UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Doom Lever Puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica

Knight
Re: [TESTING] Doom Lever Puzzle

WarUO;610678 said:
For every PC, sommon, or unmounted pet in the room it spawns two Dark Guardians. Examples: If im in the room with a shadow wisp and my unmounted pet six Dark Guardians will appear. If im in the room with a shadow wisp and mounted pet four Dark Guardians will appear. If a friend and I are both in the room each have a shadow wisp and a unmounted pet twelve Dark Guardians will spawn.

And about the Ghost teleporter as you called it. It only works when you die in the room not in the rest of the dungeon. Another thing with this is if you die in the room but are with other people and they rez you in the room you can continue to fight, but as soon as you try to leave the room even if your not dead you will be teleported. I guess from they way it looks it kind of flags you for the next time you try and go through that door after you have died in the room you get teleported no matter a ghost or not.

Ok heres the fix went on osi and notice a lot in there so did the fix like osi heres that new fix Hopefully now it will work like osi . Also GhostTeleporter fixed as well . And Cleaned Script up a bit as well. Would also like to give credit to MalGanis we both went on together on osi in that room he helped me fix those nasty bugs.

Attachments

• DoomLampAndGuardianRoom.patch
    58.5 KB · Views: 3

Erica

Knight
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Doom Lever Puzzle

Oh by the way MalGanis we went in there to test stuff out of course part of it was let our selfs die. Funny i let myself die and MalGanis is in there beating Guardians down lol i'm glad you came with me finally i tell MalGanis hey your not suppose to kill Guardians let yourself die hehe finally MalGanis lets him self die was fun hehe Thanks Again MalGanis we shall do more stuff together on osi to test more bugs to keep helping Demise Forum and RunUO Forum.

uome

Bug Hunter

Guardian room

Wierd:
There was some strange pack spawn on one char on one of my existing accounts. This was deleted by a gm and never returned. I wasn't missing any items, nothing was converted into them. Sorry i can't find anything unique that might explain it.
See pic.

Questions:
Only controlable summons, pets and players count when adding extra guardians, should uncontrolable like ev's or nf's count?

The room will restart when summoning a new controlable summon and walking around with it. you don't have to leave the room. Is this right?

Needs attention:
gaurdians respawn with no gas and the doors remain unlocked if you just wait in the room.
Luring one of these away can cause the next person to enter the room to get trapped there as they cannot kill the guardian that isn't in the room.

you cannot mark/recall/gate from the room but you can recal/gate into the room from an existing rune.

View attachment 16591

Attachments

• wierd.JPG
    wierd.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 79

WarUO

Sorceror

You are correct in that you don't have to leave the room for it to restart it is on a timer once they die. Not sure of the exact count but if you let the doors open and close them selves three times enough time has passed to reset the room. Once it resets you should not be able to leave and there is no way possible to lure the Guardians out of the room. The door locks again even if some one is standing there blcoking it to stay open it will close right through them. Not sure about NF's as they are not used on OSI like they are here but EV's will cause more to spawn as well. Another note not sure if it was checked or not but even if your summons and pets are in the room the door will not lock and Dark Guardians will not spawn until a PC walks into the room.

Erica

Knight

WarUO;611806 said:
You are correct in that you don't have to leave the room for it to restart it is on a timer once they die. Not sure of the exact count but if you let the doors open and close them selves three times enough time has passed to reset the room. Once it resets you should not be able to leave and there is no way possible to lure the Guardians out of the room. The door locks again even if some one is standing there blcoking it to stay open it will close right through them. Not sure about NF's as they are not used on OSI like they are here but EV's will cause more to spawn as well. Another note not sure if it was checked or not but even if your summons and pets are in the room the door will not lock and Dark Guardians will not spawn until a PC walks into the room.

Thanks i found some other bugs im testing now as i write this on osi will fix some other stuff.

Erica

Knight

That picture the stuff in it isnt from my guardian script. Also looking at the picture that looks like from doom level 2 from one of the rooms in gauntlet so its not from my script at all.

Did more testing and yes you can lore a pet in that room by casting ev or any other summoned creature and tell your pet like a unicorn to follow the ev in there give it a few seconds and bang door shuts guardian spawns in there me and MalGanis did this this morning on osi we've been in that place for hours so will fix some stuff very soon on my next update.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

WarUO;611806 said:
Not sure about NF's as they are not used on OSI like they are here but EV's
Interesting. Why do you think that is?

