UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

blacksmithing worth it?

Is blacksmithing worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 429 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 223 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bad Mojo

Wanderer
Re: blacksmithing worth it?

Screw BS Just buy gold for RL cash and play the game I dunno bout you guys but after what 8 years of macroing and muling I'm fed up with that shit. I'm officially retired.............and uh retarded

evilkillers

Wanderer

Well I have got a GM+ smith and have to say it would be worth more if they dropped down the frequency that you get useless weapon bods. I have gone weeks with only getting small weapon bods. I my self disagree with the philosophy that you should have tons of blacksmiths to raise the odds my thoughts are that you have spent tons of GP to get a high skill level yet the vendors still give you crap like your med level… now if they would give crap bods and then bods that require say sets of small weapon bods then there would be a reason to keep them.. Right now I just trash them…

no, all though GM wepaons hit harder valorite is jst stronger materia, i have a 120 smith yes with mutliple it is very profitable i have friends iwht multiple, they get constant BODS and if you get onew such as vally ppl will pay a cupple mills for em and you can also make 1 smith a factioner, which you sell faction runics (Gold+) to factioners making a ton of cash i know you can make 10 mill off an aggy hammer, just ask super mining man, hope my input helped, peace

Shadown420

Wanderer

a noob;1041227 said:
I have 3 tailors and all though it took some time to make some profit, it seems worth it. I've been making profit by selling sandals, cloths, and gm leather armor. I know blacksmithing bods have a much greater potential for huge cash with verite bods and such. Should I invest my 20k of iron ignots into making a blacksmith or keep mining and just sell the ignots? I'm wondering how difficult it is to get those bods and how many blacksmiths do you guys have? I'm considering making multiple blacksmiths to increase my chances of getting high end bods. Well let me know if in your opinion if its worth it thanks.

A successful bod farmer should have a minimum of 5 GM smiths.

I have one smith with around 115 skill, and I get bodson him around 3-4 times daily. This has has been going for about a month and I have not got a single bod gold or higher yet.
I know that if you get that one lucky bod its worth it but thats only if your going to sell the thing imo, because it would take forever to get a lbod set with just one smith.

ManaScrew987

Wanderer

Vabs555;1531294 said:
blacksmith is great

thanks for the awesome input.

Personally I think Tailoring is better for money. I see Pure White Cloth selling for more than lbod's plus with Tailoring you go around picking cotton, or killing sheep. With Smithing you have to mine for ore which is time consuming seeing how you have to raise mining as well :(

Mara

Knight

After spending a month doing these things I was about to start complaining. And then I got a verite small BOD and a 20 valorite exceptional chain large BOD in the last day or so. Maybe its not so bad after all. I just wish the money for the smaller BODs made it worth filling them.

kdivers

Knight

ManaScrew987;1531397 said:
thanks for the awesome input.

Personally I think Tailoring is better for money. I see Pure White Cloth selling for more than lbod's plus with Tailoring you go around picking cotton, or killing sheep. With Smithing you have to mine for ore which is time consuming seeing how you have to raise mining as well :(

you cant get pure white form bods....

and smithy is by far more profitable. i spent like 250k gp on ingots and made an account of 5 gm smiths. just hopping on at most a couple times a day for my bod run, (which only takes about 2 - 3mins) i made over a mil no problem... compare that to all the times i went tailor boding... tailor bods are only good to do if you manage to get those fucking footwear bods... other than that, they are mehhhh...

Jacques!

Sorceror

Why blacksmith when you can buy all the weapons and armor you need at our LOW LOW PRICES?

Veritas WKD

Sorceror

Wow, a year old thead that is still active somehow.

I like blacksmithy, and it's still really lucrative if you play it right. All in all I would way it's still worth it after the BOD changes.

kdivers

Knight

Veritas WKD;1595413 said:
Wow, a year old thead that is still active somehow.

I like blacksmithy, and it's still really lucrative if you play it right. All in all I would way it's still worth it after the BOD changes.

hell yea. smithy rewards are harder to get now, meaning those lucky bods will be worth more. and tailor rewards are worth complete shit...

Lorthic

Knight

Tommy Lee;1576003 said:
Let the thread die plz. thnx.

Why didn't they give you a show like Rock Of Love? Btw, I saw you on MTV cribs and your place is TERRIBLE.

Lorthic

Knight

Oh, and I'm currently going from GM-120 Blacksmithy. I don't do that or tailoring for bods. I do it simply because I want something to do. I enjoy it. It's relaxing compared to running around killing or getting killed. It also beats hearing the "GRARGH" of a balron as my mares kerpwn it. ;/

I suspect I'll use around 30-40k iron to get to 120 smithy.