UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Climategate

Re: Climategate

Do I believe that mankind’s pollution affects the atmosphere and can cause climate change?

No.

Should we be taking measures to reduce the amount of pollution we cause?

No.

Has 'Global Warming' become a political tool?

Yes.

Will I be using the excuse that cutting grass releases VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds) into the atmosphere to stop me from cutting the grass nest summer?

no i will cut it and feed to the cows (*cow fart*)

Do I believe that mankind’s pollution affects the atmosphere and can cause climate change? Although I do not believe mankind's pollution has had any real significant effect on the atmosphere or climate change YET, I have faith in mankind's insatiable greed, and complete disregard for their environment that will will reach a point where where are having a major impact on the planet being habitable for human life.

The question is irrelevant at this time. Human greed and disregard are ingrained into our very being. We will only even consider doing anything when it becomes so blatantly obvious and even then, we will have a campaign of denial for decades. By that time, it will be far too late to fix anything.

Has 'Global Warming' become a political tool? Of course. Its an attempt by some to get people doing the right thing BEFORE it is too late, as mentioned above. Scare tactics, twist data if necessary, whatever it takes to get people to move in the right direction. And, as you can see, people are going to fight it tooth and nail, as it goes against our greed and total disregard DNA.

Ill get my boy to cut the grass.

Phelon

Knight

weinster666;671836 said:
Do I believe that mankind’s pollution affects the atmosphere and can cause climate change? Although I do not believe mankind's pollution has had any real significant effect on the atmosphere or climate change YET, I have faith in mankind's insatiable greed, and complete disregard for their environment that will will reach a point where where are having a major impact on the planet being habitable for human life.

The question is irrelevant at this time. Human greed and disregard are ingrained into our very being. We will only even consider doing anything when it becomes so blatantly obvious and even then, we will have a campaign of denial for decades. By that time, it will be far too late to fix anything.

Has 'Global Warming' become a political tool? Of course. Its an attempt by some to get people doing the right thing BEFORE it is too late, as mentioned above. Scare tactics, twist data if necessary, whatever it takes to get people to move in the right direction. And, as you can see, people are going to fight it tooth and nail, as it goes against our greed and total disregard DNA.

Ill get my boy to cut the grass.

Pretty damn accurate imo.

I don't know about you but I am really sick of the scare tactics. It's always an "end of the world" scenario. This is the Libs version of the war or terrorism, a means to open spending of tax dollars in it's most simple terms.

I'm sick
I'm tired
I'm sick and tired.

Howl

Sorceror

So you really think every single climate scientist out there who has come to the same conclusion is involved in some huge conspiracy? They're from different countries, funded by different people, different organizations with different aims. It's pretty ludicrous to think that they're all involved in some mammoth plot to take your tax dollars. The government don't need such an expensive scheme to take your money, they can do it pretty easily.

Phelon

Knight

"Every single climate scientist" is far from accurate Howl. Most i'll give you but certainly not all. There are too many variables for a logical person to be sold hook, line and sinker.

Howl;671852 said:
So you really think every single climate scientist out there who has come to the same conclusion is involved in some huge conspiracy? They're from different countries, funded by different people, different organizations with different aims. It's pretty ludicrous to think that they're all involved in some mammoth plot to take your tax dollars. The government don't need such an expensive scheme to take your money, they can do it pretty easily.

Not really conspiracy. Its more like laziness. Mann makes the "hockey stick" graph by cherry-picking data to prove his point. Many other scientists use the same data that Mann cherry-picked and come to the same conclusion (GarbageIn-GarbageOut). Or they just take the hockey graph and just move from there. It seems like a lot less work than going back to the raw data sources and plotting all the data yourself.

But, interestingly, when we get word from scientists who DID plot all the available data, it turns out the hockey stick is no more.

But, personally, this becomes a huge ethical dilemma for me because now, I am inclined to not believe ANY of the scientists.

Howl

Sorceror

Phelon;671854 said:
"Every single climate scientist" is far from accurate Howl. Most i'll give you but certainly not all. There are too many variables for a logical person to be sold hook, line and sinker.

Just to note, I am certainly not "sold hook, line and sinker". I've attended so many lectures that go against the grain in terms of AGW. I'll get into some of those arguments soon if I can find my notes. Might make the discussion a little more intelligible.

Phelon

Knight

I am not saying that you are personally Howl, just in general. I always enjoy discussions on the issue as long as people don't get bat shit crazy (which happens far too often).

Lucifall

Knight

Some yankee trying to give input in what someone has studied for years and years.

That's Demise for you.

Howl

Sorceror

I love the one word answers to these huge scientific problems. Just glows with reasoned, informed, responsible thinking from a mature, mentally able adult. What's that, did my sarcasm detector just implode...?

XanaxChimp

Wanderer

Lucifall;671994 said:
Nope. You actually back your opnion with good possibilities.

Well your playing on a yank's Server, so you either deal with it, or simply log the fuck off then.

Lucifall

Knight

XanaxChimp;672043 said:
Well your playing on a yank's Server, so you either deal with it, or simply log the fuck off then.

Coming from a nobody who has done nothing but troll those forums for the past two days, this was very intimidating. Not.