Gisela

Bug Hunter

uome;611795 said:
There was some strange pack spawn on one char on one of my existing accounts.
Which of the items pictured was spawned? We could have some very unhappy people if there's a bug messing with people's inventories (whether caused by this or not :))

uome

Bug Hunter

The strange spawn was holes(fire column traps), floor spike traps, and gas traps. All of them were set to movable false and there was about 5 of each.

This is the only patch i had installed when testing, i had made my usual modifications to server list(name), base house(house decay time) and account handler(ip limit)

It was most odd.

Erica

Knight

uome;611795 said:
Guardian room

Wierd:
There was some strange pack spawn on one char on one of my existing accounts. This was deleted by a gm and never returned. I wasn't missing any items, nothing was converted into them. Sorry i can't find anything unique that might explain it.
See pic.

Questions:
Only controlable summons, pets and players count when adding extra guardians, should uncontrolable like ev's or nf's count?

The room will restart when summoning a new controlable summon and walking around with it. you don't have to leave the room. Is this right?

Needs attention:
gaurdians respawn with no gas and the doors remain unlocked if you just wait in the room.
Luring one of these away can cause the next person to enter the room to get trapped there as they cannot kill the guardian that isn't in the room.

you cannot mark/recall/gate from the room but you can recal/gate into the room from an existing rune.

View attachment 16591

weird that happen to you but its not my system thought maybe a admin or someone played a prank on you who knows but can tell you its not my script that added that on you.

Erica

Knight

Hello again finally this should be Fixed osi way . Also Guardian Room was rewritten lots of changes Lamp Room is basically was just cleaned up a bit tho.
Any ways me and MalGanis went back on osi and stood in Guardian Room for like 4 hours or so so thats why it was rewritten and Thanks To MalGanis for working with me on this Project wasn't easy but With MalGanis help i would had never gone this far with this script I Thank You MalGanis for being on osi with me and helping me rewrite this script.

Ok Heres what you expect in Guardian Room Script.
[Guardian Room]
Added-Can't Recall

Added-Can't Gate

Added-Can't Mark

Added-Can't Sacred Journey

[Lamp Room]
Added-Can't Recall

Added-Can't Gate

Added-Can't Mark

Added-Can't Sacred Journey

Added-Guardian Room And Lamp Room - malas.xml

Fixed only in room will you get teleporter if go thru doors if you get killed.

To test can't be a Staff won't work for staff the right way.

If your going to test it you need to be a regular player so if you got a cloak or shroud or robe that turns you to a regular player that will not work the right way cause once you die the cloak or robe or shroud comes off and your back to staff being dead.

So please when you do test this use a regular player account.

Also if you go in with pet instead of 2 guardians to spawn will be 4 guardians so the more pets with players go in the more guardians show once your locked in.
On osi me and MalGanis went in that room just me and him mounted on pets only 4 guardians came out so same will go with players 3 players go in 6 guardians spawn thats how it works in osi beleive me me and MalGanis was there for over 4 hours testing a lot of stuff. Also me and MalGanis casted EV out the room with doors open and nothing will start the system but we did find out something Thought while that Ev is in there if you made your pet or summoned like Daemon or any type of Elementals if you tell it to follow the EV in that room it would activate the system on osi. This was added in this script patch as well. One more thing me and MalGanis notice a player can actually go in and the doors will not lock right away it takes a few seconds before it activates so this was added it as well.

*PS* Make sure you patch with this one like i said it was rewritten so all the others patches in the post you need to get rid of it. So please patch all of this new patch and test it Thanks.

Attachments

• DoomGuardianRoomAndLampRoom.patch
    62.3 KB · Views: 9

Erica

Knight

Oh almost forgot to generate Guardian Room Command is [GenGuardianRoom
And Command For Lamp Room Puzzle is [GenLampPuzzle

Raider

Wanderer

Tested and all the above you mession seems to work just like osi i was on osi as well today to see if there was a difference with this script seems to do everything osi does . Also i would know since my account on osi is about 11 years old good work Erica And Of Course MalGanis for helping in this project.

psz

Administrator

It's nice to do your own testing and all, but please try to keep to ONE forum account when reporting your results :-P

uome

Bug Hunter

This is looking very good, i have been trying vey hard to break it but it all looks fine.
I have tested too much to list and having 6 accs logged at once gets confusing :eek:

I would like to get a group on to test sometime when we have irc back but it passes all of my tests.

Thanks Erica for all the hard work you have put into this project, it's been a long task. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.