UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - May 21, 2016 - Wands & more

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
@Pat McGroin can you even tell me how you got an extra 10 dex back in the insta hit tank mage days?

LOL

It's funny to see when someone is losing an argument their first line of defense is to stray away from it.

So based off your logic you think this change is going to bring back players?

Give it a month or two and when the player base does not go up and honestly if anything goes down then your logic has failed.

MOVING FORWARD

The only changes that need to be made to this server are ones that are going to bring back players and any thing else is a complete waste of fucking time.

If I am not wrong and this update brings back players to pvp against, then I will have no problem eating my words and admitting I am wrong.

But I can pretty much guarantee you, it won't.

kdivers

Knight
No

No they didn't.

The pvp I hold dear was created in the mid to late 90s when I started playing this game
The pvp from t2a era OSI is nothing like it is here...

Weaken + light wand, necessary for unbalanced group fights vs good people. Weaken + light wand, easy to heal if you aren't terrible... I don't follow your logic

UOSteam was created by Kraz/Diego, who had nothing to do with RunUO or any of that stuff. By definition, it is a third party program. The only difference in UOG's eyes is the fact that UOS is sanctioned. If I were to create my own super cheat version of Razor with speedhacks and packet interception with directed DDOS towards specific users, would it be third party or 'an assistant tool' ?

I am all for a healthy debate/discussion and have no opinion on the subject, but you are embarrassing yourself

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
The pvp from t2a era OSI is nothing like it is here...

Weaken + light wand, necessary for unbalanced group fights vs good people. Weaken + light wand, easy to heal if you aren't terrible... I don't follow your logic

UOSteam was created by Kraz/Diego, who had nothing to do with RunUO or any of that stuff. By definition, it is a third party program. The only difference in UOG's eyes is the fact that UOS is sanctioned. If I were to create my own super cheat version of Razor with speedhacks and packet interception with directed DDOS towards specific users, would it be third party or 'an assistant tool' ?

I am all for a healthy debate/discussion and have no opinion on the subject, but you are embarrassing yourself
Are you really that retarded that you need it simplified for you?

No matter how good you are you're not gonna be perfect. You will miss your heals sometimes and you will die to a 2 man weaken wand sync even if out numbered.

Now people who are fighting with larger numbers will simply spam str pots when ever the smaller numbered group loads making them basically impossible to kill.

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
Hey guys, please keep the comments related to the patch notes. If you want to have a discussion about some other forum of PvP please take it to those forums.
Also, stop insulting each other here flat out. Talk about the notes or do not post here at all.

Thanks.

Back in the day we would fight eqms without wands and we would dirt them 3 vs 10. Maybe uog just wants to go back to it's roots.
seriously, if the only reason you believe you can't kill somebody outnumbered is because you can't use a wand macro, then you aren't a very good player to begin with.

A good change for wands. They still cost no mana so they can still have their use for the ultimate min maxer, and they can't be abused by any pleb. +1

The bottom line is this is a good change. Will this alone bring back hordes of players? No way of knowing. However, knowing how much wands affected pvp and the mindset of players that were upset with wands, if/when these players come back they will be more likely to stay now that wands will hopefully be minimalized and not the norm for every fight, regardless of number.

Now if hybrid would get serious with pvp leagues(1v1-5v5, with actual maps larger than a 12x12) or have a staffer for only hosting PVP tournaments/monitoring duels or rank farming(hehe pat), and getting these tournaments on twitch, I'm certain theres a niche market for ultima PvP that viewers would like to watch, similar to super smash brothers melee that could be a good form of advertisement for the UOG brand.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
seriously, if the only reason you believe you can't kill somebody outnumbered is because you can't use a wand macro, then you aren't a very good player to begin with.

A good change for wands. They still cost no mana so they can still have their use for the ultimate min maxer, and they can't be abused by any pleb. +1

It has nothing to do with a macro, I can do weaken wands manually no problem and everybody in my group knows how to as well, if you want to make it so you can't use an automated sync that's fine but I should at least be able to still do manual weaken wands and now I can't

But guess what you can still do?

AUTOMATED WAND SYNCS?

The patch did nothing but stop people from being able to do weaken wands.

You won't win a 2v6 with ebolt syncs , especially with people being on the field with petals and str pots.

