UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) A Summer Solstice Festival

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
(completed) A Summer Solstice Festival

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Celebrate Summer with a​

Summer Solstice Festival
Saturday, August 2nd, 2008

- events scheduled for the duration of the day -

Events that will occur randomly throughout the day
- Mage Poker -
- Let's Make a Deal -
- Find the Lost Staff Pets -
- Champ Spawn -​

Events with deadlines prior to August 2nd:

House Design/Deco Contest
House submissions will be accepted starting July 29th and will end midnight EST July 31st. There is no theme for the house design/deco contest other than having a spectacular house design and decor. Even a classic home can win with the right decor!

To enter the contest, you will need to do the following:
1. Get a bag
2. Inside that bag, place a rune marked to the house
3. Write your character name, house name, forum name, and email address inside a book.
4. Put that book inside the bag.
5. Page staff stating you have an entry for the house design contest.
Winners will be announced at the end of the festival and on the forums with the complete list of winners from the festival.

Story Contest
Similar to the house design contest, players are asked to write the story inside a writable book (remember, purple books have 40 pages) and submit it with another book that contains the character name, forum name, and email address of the player. Page a staff member and he or she will take the bag and place your entry with the others. The story must fit inside one UO writable book. You do not have to seal the book as this will be done for you. The story should be a role play type story taking place during the summer.

All stories will be judged on August 1st and placed on display during the festival.The winner will be announced during the closing ceremony and on the forums. Submissions can be made between July 29th and midnight EST on July 31st by paging a staff member with your bag of books stating you wish to enter the story contest.

Poetry Contest
Similar to the story contest, players are asked to write their poem inside a writable book (remember, purple books have 40 pages) and submit it with another book that contains the character name, forum name, and email address of the player. Page a staff member and he or she will take the bag and place your entry with the others. The poem must fit inside one UO writable book. You do not have to seal the book as this will be done for you.

The poem must contain the following 10 words: solstice, shell, horizon, image, time, focus, paper, red, water, and shine.

All poems will be judged on August 1st and placed on display during the festival.The winner will be announced during the closing ceremony and on the forums. Submissions can be made between July 29th and midnight EST on July 31st by paging a staff member with your bag of books stating you wish to enter the story contest.

Scheduled events are shown in EST time.

Net Toss
11 am EST
A gate will be opened and nets will be tossed. No prize for this event other than the loot you pick up from the dead. It will be 1 hour of screaming, dying, good fun.

Scavenger Hunt
12 pm EST
Ran like other scavengers hunts we have had previously on shard with players allowed to begin signup at 12pm EST. Actual event start time will be at 12:10pm EST allowing 10 minutes for initial signup. Event to last 45 minutes or until all scavenger hunt items are found.

PvP Tournies
1 pm EST
Two 1v1 PvP tournies will take place. This is the standard event tournies that are ran sporadically.

Dart Tournament
2 pm EST
This is a new addition to the festival schedule. Gather at the festival grounds and don't forget to bring a dagger! Event will progress with basic elimination highest scores progressing through until a single winner is named.

Boat Race
3:30 pm EST
This is a new addition to the festival schedule. Gather at the festival grounds and do not forget to bring a boat. We only have a limited supply of "loaners" which will be primarily eserved for newer players. Rules will be given at the start of the race.

Maze House
5 pm EST
You have come to know and love Demise's famous maze houses built by Naddict. Allow frustration to run through your veins as you tackle another one of his sadistic creations!

PvM Tournament
8 pm EST
Win the only traveling trophy on Demise by taking home the gold in the PvM tournament... It's a fight until death... or at least until it gets to one man (or woman) standing.

Closing Ceremony
11 pm EST
Find out who won the house deco/design, story, and poetry contests.

Checkers Tournament
11:30 pm EST
This is a new addition and seemingly fits in best after the closing ceremony, considering there is no way to predict how long this will last. Pit your checker skillz against others and see who comes out on top of the checkers tournament. If this one gets too many griefers or becomes too difficult to monitor, it could be cancelled.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: Announcing: A Summer Solstice Festival

This sounds amazing. Looking forward to it already.

hickman48

Knight

that sounds pretty good i do hope that you are useing a larg area for the net toss. thoses smaller ones just cuase a bit to much lag for players.

repiovesana

Sorceror

Suggestion:

Why not a Chess Tournament too?

Question about the House Design Contest:

Do size and value matter? Or can I enter the contest with my little shack in the woods and expect to have a chance?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

repiovesana;418830 said:
Suggestion:

Why not a Chess Tournament too?

Question about the House Design Contest:

Do size and value matter? Or can I enter the contest with my little shack in the woods and expect to have a chance?

Trying Checkers first since the games go a lil faster :) If it seems to be ok, maybe an organized and regular chess tournie could be in the making.

As for house - each house is being judged on its design and decor for the design and size, so every house (even the classics) have a shot.

karpatzio

Wanderer

im so going to win the maze thing, and the boat racing if i make it.... yarrr

repiovesana

Sorceror

karpatzio;419231 said:
im so going to win the maze thing, and the boat racing if i make it.... yarrr
That is, if the maze doesn't take away your sanity first.
The way you said it, it sounds like you don't know Naddict's sick mazes :D

repiovesana

Sorceror

I can already feel Naddict loading his Frustration Cannon and aiming it at your face :D

uome

Bug Hunter

LadyCrimson;418342 said:
House Design/Deco ContestHouse submissions will be accepted starting July 29th and will end midnight EST July 31st.

Levi of Minoc;419303 said:
*pages to submit his house*
Not yet.

hickman48

Knight

karpatzio;419258 said:
no, naddicts sick mazes never met me :p
God help you

iv done one and i refuse to set foot in another one >.>
cuz i didn't finish my first one Y_Y

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Feersum Endjinn;419177 said:
Sounds great...

Thanks LC :)

BTW - is Naddict making a new maze? :eek:

FE

Indeed he is.

And to the person who thinks he will tackle Naddict's maze with no problem - everyone should just allow you to have a false sense of confidence. Its just better that way.