UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Complete) Sunday February 11: Bombing Run Tournament

VulgarAB

Wanderer
Re: Sunday February 11: Bombing Run Tournament

Cronus-demise;228321 said:
If 5 teams are not registered before Server Wars on Saturday February 9th we'll be calling this event off.

Well..

Saturday is February 10th sir..

So I assume that sign-ups go til then?

Cronus

and his amazing friends

VulgarAB;228404 said:
Well..

Saturday is February 10th sir..

So I assume that sign-ups go til then?

Correct, my mistake.

Dexter-LoM

Knight

hey i wana join but am solo so :( too sad for people that dont belong to big name guilds with shit load of pvp's guess next solo event ill be there

Cronus

and his amazing friends

If you really want to be randomly paired up send me a PM saying as much and we'll see if there's enough interest.

Remember that the preformed teams will have an advantage over you in that they know each other & are probably using ventrilo or teamspeak to coordinate and whatnot.

That being said. PM away.

Cronus

and his amazing friends

Also since we do have 4 teams I'm going to leave signups open until Sunday evening to see if we get the 5 team minimum.

malakhi

Wanderer

Just send out a message DAY OF and ask for 4 people to page in. A lot of people dont know if they can make it day of, so why limit?

4 random people getting together at luna bank would be fun :D

or maybe configure a random team gate that people can do.

[Drakull]

Knight

Cronus-demise;228751 said:
Also since we do have 4 teams I'm going to leave signups open until Sunday evening to see if we get the 5 team minimum.

Well look at it this way:
Competing team 1: e. members
Competing team 2: 2d members
So both teams working with pvp-oriented players who are used to play together, use ventrilo to coordinate actions (and to coordinate who to smoke).
And the idea is to find 4 players who are not used to play together, that don't use means to coordinate themselves (as they don't even know each other from before) to "compete" with them... let's better say to get butchered at their hands, with the "hope" of making 50K per head or, if they get lucky and have one of the two main teams compete versus each other, to get a hrsk.... well... I call it "lack of motivation for the lonely sporadic fighter"...

coveiro

Knight

bombing run tournment works to know who e./2d is better, jsut this o.o

ZachM1

Sorceror

Drakull-demise;228833 said:
So both teams working with pvp-oriented players who are used to play together, use ventrilo to coordinate actions (and to coordinate who to smoke).
And the idea is to find 4 players who are not used to play together, that don't use means to coordinate themselves (as they don't even know each other from before) to "compete" with them... let's better say to get butchered at their hands, with the "hope" of making 50K per head or, if they get lucky and have one of the two main teams compete versus each other, to get a hrsk.... well... I call it "lack of motivation for the lonely sporadic fighter"...

Maybe join an event for fun, not profit.

Cronus

and his amazing friends

We do PvP events with random teams all the time. We just sorta thought that everybody might like a chance to have some organized field PvP with their friends. Guess not. :/

Windows Dark

Wanderer

But like always people complaing about everything.

"Oh noes, 2 e. in the otehr ctf team, I won't play!!"
"Oh noes, zorak will play the 1v1... I won't play!!"
"Oh noes, 2 e. team in the bombing run, they will win, I won't play!!"

wtf?

_Nish

Wanderer

Windows Dark;228877 said:

wtf?

if i had a team i would join even to fight the organized 2D.
that game is just fun, whats the big deal to die? :p

coveiro

Knight

Windows Dark;228877 said:

wtf?

u say this cuz u are a 2D :rolleyes:

Windows Dark

Wanderer

I might be searching for a team.
I'm atm trying to make a 3rd e. team or get some friends together to fight.

How many time until the event begins?

Scorpio X

Wanderer

Worst fucking attitude ever. If anyone who thought they "might" not win thought like this and backed out there would never be competition. Hell nobody would even play for fun because, oh my god they might not win.

I also already gave extra motivation so make a team already.

Lucifall

Knight

Just wondering, what guilds other than e. registered for this event?

Zach-demise;228840 said:
Maybe join an event for fun, not profit.

QFT.

I put together a random team in like 30 minutes. It's not that difficult. My only hope, now, is that everyone will show up. :p

I don't know my team from atom, (except maybe Pablo)... I hope he's not drunk for the event... heheh... j/k... get wasted, and have fun!

It's not about winning, it's about having an event!

I see a lot of posts saying things like "we need more events!" but what kind of message are you sending the staff when they put effort into making one, and it goes completely unnoticed?! seems kinda ungrateful to me. :confused:

Yeah... the guilds have an advantage... but that only advantage, really, is coordination and organization, which i commend them for. (that, and being nearly completely artied out) ... but, whatev.

I'm looking forward to the event, and I wish all the other teams good luck.

That's it.