UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Climategate

Oaks

Knight
Re: Climategate

That's another thing; no matter what resolution or solution might be conjured up, the real problem is the size of the human population. It would be far wiser to spend all the time and money on decreasing that and solve a whole bunch of other problems resulting from having such a large population at the same time.

And as has been said before, the planet can easily sort itself out without our input. If we might survive any such changes however is anyone's guess. If anything, a cataclysmic event reducing the human population to just several thousand individuals for example would actually be an improvement when viewed in the bigger picture.

Oaks

Knight

There is a difference between it actually happening and that it could happen. That article is just portraying a scenario which has a possibility of happening.

ne14pic

Sorceror

honestly homer the laws of physics prevent that from happening and now nasa has lost all credibility and should have there funding revoked. i thought they were some of the greatest minds on the planet and that can figue out that that is imposible. Unless they are using it as a scare tactic to boost there funding. Either way its obsurd

ne14pic;688940 said:
honestly homer the laws of physics prevent that from happening and now nasa has lost all credibility and should have there funding revoked. i thought they were some of the greatest minds on the planet and that can figue out that that is imposible. Unless they are using it as a scare tactic to boost there funding. Either way its obsurd

lol is this not what it is all about? thy come up with sum BS (swine flue,Global warming,mad cow...) to try to scare the crap out of people that way thy can justify all money thy take and to justify the theft of our freedom?

Oaks

Knight

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8511670.stm

Phil Jones is director of the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia (UEA), which has been at the centre of the row over hacked e-mails.
The BBC's environment analyst Roger Harrabin put questions to Professor Jones, including several gathered from climate sceptics. The questions were put to Professor Jones with the co-operation of UEA's press office.

-----------------------------

Interesting interview. As far as I'm concerned the whole climate gate convention was a waste of money. But great publicity for those who attended to get more votes for themselves at a next election in their own country.

Q - Let's talk about the e-mails now: In the e-mails you refer to a "trick" which your critics say suggests you conspired to trick the public? You also mentioned "hiding the decline" (in temperatures). Why did you say these things?

( This "divergence" is well known in the tree-ring literature and "trick" did not refer to any intention to deceive - but rather "a convenient way of achieving something", ((maybe lie)) in this case joining the earlier valid part of the tree-ring record with the recent, more reliable instrumental record. )

( it was absolutely necessary to remove the incorrect impression given by the tree rings that temperatures between about 1960 and 1999 (when the email was written) were not rising, as our instrumental data clearly showed they were. )

Hmmm something jest don't sound right. if it is what i wish it is right! if not it is wrong!

Oaks

Knight

By the way, it has also been brought up somewhere (can't remember where) that nowadays there are far less weather stations around the globe, which could influence rise and falls in measured temperatures.

Khephren

Knight

you know what ?

I was actually in New-Brunswick and I do remember seeing something like a greenish aura, nothing I actually seen before... (and yes I did see shit in the sky but nothing to be mentionned since no one will believe you) but I remember that specific night, I came home from a party, I was drunk and it was 2:30 AM.... I actually ended up staying on my balcony untill at least 4am to make sure I wasn't too drunk (or drugged) and was really seeing that extraordinary phenomenon... but no, I was not only seeing it, it actually made a buzzing sound believe it or not....

I'm sure that was exactly it. If not... It was something weird again I witnessed.... just like once I saw lightning/thunder in a snowstorm.... explain that ! LOL

Daywolf

Sorceror

Pont;665838 said:
So what is everyones thoughts on this 'Climategate' thing?
It's a beautiful day out today. I should probably go outside and soak up some sun.

Downside is I didn't make any money or gain any power over you by saying that. I remember well it being a big joke in the 70's, but hey I guess some saw a great money making potential.

Oaks

Knight

Another load of co2 and other crap has been emitted from that volcano eruption on Iceland yesterday. I'm waiting for the climate activists to start lobbying to ban volcanoes from this planet soon.

Still waiting for howls' evidence for too hehe.

Oaks;728337 said:
I'm waiting for the climate activists to start lobbying to ban volcanoes from this planet soon.
I hope you're not suggesting this would be a BAD thing. I, for one, would like to see that volcano get the banhammer.