UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

blacksmithing worth it?

Is blacksmithing worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 429 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 223 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sam-hybrid

Knight
Re: blacksmithing worth it?

ive made alot alot of money, talking like 14mil+ in not that long a time on my blacksmith.

Sam-hybrid

Knight

easy work hard a good few hours a day, plus i found an amazing spot to mine ;). hmm 4-5 months

spiky

Wanderer

you mean you sell for craft item or just the ignot ???....

Can provide some hint ?

Sam-hybrid

Knight

all really, cause of my spot i dont have to worry about other players atall, plus i have hugh storage so i can get maby 10k iron in no time. :)

tzung

Wanderer

So how do I find such Bods? I am confused on this I have a 7x Resource guy with Lumb, mining, blacksmith, leather, bowcraft, carpentry, tinkering.

I think there should be some way to make some real money with this clown...

grkig

Sorceror

tzung said:
So how do I find such Bods? I am confused on this I have a 7x Resource guy with Lumb, mining, blacksmith, leather, bowcraft, carpentry, tinkering.

I think there should be some way to make some real money with this clown...
Make some tongs, sell them to an npc smith in town. Get bod.

If you want to do bods yes, to mine an sell ore no. Either make just a miner or make a pk and kill miners for ingots. more fun less productive :)

-Ragnarok-

Wanderer

It's only worth it to repair your vanqs. As far as bods tailoring is better.

If ya want a cash machine/vanqs use a tamer... more fun, much much more of a sure thing... and waaaaay easier to make than 19 smiths. Plus you get actual GOLD not something that you need to put on a vendor and hope that it sells fast.

The people that say smith bods are ok are the ones that dedicate their UO life to only bods.

Now if you set your alarm for every three hours while you sleep, every night, then just a few smiths might work. I hope no one does this just for bods in UO but you know some do.

Like most people will tell you - tailoring is better... with smithing you get sooooo many weapon bods which are useless money losers to fill on uog and unless you have a ton of smiths you will have trouble even filling very many shadow iron armor large bods.

A Tamer or IDOC hunter is the way to go for fast cash - and it only takes one-two characters not 19.

As far as mining goes the way to do it is to recall from spot to spot. I mostly just mine Agapite-Valorite spots (don't use public runes mark your own, not hard). Even better is if your miner has a weapon skill - you can mine good ore spots AND fight decent monsters at the same time. Mining verite, say, as you fight efreets is a pretty lucrative alternative when you are bored with playing a tamer.

Bad Mojo

Wanderer

I think a smith would definately be worth if if they would unnerf the armor here on OSI plate was not -16 dex and ring and chain didnt have any penalty.

If you ask for filling BODs, most likely they are worth it, but since the majority of users have studded or leather armor due to dexterity loss, I don't think they are worth it for selling GM armor. I only use one blacksmith to make my equipment, not interested in BODs.

djstepanek;1041277 said:
It's really a by chance thing. You can make a ton of money if your first bod is a high end one, or you could be stuck for months trying to get anything decent. It's a gamble, but really with the cost it takes to gm a smith, the pay off is there if you are willing to wait for it.

Took the words outta my mouth bitch =P

Sir Kenga

Wanderer

I have 4 smiths for 3 months, i put into training like 100k each smith. Its 400k all. Already have a bunch of very good BODs, sold some BODs and some rewards, made like 1 mil. Also i sell gm weaps on vendor, a good little profit. :)

Nile Nykon

Wanderer

I definatly find blacksmithing worth it, but like what a lot of other people said, you have to put a lot of time into it..... etc.

But I seem to make a alright amount of money with my blacksmit/mining char, selling armour and weaps, and then selling iron ingots at 8gp piece. It all adds up.

Not really worth it for the amount of time you put into it. I can make a lot more doing idocs for ~5 hours a week than I could running 20 smiths. Plus you lose those char slots, so you can't play fun character.