UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Cold as Ice

gilgamash

Knight
Re: Cold as Ice

Hm, I must admit I have problems finding several NPC's others are talking about: The farmer in Brit( shepherd?) and most importantly the tinkers...

Any hints?

Greets,
G.

P.S.: Some severe gfx-tile errors in the ice beast's cave, upper right corner...

Oaks

Knight

G, the shepherd has "moved on" (as in, removed by staff). The tinkers aren't hard to find; one location has been posted above by uome, and the other one is at a certain shop you would expect to find one.

marcusstone

Sorceror

Oaks;374613 said:
G, the shepherd has "moved on" (as in, removed by staff). The tinkers aren't hard to find; one location has been posted above by uome, and the other one is at a certain shop you would expect to find one.
Mage shop?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

if I give you more, I give stuff away :p

The idea is players get out and interact then return here and post findings... as things are found (that need to be found) the story arc will advance. They are unlike a quest because the quest will go from start to finish with no staff intervention.... these need carried out as players work their way through the story..... and actually, in all the story arcs I've written, things change based on player interactions, findings, and assumptions - all help build the story arc.

Oaks

Knight

LadyCrimson;387978 said:
if I give you more, I give stuff away :p

The idea is players get out and interact then return here and post findings... as things are found (that need to be found) the story arc will advance. They are unlike a quest because the quest will go from start to finish with no staff intervention.... these need carried out as players work their way through the story..... and actually, in all the story arcs I've written, things change based on player interactions, findings, and assumptions - all help build the story arc.

Rumor has it you have to give a character named "Oaks" 5 million in checks in order to be given the next clue, or so I've heard through the grapevine.

I tried but the bastard would just take my money and log off :mad:

Caldric

Wanderer

After seeing Lord Brahm's message and the reports from fellow citizens, I decided I would take a couple of hours and see what I could find out. What follows is an account of all I was able to discern regaurding these troubles.

As I started out I thought to myself that there was no place to start like the begining. So, I headed out for the Brit/ Skara crossroads to have a look at this cave. The area was fairly quiet until I got close to the reported location of the cave, when suddenly I felt the ground shake and felt a chill in the air. As I was wondering what was going on, a large Ice Golem attacked from the brush! "Well", I thought. "nobody said there were any attacks before, this must be some new form of devilry." After a brief scuffle I managed to defeat the golem, and continued on my way. Upon finding the cave I also found 3 more Ice Golems, none of whom were interested in answering questions. Hating to come back with no new information, I decided to fight my way into the lair itself. Once inside there was no doubt that things were progressing, as the lair that was previously empty was now full of Ice Golems as well. Being vastly outnumbered, and already finding out what I came for, I decided to leave and see if any more information was forthcoming.

I headed back towards Skara and the reported gypsy camp that sprang up there. I rode into the camp, and asked if Arnon was around.
"Aye, Arnon be my name, friend. What can I help ye with?" said a plain looking gypsy man.
"Well, I was hoping you could help me understand whats going on around here" I said.
"Many been asking me about Borruka, the great Ice Demon" he replied.
"Well," I replied, "would you mind filling me in about borruka?"
"She's a powerful demon and she can cast us all to ice if crossed" said Arnon. "Many go to see her, few return."
"Many thanks for the info," I said as I tossed him a few gold coins. "If there is anything else you can tell me. Id appreciate it."
"Well," he said, looking around. "I hear tell Zaide the mercenary made his way to her lair... and returned."
"Zaide, huh?" I said. "maybe its time to go have a chat with Zaide"

Caldric

Wanderer

After a quick ride to Skara, I found Zaide the mercenary sitting in the tavern, all alone and seemingly lost in his drink.

"Hello Zaide" I said as a sat across from him. "Let's talk about Borruka."
"Why you be asking me about that?" he said when he looked up
"Im asking because I want to know, and I hear you have answers."
"I dont know much about that at all. Sure I saw her... but no business of yours what happened" he said, obviously starting to get agitated.
"When Ice golems attack citizens along the roads, I'd say its everyone's business. Tell me what I want to know!" I said.
"All you need to know", he growled, "is Dartagnis sent me to look into her business, and I left with my own."

It was becoming obvious that Zaide wouldnt tell me more. Even though it galled me that he knew what I wanted to know and wouldnt speak it, I had to admire that he was paid not to speak and so didnt.

"Here Zaide", I said as I tossed a gold coin on the table, "have another drink on me, you look like you need it"
He caught the coin and laughed. "HA! Dont need much more gold, I got plenty, but I will surely take more if you're giving it."

Even though he hadnt meant too, Zaide had given me something new to work with. A name. A name I had heard before. Lord Dartagnis. It was time to talk to the local citizens about thier Lord.

Caldric

Wanderer

I found a local merchant near the tailor shop, as reported.

"Good day, sir" I said. Would you mind telling me a little about Lord Dartagnis?"
"Lord Dartagnis?' he replied. "What do you need to know about that scoundrel?"
"Well, How about start by telling me why you'd call him a scoundrel?"
"Eh, most of the folks dont like him much", he said. "He tends to worry a bit much about money, not us"
" Ever met a Lord that didnt spend too much time worrying over money?" I asked jokingly.
"Eh, he flaunts it a bit much but isnt willing to help his local townsfolk. S'why we're ok with......"
"Ok with...what?" I asked. When it seemed like he wouldnt say I slipped him a few pieces of gold.
"I speak of Borruka" he whispered. "She can threaten to freeze us but she aint yet".

