UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

blacksmithing worth it?

Is blacksmithing worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 429 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 223 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

a noob

Sorceror
blacksmithing worth it?

I have 3 tailors and all though it took some time to make some profit, it seems worth it. I've been making profit by selling sandals, cloths, and gm leather armor. I know blacksmithing bods have a much greater potential for huge cash with verite bods and such. Should I invest my 20k of iron ignots into making a blacksmith or keep mining and just sell the ignots? I'm wondering how difficult it is to get those bods and how many blacksmiths do you guys have? I'm considering making multiple blacksmiths to increase my chances of getting high end bods. Well let me know if in your opinion if its worth it thanks.

Re: blacksmithing worth it?

I have a blacksmith almost GM, as of yet I have not made any real money, but Im hoping I will start making alot once I Gm it. selling ingots seems to be a big market as well. so Im not sure...

It's really a by chance thing. You can make a ton of money if your first bod is a high end one, or you could be stuck for months trying to get anything decent. It's a gamble, but really with the cost it takes to gm a smith, the pay off is there if you are willing to wait for it.

Xx-GoD-xX

Knight

accidently voted no, but i meant to vote yes, it is worth it, basicly for what dj said.

Ministry

Wanderer

blacksmithing is not really worth it as a money maker unless you collect alot of bods but that will take a huge amount of time since its 1 per 3 hours... you will get the same odds of getting rich as if you wander around the map looking for idoc's and happen across one falling and load up on loots. having a blacksmith is handy for repairing weapons and ...... repairing weapons and .... repairing weapons....
mining isn't even really worth it either you will spend many boring hours clicking rocks only to end up with a few thousand ingots worth like 8gp each. you can make more gold farming earth ele's in shame with a noob warrior.

MarcusO

Sorceror

I don't know about the profitability of making stuff and selling it to other peeps, but some of the Blacksmith BODs are *very* profitable. My smith has ~300K gp, and I've not yet started selling my accumulating stash of runic hammers and powerscrolls.

One warning...mining and smithing can be very time-consuming! :)

Xx-GoD-xX

Knight

get 2 accounts, get 1x smithys on all of them, (10 chars) pay some guy to do it :p ain't hard if you wanna do it yourself lol blah blah blah 10 bods every 3 hours, 80 bods a day if you're dedicated, 560 a week you're bound to get something good.

hivajisa

Wanderer

from what i hear a gm val wep (not runic) does the same dam as a vanq so if u gm smithing u can make nice val weps

a noob

Sorceror

hivajisa said:
from what i hear a gm val wep (not runic) does the same dam as a vanq so if u gm smithing u can make nice val weps

Can anyone verify this? I thought this wasn't true. Hope it is though.

joeycod

Wanderer

its not ture. colored ingot cannot be used for weapons unless w/ a runice hammer

Middle Man

Sorceror

I recently made alot of smiths and it is already worth it just in use. I have gotten several high end bods in the last couple weeks alone being aggy+ but im also running alot of smiths. before i had more than 3 smiths it wasnt really worth it and i didnt do them very much you definitlys need to commit to it and go 10 smiths or more to get the real cash.

But honestly Im not in it to sell the rewards more to use them for orcs. bloodclan ftw!

Irina

Wanderer

Collect Tailoring BODS :)

Sell them on a vendor, advertise the hell out of your vendor. Almost anytime I see BODS being sold I buy all of them. I don't know why. I don't fill them or anything, I just like them. There are lots of people that do that. When I used to sell BODS, I'd make millions a week. Don't put BOD cloth on a vendor, only put it on if someone requests. It takes up room and makes you pay the vendor more gold per day.

Sell 5k each for 20x small exceptional and you will sell out super fast.

Ghost Knight

Sorceror

I've been pretty disappointed in smith and tailor bods so far. It seems like all I ever get is iron and cloth bods.

wkstrm

Lord

on OSI I made a smaller fortune on my smith-BODs. here I don't care. I just don't feel like doing that shit over again. but I think if you dedicate to it you can make money.

tailoring seems easier though.

wkstrm

Lord

BOD = Bulk Order Deed.

You can get one if you're a smith/tailor when selling/buying from a NPC smith/tailor. It's grey or green deed that have a request. Like this:

20 exceptional krysses
or
10 halbards
or
15 chainmail tunics

Make the requested amount, dbl click the bod and target the items. Tehre, filled. turn it in to a smith and get a reward.

there is also LBOD's, large bulk order deeds. to fill one of those, get all the responding small BOD's, fill them and then fill the LBOD with the SBOD's.

wkstrm

Lord

search for Tessas Cove here on the forum and you'll find a link to a very good site that explains it very good.

tzung

Wanderer

Nice. I guess I will do that. Sounds better than just making stuff and smelting it if it is not EX. I will use the those things to fill BOD orders.

Nice.