care about honorable pvp anymore like I used to on LS, I still refuse to ever chug pots 1v1 though just cuz thats how I'm used to playing. I've never had a problem with killing people that chugged pots either, I don't think anyone can convince me that it takes any kind of skill to chug pots and run 1v1 though. If anything the PvP bar has been lowered considerably since OSI. There were alot more competitive guilds on LS than there ever were here. All you really need here is 10 people to run around with bolas and spam ebolt. Don't get me wrong, I love the pvp here because of the quantity, but the quality is lacking.

r33n

Knight

I love you Romey, but there are plenty of guilds here that would have demolished the groups back on your OSI server. The organization of the guilds here is uncanny. There are groups of 10 people, like you said, that turret e-bolts on this server. But, they get destroyed by organized pvpers. It just happened yesterday actually. Just have 2-3 guys designated on heals, and the rest will sync the target. Rinse and repeat.

You are the man 1v1, but unfortunately times have changed and literally 99% of the people chug 1v1. If they don't chug against me, I won't chug against them. But the only people that don't chug anymore, are dexxers that probably can't afford buy potions. I, for one, think that 1v1 with pots is much harder than 1v1 w/out them.

Flipper

Knight

yes

1v1 with pots encourages creativity, outside-the-box thinking, and evolution of pvp. without them we would still be casting the same 3-4 spells over and over calling the lucky damage "skill"

Romey

Sorceror

I agree that guild organization is better than it used to be and that there have been guilds here that could have dominated any OSI shard such as Rage, Ck6 and c2w. It just seems like these kind of guilds come so few and far between here while they were more common on OSI =(

Comparing Hybrid to OSI is like comparing Ladainian Tomlinson to Walter Payton or Lebron James to Michael Jordan, the debate could go on forever! =P

Romey said:
I agree that guild organization is better than it used to be and that there have been guilds here that could have dominated any OSI shard such as Rage, Ck6 and c2w. It just seems like these kind of guilds come so few and far between here while they were more common on OSI =(
I thinks its the amount of players and the people who was on those guilds during OSI times. You account that there was few pvpers on OSI compared to trammys, where as this shard is oppsoite. Therefore most guilds had a few good pvp'ers with the rest consisting of average/decent players. This shard consist of smaller numbers and all members nearly equally playing ability.
And while i also agree that pots may had more creativity, it feel it tarnishes pvp. Maybe more so do the extreme it is used here. I also feel the same about 7x duels, i just feel 5x is a true example of good you are. I guess im just too old fashioned? :(

Romey said:

Comparing Hybrid to OSI is like comparing Ladainian Tomlinson to Walter Payton or Lebron James to Michael Jordan, the debate could go on forever! =P

Yeah, there are always those certain guild's that stand out amongst others. :)

Ironfist Max

Sorceror

5x was never the standard to base a duelist's skill. Why some of you believe 5x takes more skill then 7x is seriously beyond me.

"omg I got the lucky punch and most damage in, you suck."

Tribal

Lord

Romey said:

i still call people noobs for chugging pots 1v1

Patheasy

Sorceror

everyone already knows im the best 7x field/chugger one v one master mind.

btw im taking 50-100k best of three field duels pm me or aim:bwise387

and bob... your garbage on the field tbh imo lol

Lesabre

Sorceror

Ironfist Max said:
5x was never the standard to base a duelist's skill. Why some of you believe 5x takes more skill then 7x is seriously beyond me.

"omg I got the lucky punch and most damage in, you suck."
Thats true, but that same generally applies to 7x. Put two decent stun mages in a pit together and the winner will "usually" be the one who got the lucky stun in.

Same goes for tanks, lucky para blow, lucky conc blow, ect.