He then tipped his hat, said "g'day" and walked away quickly. I think it might be beneficial to talk to a few more townsfolk to see if there is more to this story.

Caldric

Wanderer

After checking back on the bulletin board, I saw that other citizens had reported about a tinker in the smith's shop. I went over to see if he knew anything

"Im looking for Chandler" I said as I walked in.
"Greetings Friend! What can I help you with" said the tinker. "interest you in a clock? A sextant?"
"Not today thanks" I said. "I do need help understanding the strange behavior going on around here.
"Not much going on here as far as strange behavior...." he replied, "well, there was that Dark Elf."
"Dark Elf?" I said. "What Dark Elf?"
"Didnt catch the name but he was nosing around asking about some random things" said Chandler. "Aint been back..."
By now I had realized that gold loosened tongues, so I gave chandler a few coins. "If you can think of anything else, please let me know."
Chandler looked at my gold, then leaned in and spoke quietly, "I seen him wandering around Skara and Brit.... not sure what his business is."

So, a dark elf both here and in Brit. I wondered if he was presently in Skara, Brit, or somewhere in between. Since Skara is and island, I decided to go ask around the docks to find out if anyone saw him leaving.

Caldric

Wanderer

As I approached the docks, I saw a local resident that had reportedly help others investigating these events. I decided to ask her a few questions of my own.

"Pardon me, miss" I said. "But have you seen a dark elf pass this way recently?"
"Sure I saw a dark elf like you desribe" she replied. "Talked to him briefly"
"Well, I dont suppose in your brief conversation he told you his name, or where he was going?" I asked.
"Aye" she said, "he was walkin' pretty quick towards Brit, Caught his name though.... It was Trickk."
"Trickk?" I said, "His name was Trickk?"
"Yup- Trickk. He rambled on about Borruka too. I presume the ice deamon in the mountains."
" Miss, you've been a great help" I said as I passed out a few more gold coins. "Anything else you can tell me?
"I got an odd feeling about that fella" she said as she pocketed my gold. "Looked like he was up to no good"

So now I had the Dark Elf's name. I decided to go to Brit to see if I could find this Trickk.

Caldric

Wanderer

I remembered hearing there was an informative tinker in Brit as well. Since Chandler was so helpful, I decided to pay a visit to his collegue, Saul.

"Im looking for a dark elf, by the name of Trickk" I said. "Anyone seen him?"
"Sure" said Saul. "I seen that elf in here. He was asking if I had any power source.
"What kind of power source?" I asked.
'Sounded like he spoke in a strange language" Saul replied. "No clue what it was si I told him no, didnt have any."
"Did you recognize the language he spoke?"
"Coulda been elven, but Ive heard that spoke before by some locals" he replied. "Not real sure what it was."
Passing a few gold pieces, I asked "Anything else you can tell me?"
"Truth be told, I wouldn't give him any of what he was after even if I did have it. He's a shady fella."

I had heard enough to convince me that I needed to talk to Trickk. I spent hours searching in and around Brit, but could find no further word of him. I was starting to think that my leads had run out, when I had a thought. The Ice demon wasnt alone in that area, there was another who lived there. One who might give me farther insight, if she would talk to me. I left Brit at once, on a mission to visit Grizelda the Hag.

Caldric

Wanderer

As I rode up to Grizeldas abode, the most horrible stench filled the air. Even so, I decided I could abide the smell for a while if it got me answers.

"Good evening, Grizelda" I said.

At this point she launched into what sounded like a well rehearsed speech. She called me a greedy child, said something about lazy apprentices and imps, and tried to send me on some sort of errand.

"No thanks, Ma'am" I said. "Im only looking for information about Borruka."
"Aye, Ive heard of the ice witch that lives to the east" said one of Grizelda's apprentices.
"Yes, the cave to the east" I said. "have you heard anything unusual? Something that may not have yet been reported? I fear things are worse than we first thought."
"I have heard some stories from locals coming for potions that golems have been spotted" she replied.
"So, the golems are already moving into the countryside. That's bad news indeed."
"Aye. they are not natural here" she said. "If they come closer, I may yet leave yet I fear Grizelda may stay."
"Well, take this gold, and if you must leave try to get Grizelda to go with you. Perhaps Lord Brahm can make peace with this creature yet."
"Borruka is not a peaceful being: she said as she looked around. "She will destroy what offends her."

I left Grizelda's wood with a grim feeling. Golems in the countryside, attacking citizens un-provoked. A dark elf running around doing who knows what. Add into the mix Lord Dartagnis, the local lord who seems to care little for what hapens to his people. Who would help the local citizens? I decided to ride to the nearby guard outpost, to at least warn them of what was happening. When I got there I made a grissley discovery. Somehow I bet the guards already know about the golem attacks.

I cannot figure out where to proceed from here. I await word from fellow citizens or Lord Brahm on the next step. In the meantime, a few other citizens and I are going to do all we can to try and contain them golems to this area. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.

Hawken

Wanderer

I have searched both Britain and Skara for the Dark Elf Trickk to no avail. I have destroyed as many Golems and Ice Golems as I could but they continue to flow from the cave. Trickk must be found!

On a side note: I was attacked by 2 Titans near the Gypsy camp. Not sure if it is related but thought it was strange they were there.