UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demented Jesters Suggested Changes (Revised Poll)

Which changes would you like to see made? (can vote for multiple ones)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Zissou

Sorceror
Re: Demented Jesters Suggested Changes (Revised Poll)

Gankis Khan said:
Faction Wipe - I would love to see this happen. Go back to O/C battles and red/blue battles. Those were the days...
Not destroy factions but delte all current points and town standings...as if factions just started now

Pepsi_Rox

Knight

Steve Zissou said:
Not destroy factions but delte all current points and town standings...as if factions just started now
I'd fucking love the initial sigil raid haha

Bubbster

Wanderer

Just a question, would any GM/Admin take these points into consideration, or is it more of like a "let us wish" shit.

Armelo

Wanderer

Bubbster said:
Just a question, would any GM/Admin take these points into consideration, or is it more of like a "let us wish" shit.

Isn't it always let it wish?

hehe, Ryan posted, but dunno what will happen. My guess is some changes might get implemented down the road, but nothing immediatly.

Megumi

Wanderer

YekNom said:
no, to all except faction reset

Why?

Serisouly, all you people voicing displeasure but not saying why piss me off. If you just say "no", people will generally just ignore you. You'd be much better off saying why you feel the way you do and adding in some reasoning. Until then, people will just assume you're a dullard ;\.
More to the point, if you told me what was wrong with the ideas, i could try to come up with countermeasures for these problems, just in case i missed any... I'd also be very happy if you gave me a solid arguement as to why none of my ideas would work, confounding me with brilliant logical reasoning and rhetoric.

Retlif

Wanderer

DementedJester said:
Why?

Serisouly, all you people voicing displeasure but not saying why piss me off. If you just say "no", people will generally just ignore you. You'd be much better off saying why you feel the way you do and adding in some reasoning. Until then, people will just assume you're a dullard ;\.
Looking at all the post he did he's a trammie.

Megumi

Wanderer

Retlif said:
Looking at all the post he did he's a trammie.

Sometimes i should just double psot, rather than editing :p

Looking through his past posts, I'd say it's more of a "not been here long" case.

[-c2w-]Robo

Wanderer

Steve Zissou said:

what good would deleting all points and town standings do?

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

[-c2w-]Robo said:
what good would deleting all points and town standings do?
I understand your point of view on it with that many ponts n such, but apparently it worked before

YekNom

Wanderer

DementedJester said:
Sometimes i should just double psot, rather than editing :p

Looking through his past posts, I'd say it's more of a "not been here long" case.

true i have not been here that long but i have played other servers with this same type of problem.

#1 - Faction Wipe
#2 - Faction Revert
whats the diff between 1 and 2? i jsut started factions on here so thats not a big deal.
#3 - PK Statloss
statloss? are we OSI? i could see the temp statloss of 20-10 minutes like factions would be OK. I just cant see myself playing again to macro off counts so i can res. would be pretty lame.
#4 - PK's Kick From Factions
why?
#5 - Removal of Duel Zones
alot of people use the duel zones to...duel. Maybe make it so you cant just walk into the zone. You actually have to get there by doing a duel. and to stay and watch you must have a duel every 15 minutes or so.

sorry for not fully explaining my reasoning behind "no"
thanks

Pepsi_Rox

Knight

YekNom said:
true i have not been here that long but i have played other servers with this same type of problem.

#1 - Faction Wipe
#2 - Faction Revert
whats the diff between 1 and 2? i jsut started factions on here so thats not a big deal.
#3 - PK Statloss
statloss? are we OSI? i could see the temp statloss of 20-10 minutes like factions would be OK. I just cant see myself playing again to macro off counts so i can res. would be pretty lame.
why?
alot of people use the duel zones to...duel. Maybe make it so you cant just walk into the zone. You actually have to get there by doing a duel. and to stay and watch you must have a duel every 15 minutes or so.

thanks
qft

coldblood

Knight

YekNom said:
#3 - PK Statloss
PK Statloss: EVERYONE on the shard is red. Being a pk doesnt require skill here. I saw people who said "Wow dude, im finally red...took me 3 days"
90% of the pks out there are trash, and have no idea how to pvp at all. They just kill miners or newbies who just started....they run from a fight even if its 1v2...
+ less reds, more O/C or maybe even faction

YekNom

Wanderer

coldblood said:
PK Statloss: EVERYONE on the shard is red. Being a pk doesnt require skill here. I saw people who said "Wow dude, im finally red...took me 3 days"
90% of the pks out there are trash, and have no idea how to pvp at all. They just kill miners or newbies who just started....they run from a fight even if its 1v2...
+ less reds, more O/C or maybe even faction

if everyone on this shard is red, do you really think they would all like to macro off counts to res?

Megumi

Wanderer

YekNom said:

#1 - Faction Wipe
#2 - Faction Revert
#3 - PK Statloss
why?

thanks

You've not been ehre long so i'll explain each situation in detail.

A faction wipe would remove all guilds and points from the system and would generally be needed to be implimented for various major changes to go in.
The faction revert is to remove alot of shitty changes put into factions due to excessive whining that have lead to the downfall of factions.