Back in the day we would fight eqms without wands and we would dirt them 3 vs 10. Maybe uog just wants to go back to it's roots.
See stupid fucking comments like this is what ruins the server for everyone... Wands have ALWAYS been a big part of this server AND GAME... Wands use to be INSTANT, you retards dont remember krrios, wu gambino, and all them other dudes that used wands AND THE POPULATION WAS INSANE THEN. It could have been tweaked and everything would have been solved, instead it was fucking destroyed to shit.

It has nothing to do with a macro, I can do weaken wands manually no problem and everybody in my group knows how to as well, if you want to make it so you can't use an automated sync that's fine but I should at least be able to still do manual weaken wands and now I can't

But guess what you can still do?

AUTOMATED WAND SYNCS?

The patch did nothing but stop people from being able to do weaken wands.

You won't win a 2v6 with ebolt syncs , especially with people being on the field with petals and str pots.
It just sounds you are more upset with players using scummy tactics like spamming str pots and petals than you are with actual game mechanics.

And if you are movement restricted, and magery reduced while equipping/casting a wand, then how can automated wand syncs still be a problem for you?

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
Why was noah
It just sounds you are more upset with players using scummy tactics like spamming str pots and petals than you are with actual game mechanics.

And if you are movement restricted, and magery reduced while equipping/casting a wand, then how can automated wand syncs still be a problem for you?

They aren't a problem,

I have never cared if people use automated wand syncs because I can heal them in my sleep.

And weaken wands were a counter to the flawed mechanic that are with str pots and the actual allowed damage.

You won't kill someone who is at 125 str with anything but a fs nox sync and good look pulling that one off with bola tamers and zergs attacking you.

And weaken wands were a counter to the flawed mechanic that are with str pots and the actual allowed damage.
then it sounds like you should be posting that str pot spamming is broken into the suggestion forum, and saying that they should have a cool down timer of say, 10 seconds or something similar to heal potions?

But flaming these changes because you won't be able to get clean dumps on people that are outnumbering you heavily, can only fester more broken game play.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
now you are suggesting that you should be able to get clean dumps on to somebody even with bola tamers and zergs attacking you?

Yes,

And allowing players to do wand drops while moving created that balance that was needed.

Basically you're saying zergs should be able to disrupt every dump so it's impossible for a smaller group to ever get a sync off?

You have your opinion because you have never field pvped in a group.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
then it sounds like you should be posting that str pot spamming is broken into the suggestion forum, and saying that they should have a cool down timer of say, 10 seconds or something similar to heal potions?

But flaming these changes because you won't be able to get clean dumps on people that are outnumbering you heavily, can only fester more broken game play.

It didn't need to be fixed, but now it does.

a cool down on str pots would help the problem, but allowing people to add weaken to their syncs balanced out the str pot problem.

Code Blue

Knight
See stupid fucking comments like this is what ruins the server for everyone... Wands have ALWAYS been a big part of this server AND GAME... Wands use to be INSTANT, you retards dont remember krrios, wu gambino, and all them other dudes that used wands AND THE POPULATION WAS INSANE THEN. It could have been tweaked and everything would have been solved, instead it was fucking destroyed to shit.

I remember krrios Sanchen and the others with the inner circle.

Wands did not get big until around 2008.

Yes,

And allowing players to do wand drops while moving created that balance that was needed.

Basically you're saying zergs should be able to disrupt every dump so it's impossible for a smaller group to ever get a sync off?

You have your opinion because you have never field pvped in a group.
but there are already mechanics in place to allow you not to get disrupted. Protection over magic reflect? what? Or timing your reflect + LOS right so that you can actually reflect damage back while getting a sync off.

And the same thing that allowed small group players to run around freely with wands and dump while moving, was further broken when in the hands of a good zerg squad.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
but there are already mechanics in place to allow you not to get disrupted. Protection over magic reflect? what? Or timing your reflect + LOS right so that you can actually reflect damage back while getting a sync off.

And the same thing that allowed small group players to run around freely with wands and dump while moving, was further broken when in the hands of a good zerg squad.

So I have to play a scribe to pvp on the field?

Protection does nothing unless you have inscribe and reflect is basically worthless unless you are a scribe.