UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(complete) Tamer Pet Tournament

Cronus

and his amazing friends
(complete) Tamer Pet Tournament

Tuesday September 19 6:00pm PST 9:00pm EST

Tamer Pet Tournament. We will open event gates to the signup area. All tamers will need to register with Seer Naddict for placement in the tournament bracket (we have to run this manually since the tourny system doesn't support pets).

Any tamer who wishes to participate may use any pet combination s/he likes, with the obvious 5 follower slot limitation.

Once you sign up we will move your pets to a designated area until it is your turn to compete. There is no casting or healing of your pets allowed, otherwise it could take hours for a single match. Vetting or casting of any spell will result in an immediate disqualification.

We strongly advise that all pets entered into the event be bonded, so they may be resurrected should they die.

Prizes are to be determined and will depend on the number of particpants.

Once placed in the arena, please do not attack until signaled to do so by Seer Cronus (myself).

Sintoo

Sorceror
Re: Tamer Pet Tournament

Aww... I've been looking forward to compete in one of these or atleast see one, unfortunately the time doesn't allow me to.
I wish all involved good luck and let the best...pet win.

slowjeep

Sorceror

I can't wait, ever since I missed the last one I have been training my pets. I am sure that both my doberman and pitbull are fully trained in wrestling, tactics, and anat. But I must be doing somn wrong cause no matter what I try, their magery seems to be stuck at 0.

oh wait, I have blurred the line between real life and UO again...

xaxas

Wanderer

At least I'll understand if modified runebeetles stand a chance against a dragon. Its 60-ish magery tho, and I dont have the time to train it :(

Curses! I said to myself that I'd have my tamer ready by the time the next tamer tourney rolls around, but here we are, and my tamer's still effectively a newbie char.

Ah well, there's always next time. 9PM's a little late for me, but I may be able to make it there to watch... Now that people know about the tourney ahead of time, and people have known for weeks that we now have them here, I wonder how different this will be from the last, now that people will focus on pets that are best full tamed, rather than those that work great right off, like the white wyrm.

And if no healing's allowed, I guess that shoots the prospect of using a pack of frenzies, now doesn't it? It would look spectacular, though! :p

xaxas

Wanderer

Nottheking said:
And if no healing's allowed, I guess that shoots the prospect of using a pack of frenzies, now doesn't it? It would look spectacular, though! :p

I thought about that, but they'll die too damn fast, otherwise 5 hell hounds with their 80% fire damage and pack instincts will make any WW melt down in no time :cool:

xaxas said:
I thought about that, but they'll die too damn fast, otherwise 5 hell hounds with their 80% fire damage and pack instincts will make any WW melt down in no time :cool:

yes but a hiryu will tear a pack of hounds to shreds...fire resist is simply too high...I tested my pack against goldentamer's hiryu...ended badly for my hounds...

xeres said:
yes but a hiryu will tear a pack of hounds to shreds...fire resist is simply too high...I tested my pack against goldentamer's hiryu...ended badly for my hounds...
Yeah, a pack would do well against just about anything but that hiryu. To win, you'd have to have extraordinary luck that you don't get faced with any. It's possible, since Hiryu seem to almost always lose against WW/Dragon + Mare/Bake combos.

And it's a shame that Ostards have pretty crap resists for a fighting pet.

xaxas

Wanderer

A small hint:

Gaman:
HP: 130-160
Max resists: 70/50/50/60/50
Slots required: 1

Go figure :p

Im not saying its good for the tourney but 1 gaman as a tank and 4 frenzies/hellhounds as damagers work pretty well in pvm fights (you still get 75% di from pack instincts)

Ulrich

Wanderer

I’m pretty excited for this, last time I watched because none of my pets were bonded at that time. Now my hiryu is bonded and completely trained, and I have a little idea that might help me get the edge on the dreaded WW+Mare combo. We’ll see it’s all in fun anyway. Unfortunately my Hiryu with better resists and my WW+mare combo are not trained up so they won’t see action tell the next tourney. I would like to see some one with a pack combo of some sort enter the tourney. I just don’t have the stable room to bond all of them. :D

Omni

Wanderer

So how long until this? Im not smart enough to know the time conversions for central