The PKs on this server are a fucking joke, it's too easy to be red and there is currently no penalty, faction style statloss wouldn't do a damn thing in the long run, i'm thinking about long term solutions. Implimenting statloss would cause alot of the PKs to stop PKing and join factions, giving PVMers a chance at farming along with making it easier for new players to start the server (they're more likely to stay if they don't have some asshole grief them into quitting within an hour of them logging on)... The influx of new players and rise in pvm will help the economy which will help pvp in the long run. it wouldn't jsut be a case of implimenting statloss, a general amnesty would be offered to all current pks. If you don't want to do the time, don't commit the crime... Last i checked, murdering was a crime, where's the punishment?

Reds being kicked from factions will help with the faction loyalty situation which is currently filled with factioners who kill their own members, preventing people from wanting to faction at all... It's bad enough getting zerged by other factions... For example, Little Jimmy joins minax and encounters c2w rolling 4 deep in Britain, c2w kill Little Jimmy. He goes and restocks... Little Jimmy, knowing c2w are in Brit looks for more minax, finding E. rolling 6 deep at the GY... little Jimmy approached E. and tells them of the c2w in Britain. E. pk Little Jimmy... Little Jimmy logs off UO and psots on the forums about it, Little Jimmy gets flamed and called a faggot. Little Jimmy quits. If factioners are kicked from factions for a week, they'll think twice about killing a faction mate. As a result, E. will never kill Little Jimmy and may ;let him house hide from c2w with them.

It's more of a lack of risk thing... Everyone else risks death while playing UO. Pvmers risk dying to monsters, pks risk dying to monsters/blues, factioners risk dying to other factioners, bank sitters risk dying to a roleplay quest where 1500 balrons are spawned at WBB or PKs with fs scrolls. What to duelists risk? Nothing. They get to sit around in their little safe zone, comparing their e-peen duel ranks and talking shit to each other. They also use perfect equipment without ever risking losing it, essentially making item based PVP. Last i checked that was Everquest, not UO. Nowhere should be safe.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight

DementedJester said:
You've not been ehre long so i'll explain each situation in detail.

A faction wipe would remove all guilds and points from the system and would generally be needed to be implimented for various major changes to go in.
The faction revert is to remove alot of shitty changes put into factions due to excessive whining that have lead to the downfall of factions.

The PKs on this server are a fucking joke, it's too easy to be red and there is currently no penalty, faction style statloss wouldn't do a damn thing in the long run, i'm thinking about long term solutions. Implimenting statloss would cause alot of the PKs to stop PKing and join factions, giving PVMers a chance at farming along with making it easier for new players to start the server (they're more likely to stay if they don't have some asshole grief them into quitting within an hour of them logging on)... The influx of new players and rise in pvm will help the economy which will help pvp in the long run. it wouldn't jsut be a case of implimenting statloss, a general amnesty would be offered to all current pks. If you don't want to do the time, don't commit the crime... Last i checked, murdering was a crime, where's the punishment?

Reds being kicked from factions will help with the faction loyalty situation which is currently filled with factioners who kill their own members, preventing people from wanting to faction at all... It's bad enough getting zerged by other factions... For example, Little Jimmy joins minax and encounters c2w rolling 4 deep in Britain, c2w kill Little Jimmy. He goes and restocks... Little Jimmy, knowing c2w are in Brit looks for more minax, finding E. rolling 6 deep at the GY... little Jimmy approached E. and tells them of the c2w in Britain. E. pk Little Jimmy... Little Jimmy logs off UO and psots on the forums about it, Little Jimmy gets flamed and called a faggot. Little Jimmy quits. If factioners are kicked from factions for a week, they'll think twice about killing a faction mate. As a result, E. will never kill Little Jimmy and may ;let him house hide from c2w with them.

It's more of a lack of risk thing... Everyone else risks death while playing UO. Pvmers risk dying to monsters, pks risk dying to monsters/blues, factioners risk dying to other factioners, bank sitters risk dying to a roleplay quest where 1500 balrons are spawned at WBB or PKs with fs scrolls. What to duelists risk? Nothing. They get to sit around in their little safe zone, comparing their e-peen duel ranks and talking shit to each other. They also use perfect equipment without ever risking losing it, essentially making item based PVP. Last i checked that was Everquest, not UO. Nowhere should be safe.
Remove siege ruleset and implement 20 minute PK statloss.

Megumi

Wanderer

Pepsi_Rox said:
Remove siege ruleset and implement 20 minute PK statloss.

As i siad, that wont effect anything in the long term, it's not harsh enough. Removing reds from towns would force them to Brit and Oc' though. Creating a couple of hot spots. However, it wont curb griefing at all, meaning the major problem is still there and the influux of new players remains stunted.

Gotta remember, it's not the PKing that bothers me, i'm all for spilling the blood of the innocent. It's the constant griefing these "leet peekays" do that bugs me. Every time they do it they should risk an anti-PK squad coming along and stat-lossing them into the fucking stoneage.

This debating is why i didn't make a poll in the first place by the way, it's nice to see people's opinions, but they might want to change their minds after debating things.

Status
Not open for further replies.