UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Doom Lever Puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica

Knight
Re: [TESTING] Doom Lever Puzzle

All mines does is spawns the puzzle and entrance in lamp room once they do the puzzle doesnt add nothing else in the lamp room.

Erica

Knight

Heres that patch since i learned how to create patches.

Attachments

• Guardian Room And Lamp Room.patch
    55.5 KB · Views: 22

gugutz

Knight

I applied the patch, started the server, scripts compiled ok.
But when i type [GenLampPuzzle, nothing happens.

Then i downloaded the last rar files, putted under Scripts\Engines\Doom, started the server and the command works ok. The puzzle is generated.

View attachment 16274

Now i'll just gather some ppl up and try to test the puzzle.

Attachments

• itworks.png
    itworks.png
    433.8 KB · Views: 80

Erica

Knight

gugutz;606722 said:
I applied the patch, started the server, scripts compiled ok.
But when i type [GenLampPuzzle, nothing happens.

Then i downloaded the last rar files, putted under Scripts\Engines\Doom, started the server and the command works ok. The puzzle is generated.

View attachment 16274

Now i'll just gather some ppl up and try to test the puzzle.

I just tested the Patch and did say command and it did add the lamp system so not sure what you did wrong but patch works as well the last rar file i uploaded.

uome

Bug Hunter

I still need to look properly at the gaurdian room, report coming soon.
This is just for the lever puzzle atm.

Doom lever puzzle results

Levers and pads:

tested:
Tried weighing down the pads with items, npc's and pets.
tried to get the levers stuck.
all the messages and clues seem good.
the first person to step onto the center pad is the one that gets into the lamp room.
The order of the puzzle changes after succesfull completion.
elf and human makes no difference to the pads.
tried gating onto pads with not enough people.

Observations:
There does seem to be an issue if you shadowjump onto the center pad it dosnt recognise you are there but i think this is a shadow jump bug not to do with this puzzle.

Qeustions:
In any form polymorth, necro forms ect the lever pads and i assume the central pad do not recognise you. should it be like this?

Lamp room:

tested:
the poison level increases in the room.
the items can be stolen.
the box reveals a wanderer of the void.
the telepads to exit all work.
cannot teleport or cast spells into the room from outside.

Needs attention:
You can mark and recal/gate ect in the lamp room.

Extra:
Thanks to everyone that helped in testing this one :)

Erica

Knight

Thanks Just need the coding for the lamp room to not recall not gate not mark not Sacred Journey and that will stop that since ive already coded this if anyone got ideas on how to add that to lamp room please show code if add it and tested for that not to happen and i will add it Thanks again.

Erica;606828 said:
Thanks Just need the coding for the lamp room to not recall not gate not mark not Sacred Journey and that will stop that since ive already coded this if anyone got ideas on how to add that to lamp room please show code if add it and tested for that not to happen and i will add it Thanks again.

gugutz;606841 said:
Is that a way to add that region to SpellHelper.cs?

Yes: the solution is in SpellHelper.cs.

This post is quite related:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/script-support/97725-q-green-acres-house-rules-limiting-casting.html

This is to define the region in Region.xml
http://www.runuo.com/forums/server-support-windows/95298-adding-region-hand.html

I'm not sure if it's necessary to define a region, but it would be surely better sorted.

You can also just extend the Gauntlet Ferry region to include the Lamp Room :)

edit: about the Shadowjump, I think it's not strictly related to it. Thinking to it well, we had the same "issue" even when you moved your character with [move ... we also forgot to try Teleport. I believe, instead, the problem is because the system won't recognize if you are there, but if you move there.

Erica

Knight

Hi ok i have a fix for Lamp Room for the following spells not to work.

Added-Can't Recall

Added-Can't Gate

Added-Can't Mark

Added-Can't Sacred Journey

So only way out that Room is the teleporter exits that are in that room.
Will post the fix in a few minutes.

Erica

Knight

Hi again heres the fix patch for the Lamp Room so won't be able to do the list below in that room.

Added-Can't Recall

Added-Can't Gate

Added-Can't Mark

Attachments

• DoomLampRoom.patch
    1.7 KB · Views: 4

Erica

Knight

Opps for some reason the region was most all red lol i replaced it on above post just download patch again sorry again must be a long night for me lol.

Erica;607071 said:
Opps for some reason the region was most all red lol i replaced it on above post just download patch again sorry again must be a long night for me lol.

I have seen the patch. I wish to ask you:

- could you post a cumulative patch that integrates also Doom Lever Puzzle? It would help the merging process

- Why a new cs for the region? Wasn't better just to add some new lines in SpellHelper.cs?

Erica

Knight

osd_daedalus;607073 said:
I have seen the patch. I wish to ask you:

- could you post a cumulative patch that integrates also Doom Lever Puzzle? It would help the merging process

- Why a new cs for the region? Wasn't better just to add some new lines in SpellHelper.cs?

Ok did some thinking and your right why add another region.cs and decided to add it in SpellHelper.cs also the patch i added here is the whole system with SpellHelper.cs for Guardian Room and Lamp Room.

Added-Can't Recall

Added-Can't Gate

Added-Can't Mark

Attachments

• DoomLampRoom.patch
    58.8 KB · Views: 13

uome

Bug Hunter

The lever puzzle

the Lever puzzle looks good to go now, allough another quick group test would't hurt. :)
I tested it briefly with 5 clients on myself and you cannot recal, mark or sacred journey in or into the lamp room. Everything else seems to behave the same as before.

The gaurdian room

Questions:
the ghost teleporters just outside the doors work well and move the ghost and the corpse.
should a ghost who isnt coming out of the room but from somewhere else in the dungeon also be teleported?

Should pets and summons be generating more gaurdians? I think it should be two per person/pet/summon in the room.
Allough i couldn't find much documentation on it. A user comment on stratics is what made me question this bit.

Notes:
I had two sets of doors at the entrance to the room, one wooden and one metal.
I just deleted the wooden ones.

Also the patchfile wouldn't all apply i had to make the changes to spellhelper manually And move the room folders created to the right location.

Thats all i can think of atm.

WarUO

Sorceror

For every PC, sommon, or unmounted pet in the room it spawns two Dark Guardians. Examples: If im in the room with a shadow wisp and my unmounted pet six Dark Guardians will appear. If im in the room with a shadow wisp and mounted pet four Dark Guardians will appear. If a friend and I are both in the room each have a shadow wisp and a unmounted pet twelve Dark Guardians will spawn.

And about the Ghost teleporter as you called it. It only works when you die in the room not in the rest of the dungeon. Another thing with this is if you die in the room but are with other people and they rez you in the room you can continue to fight, but as soon as you try to leave the room even if your not dead you will be teleported. I guess from they way it looks it kind of flags you for the next time you try and go through that door after you have died in the room you get teleported no matter a ghost or not.

uome

Bug Hunter

WarUO;610678 said:
Another thing with this is if you die in the room but are with other people and they rez you in the room you can continue to fight.
Thanks for the extra info WarUO :)
That bit above interests me because i wasn't able to res in the room, well not by using the "[res" command so if that dosn't work i would assume all ressing wouldn't.

Erica

Knight

Thanks for the information tommorrow i'll get on osi to do some more testing in that room and out the room itself once i get a better information on guardian room will fix it and post new patch.

gugutz

Knight

Erica, thank you a lot for be taking so much of your time to review and enhance this code.
This keeps getting better and better.

Soon it will be ready to be moved to the oficial svn hopefully.
Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.