UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Climategate

Phelon

Knight
Re: Climategate

XanaxChimp;672621 said:
Nice... Copy an pasted i give you an F for this Paper.

Put your derp up on my derp. When I derp, you derp we derp.

If you have nothing to contribute, then stfu.

Phelon

Knight

XanaxChimp;672644 said:
Caring to much.

I'm sure that you meant to use "too much". It's english after all. That IS your primary language I assume after telling everyone it's a "yank" server. You are what I call an "ugly american" and will be treated as such.

Please do not judge all Americans by this crowning jewel.

Howl

Sorceror

XanaxChimp;672644 said:
Caring to much.

You do not belong in anything that even loosely resembles a reasoned debate. Promptly climb back into your dumpster.

There's some good videos from scientists... before an audience of fellow scientists (all fields?), billionaires, companies (microsoft, intel, etc.)... about global warming at this annual and sometimes bi-annual gathering.

http://www.TED.com/ (just do a search of "climate change" , "global warming")

p.s. the last part of this talk (our place in the cosmos) makes a good point about Global Warming and the the perspective one may take despite the dangerous state we live in... (10 ways the world could end)

UPDATE: fixed links

XanaxChimp

Wanderer

Phelon;672694 said:
I'm sure that you meant to use "too much". It's english after all. That IS your primary language I assume after telling everyone it's a "yank" server. You are what I call an "ugly american" and will be treated as such.

Please do not judge all Americans by this crowning jewel.

Judge all americans, when someone is putting down my race im sure 90% of the american's will back me up on this.

Oaks

Knight

Seriously guys, play somewhere else or pm each other. There is a difference between race and nationality and furthermore this is not the thread to start bollocking around in. Create your own, thanks.

Good videos by the way, worth the watch.

Lucifall

Knight

XanaxChimp;672766 said:
Judge all americans, when someone is putting down my race im sure 90% of the american's will back me up on this.

No one is putting down the human race here. What did I miss? Maybe if you mean the north american nationallity, but even then... no one's putting anyone down in this thread.

@ Exilus

Good videos, got more? :>

Lucifall;672917 said:
No one is putting down the human race here. What did I miss? Maybe if you mean the north american nationallity, but even then... no one's putting anyone down in this thread.

@ Exilus

Good videos, got more? :>

Actually "human" isnt a race. Meso-americans, Pigmies and etc. are races.

These days people just divide races between White, Yellow, Brown and Black.

Lucifall

Knight

Ageless Venomous;673412 said:
Actually "human" isnt a race. Meso-americans, Pigmies and etc. are races.

These days people just divide races between White, Yellow, Brown and Black.

What? UO has been fooling me all this time?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Oaks

Knight

Howl;671870 said:
I've attended so many lectures that go against the grain in terms of AGW. I'll get into some of those arguments soon if I can find my notes. Might make the discussion a little more intelligible.

Please do.

Oaks

Knight

Still waiting.

And the whole reasoning of "it is our duty as humans" doesn't hold up either, that is bringing religion into the argument and playing on the conscience. Species come and go, it is a natural cycle. Asking the human population to bring about change is not feasible on any possible level.

Yeah, for me, the whole impetus for environmentalism would have to come from actual benefit to humanity... I don't quite get "save the environment because it's there." However, very obviously there are some cases where pollution is very definitely an indirect way of somebody profiting off of harming someone else. Things that come to mind in this respect are, for instance, acid rain allowing a utility company to make big profits on electricity, at the expense of causing property damage to those within a few miles. (or for a more defined instance, the cause of the famous Hinkley v. Pacific Gas & Electric case)

That's one of my main concerns with the focus on CO2... It draws attention, as well as funding, away from numerous pollutants that have FAR better-understood, and far more directly harmful effects.

Plus, while CO2 *IS* a greenhouse gas, so is water. And both are the most basic results of the extraction of energy from carbon-based fuel. (be it burning coal, oil, gas, or organisms using cellular respiration to get energy from food) At the most basic example, 1 part methane (CH4) plus two parts oxygen (O2) equals two parts water (H20) and one part carbon dioxide. (CO2) There is no way for the process of consuming these fuels that does NOT immediately produce both water and carbon dioxide; no matter the compound, the hydrogen will bond with oxygen to become water, and the carbon will bond with oxygen to form carbon dioxide.

Lippy

Wanderer

Global warming is a hoax .

It is just a way to be controlled , they get you to buy the new hybrid and all the new things that you can save the world with .

The earth will be around for billions of years after humans are erased.

We need to get rid of all the people making profit off of this .

I hear Al Gore will make 13 billion dollars .

Stop thinking you are so self important that you can save the world alone , or as a society .

:rolleyes: