UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) The Educated Fool

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
(completed) The Educated Fool

William the Insane has wandered the mountain sides babbling complete incoherent rambles and writing in his journal.... which also makes no sense to any who are able to get a glimpse at the dirty, worn pages.

J

John Doe

Re: The Educated Fool

LadyCrimson;416074 said:
William the Insane has wandered the mountain sides babbling complete incoherent rambles and writing in his journal.... which also makes no sense to any who are able to get a glimpse at the dirty, worn pages.

*grabs cane and eye glasses and begins searching*

WarUO

Sorceror

This is all i could get him to say for now.

Attachments

• william.bmp
    171.2 KB · Views: 693
  • william 2.bmp
    320.2 KB · Views: 661

UOmeadollar

Wanderer

The first quote is from Macbeth (The Shakespeare play)

Act 5 Scene 1

Doctor
How came she by that light?

Gentlewoman
Why, it stood by her. She has light by her
continually; 'tis her command.

So is the second one, scene 5 act 6

MALCOLM
Now near enough; your leafy screens throw down.
And show like those you are. You, worthy uncle,
Shall, with my cousin, your right noble son,
Lead our first battle. Worthy Macduff and we
Shall take upon 's what else remains to do,
According to our order.

SIWARD
Fare you well.
Do we but find the tyrant's power tonight,
Let us be beaten, if we cannot fight.

MACDUFF
Make all our trumpets speak; give them all breath,
Those clamorous harbingers of blood and death.

UOmeadollar

Wanderer

Actually they are all from Macbeth

third one...

Act 2 Scene 3

LENNOX

My young remembrance cannot parallel
A fellow to it.
Enter MACDUFF.

MACDUFF
O horror, horror, horror! Tongue nor heart
Cannot conceive nor name thee!

UOmeadollar

Wanderer

So Im guessing that William the Educated Fool is supposed to be William Shakespeare.

Last one is the last thing Banquo says as he dies.

In Act 3 scene 3.

Maybe the numbers are a puzzle?

51-56-23-33?

Hawken

Wanderer

Or a location? x:5156, y:2333

I checked the location in Trammel and nothing was there. The location does not exist in Malas. In Ilshenar, the location is west of the Honor Moongate and the only think there are gargoyles, gazers and spiders.

Also, who is Master Lennox? Is that William the Insane?

EDIT: The quote below is from the 'Cold as Ice' thread so people know where these NPC's are located.

Hawken;415932 said:
I ran around about half the Trammel towns and both Malas towns but the only thing I found which I wasn't sure about was a guy in Cove whose name had the extension "the insane"

Hawken;416043 said:
There is a new building in the middle of Vesper called the Vesper Research Center. Inside this building are three NPC, one is called the educated and the other two were called students.

The really odd part was the building is outside the guard zone even though it is in the middle of town. You walk up to the building and you get the message "you have left the protection of the town guard" and when you walk away from the building you get the message "you are now under the protection of the town guard".

The bookcases were odd too. They did not show having inventory so I double-clicked on one to see if they were locked but received no messages nor would they open.

When I said "News", all three NPC's replied with "I have no news at this time."

EDIT: I tried some of the key phrases and words from the 'Cold as Ice' event with no effect. However I tried marking a rune and the rune reads "A Recall Rune For The City Of Vesper (Trammel)(House)" and the rune is colored blue. Also, Myrius the Educated carries a magery spell book that when moused over reads "A Book Of Poetry, Blessed, 0 Spells"

UOmeadollar

Wanderer

Lennox was one of the Scottish Lords in MacBeth who was kinda just an auxillary character who sat by and watched MacBeth go crazy.

William the Insane is probably just meant to be William Shakespeare.

CrystalTears

Wanderer

Tried a ton of stuff to make the guys at Vesper talk and say something. Nothing.

Can't snoop anything either. I even tried quoting shakespeare at them and nothing.

CrystalTears

Wanderer

Well known stuff.

And a lot of stuff from Macbeth seeing as the characters are linked to that play. Got nothing.

UOmeadollar

Wanderer

Bummer =/

So is this tied in with the Ice Cold quest thingy that has been going on for a while? (Wasn't really around for that)

Hawken

Wanderer

CrystalTears;416804 said:
Tried a ton of stuff to make the guys at Vesper talk and say something. Nothing.

Can't snoop anything either. I even tried quoting shakespeare at them and nothing.

Crystal, stand in the middle of the three NPC's in Vesper and say "William". That is the key word to get the conversation going. There will then be a word from each phrase the NPC's say which is a keyword for the next phrase to be spoken.

UOmeadollar;416830 said:
So is this tied in with the Ice Cold quest thingy that has been going on for a while? (Wasn't really around for that)

I don't believe it is tied in with the the 'Cold as Ice' event, but rather a completely new event. If it were tied in with 'Cold as Ice' it would probably have been posted in that thread by Lady Crimson.

Now is a great time to get in on this quest as it is the very beginning.

WarUO

Sorceror

LC metioned about reading the journal he is holding but i havnt had any success on reading it. Is there any metion in that play about a journal or anything im not really familer with it.

Hawken

Wanderer

Iron Maiden said:
I'm an educated fool
So I don't know what it is I'm supposed to do
About this awkward situation
That's been forced down right upon me

I'm an educated fool. :D