UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Doom Lever Puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
[COMPLETE] Doom Lever Puzzle

It was in the bugfix thread, so I rebuilt it in a .diff file and created a thread for it.

Attachments

• doomleverpuzzle.diff
    20.4 KB · Views: 53

gugutz

Knight
Re: [ready] Doom Lever Puzzle

How can i test this patch on my home server?
I mean, how do i apply it?

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [ready] Doom Lever Puzzle

Don't its allready been tested and it needs to be re written. Even though it seems to work the code seems bad and need sorting out.
Thats as far as i understand the current situation anyway.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Doom Lever Puzzle

Has this been abandoned? If so I'll move back to coder needed.

Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Doom Lever Puzzle

SRC Athena;594154 said:
Has this been abandoned? If so I'll move back to coder needed.

Yes, the script provided has 2 things not clear:

1 (minor) - if someone go and mess a bit with levers: in first "round", levers move back (let you thinking the puzzle resetted), but if then a group takes position and move a lever... immediate boulder! And the puzzle really reset.
Note: if the "mess guy" continue to activate levers for a second round (after activated 4 levers and they moved back), this time levers will not return back... unless a group takes position and click a lever: boulder and true reset.

2 (major) - when the puzzle is resolved, the guy who grants access to the Lamp Room is who is in the center and put his feet as first on it.
This means: if you are hidden, you can wait for a group doing the puzzle, heal as hidden (I have tested it: boulders won't reveal you and with 150 dex and 70 phys resists you can use bandages to heal you quickly), and when the puzzle is resolved *you* are teleported to the room while the other guy is still there.

Ferris said it needs a total rewritten of the code for this reason, but I don't know how it is meant to be done.

Erica

Knight
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Doom Lever Puzzle

osd_daedalus;577927 said:
It was in the bugfix thread, so I rebuilt it in a .diff file and created a thread for it.

Hi not sure who is working on this project but i made theses into scripts like a year ago i also got and osi account thats 11 years old and been active for all those years. So i've tested this in doom both doom level and guardian room as well and its osi way the scripts i made been in my shard that i run over a year so im going to add it here seems like the right place. Also didn't create it as .diff files cause i'm new to that only thing i know is to complie from svn the core exe and do changes from runuo svn . If not i would have added it as .diff files i'm now learning on how to do the .diff files from TortoiseSVN so will learn that soon so here it is if you see something that needs to be changed if going to use mines then go a head also only thing that i didn't script in this release is the Lamp Room on this script for players not to be able to gate or recall i added that part on my Region.XML file so they can't recall or mark or gate. :)
Thanks

*PS* For those that downloaded this just download over had a line from xmlspawner in GuardianTreasureChest and just replace that GuardianTreasureChest script should not give no more errors.

Attachments

• Guardian Room And Lamp Room.rar
    14.8 KB · Views: 24

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Doom Lever Puzzle

Moving to TESTING status -

Because of previous issues with the recalling, while testing, make sure to double check runes created BEFORE the patch in the room do not work after the patch.

Thanks, Erica!

gugutz

Knight
Re: [TESTING] Doom Lever Puzzle

How can i test that rar file?
I just unzip the 2 folders in my RunUO\Scripts\Engines folder and recompile?

gugutz;594283 said:
How can i test that rar file?
I just unzip the 2 folders in my RunUO\Scripts\Engines folder and recompile?

Yes, throw them where you want :)

I'm used to test this togheter... hey uome, when do you turn on your TC? ;)

gugutz

Knight

I did that, moved the 2 folders to the Engines folder, then tried compile the executable.

But when i start the server, i get several error messagens, saying there is something wrong with the files on that pack.
Not sure if im missing anything...

Erica

Knight

gugutz;594323 said:
I did that, moved the 2 folders to the Engines folder, then tried compile the executable.

But when i start the server, i get several error messagens, saying there is something wrong with the files on that pack.
Not sure if im missing anything...

Whats the error maybe i forgot something if you post error that shows in console then i'll know if i forgot something.

uome

Bug Hunter

Heres the errors i'm seeing when trying to compile this.
Code:
Errors:
 + Engines/Guardian Room And Lamp Room/Guardian's Room/GuardiansTreasureChest.cs
:
    CS0103: Line 154: The name 'BaseXmlSpawner' does not exist in the current co
ntext
 + Engines/Guardian Room And Lamp Room/Lamp Room/LampController.cs:
    CS0246: Line 383: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS1502: Line 383: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
acket(Server.IPoint3D, Server.Map, Server.Network.Packet)' has some invalid argu
ments
    CS1503: Line 383: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'
    CS0246: Line 385: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
    CS1502: Line 385: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
acket(Server.IPoint3D, Server.Map, Server.Network.Packet)' has some invalid argu
ments
    CS1503: Line 385: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'
    CS0246: Line 391: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
    CS1502: Line 391: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
ments
    CS1503: Line 391: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'
    CS0246: Line 419: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
    CS1502: Line 419: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
ments
    CS1503: Line 419: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'
    CS0246: Line 421: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
    CS1502: Line 421: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
ments
    CS1503: Line 421: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'
    CS0246: Line 427: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
    CS1502: Line 427: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
ments
    CS1503: Line 427: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'

uome;594350 said:

confirmed. Due to the nature of errors, looks like some files in the patch are missing.

Erica

Knight

uome;594350 said:
Code:
Errors:
 + Engines/Guardian Room And Lamp Room/Guardian's Room/GuardiansTreasureChest.cs
:
    CS0103: Line 154: The name 'BaseXmlSpawner' does not exist in the current co
ntext
 + Engines/Guardian Room And Lamp Room/Lamp Room/LampController.cs:
    CS0246: Line 383: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
    CS1502: Line 383: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
ments
    CS1503: Line 383: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'
    CS0246: Line 385: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
    CS1502: Line 385: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
ments
    CS1503: Line 385: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'
    CS0246: Line 391: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
    CS1502: Line 391: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
ments
    CS1503: Line 391: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'
    CS0246: Line 419: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
    CS1502: Line 419: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
ments
    CS1503: Line 419: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'
    CS0246: Line 421: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
    CS1502: Line 421: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
ments
    CS1503: Line 421: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'
    CS0246: Line 427: The type or namespace name 'GraphicalEffect' could not be
    CS1502: Line 427: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Effects.SendP
ments
    CS1503: Line 427: Argument '3': cannot convert from 'GraphicalEffect' to 'Se
rver.Network.Packet'

Opps sorry i had basexmlspawner in guardian treasure chest to give jewels all fixed just download again and just replace your GuardianTreasureChest script with the one in this new rar . on the post above where i added my script rar.

uome

Bug Hunter

ty :)
Just checking, this is the doom lever puzzle and the guardian room also the region changes arn't included yet?

*Edit* still not compiling :(
I'm getting the same errors as above except the basexmlspawner one.

Erica

Knight

uome;594431 said:
ty :)
Just checking, this is the doom lever puzzle and the guardian room also the region changes arn't included yet?
In the Guardian Room you cant recall or mark or gate that part is added in that script but the Lamp Room is the one that needs that code in it what i did since i got to lazy lol i added that function for lamp room to not be able to recall or mark or gate in my Regions XML Document if someone likes to can add it in the script for lamp room i would tell you what to add in Regions XML Document but wont work for you since i also use some of MalGanis RunUO ML scripts to make it work in the Regions XML Document.

Status
Not open for further replies.